Colorado Avalanche Media Coverage

Status
Not open for further replies.

Balthazar

I haven't talked to the trainers yet
Sponsor
Apr 25, 2006
To be fair Dater invested a lot of time and effort into BSN this year. They are far from perfect but I don't think the BSN guys get a fair treatment on this forum.

Ararana

Sep 22, 2013
Two Rivers
I've actually enjoyed BSN a lot this year and they pretty much get me through the long summer months. I give Dater a lot of shit because he's kind of an idiot but I really like AJ a lot.

dahrougem2

Dec 9, 2011
Edmonton, Alberta
If the BSN guys stayed off of Twitter and stopped posted idiotic hot takes or basically calling fans idiots, I'd have a bit more respect for what they do but to me, AJ and Dater are a couple of morons who happen to have access to the team.

Reactions: KingSizeKirby

Ararana

Sep 22, 2013
Two Rivers
If the BSN guys stayed off of Twitter and stopped posted idiotic hot takes or basically calling fans idiots, I'd have a bit more respect for what they do but to me, AJ and Dater are a couple of morons who happen to have access to the team.

And then they get all upset when Chambers calls them internet bloggers. 'Dress for the job you want' isn't just talking about clothes.

Reactions: BrickAHL

Foppberg

Nov 20, 2016
Summerside, PEI

I remember AJ did an AMA(ask me anything) on Reddit and somebody mentioned it, and he basically shrugged and said we're a passionate bunch, part of our personality.

I do give them props for working as hard as they do, but damn are they unprofessional when it comes to certain things.

Bubba Thudd

is getting banned
Jul 19, 2005
Avaland
What's BSN?
74510505cf688746871484c29b5d4f67.gif

Grackle Party

Full of guts!!
Jun 11, 2007
Cream City
My problem with AJ and a lot of bloggers/people trying to get twitter famous is the insider shtick (I have sources!!)... give it rest.

BaconNater

Jul 4, 2011
CO
They should definately stop with their Twitter hot takes.

Theyll fire out some nonsense tweet and then when they get called out, they will insult the intelligence of the person replying.

CobraAcesS

De Opresso Liber
Sponsor
Jul 20, 2011
Michigan
AJ doesn't bother me too much, and on most days AD doesn't either, though he has now once again brought up the most tired of his hot take arguments--his unadulterated hate of Paul Stastny. :shakehead

I remember AJ did an AMA(ask me anything) on Reddit and somebody mentioned it, and he basically shrugged and said we're a passionate bunch, part of our personality.

I do give them props for working as hard as they do, but damn are they unprofessional when it comes to certain things.

AJ bothers me sometimes when he gets on his superiority complex. Which seems to come from correcting Dater every day. They just approach some of their opinions and hot takes as hard fact too often.

With that said I do appreciate their coverage and how hard they work. I do listen to their podcast on Thursdays when my daughter is napping and I finally have a break that day.

While on one hand I'd like a bit more objectivity out of AJ. I get where he comes from and have a certain amount of respect and leeway for the type of perspective hes covering the team from.

The biggest reason I want someone else to succeed with the Athletic is that I think that person might be able to develop a relationship with the team that will allow them real inside information. Then hopefully report that information with some semblance of objectivity that allows us to tell where their opinion and rumor begins and ends.

I think that's when BSN pisses me off the most personally. When they report rumors that are a 50/50 mix of rumor and their conjecture. Between that and their opinionated facts it ends up being a melting pot of good, bad, and clown shoes.

The Avs don't have an Aaron Portzline type of reporter, and that sucks. You don't have to be a robot, but their inability to stay on the right side of the line holds them back. I don't see that changing any time soon.

It will be interesting to see if there is a real market for what they bring, or if they're succeeding simply because of the void that exists in Avs coverage. They'll either continue to succeed once the Athletic is fully going in Denver due to that, or they'll be easily undercut by it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad