Colorado Avalanche Media Coverage

Status
Not open for further replies.

CobraAcesS

De Opresso Liber
Sponsor
Jul 20, 2011
Michigan
From talking to him the other night it’s just a contributory thing and the playoffs are a tryout. But that may have changed.

He’s a good dude. Happy for him.

His first two pieces are pretty consistent with the Athletics quality. Nothing earth shattering, but a good start IMO if he's having to prove himself in any way.

RockLobster

King in the North
Jul 5, 2003
Kansas
Haha, @RockLobster he who posts last is remembered first.

Don't be jealous...

giphy.gif

Reactions: CobraAcesS

Freudian

Clearly deranged
Jul 3, 2003
Didn't Boulding work for Avs? If so, he might at least be on speaking terms with some insiders.

RockLobster

King in the North
Jul 5, 2003
Kansas

So it begins.. Really curious on how much this effects BSN.

Competition is good.

Forces everyone to be at their best

AJ's happy for him, at least that's what he told me a few days ago. He/BSN aren't delusional, they know what The Athletic brings to the market. They just happen to also be confident in themselves and in what they've done over the last two years, especially this year.

And in the end, it's as Avalanche said--competition is good, forces everyone to do their best, and us readers are the beneficiaries of it.

RockLobster

King in the North
Jul 5, 2003
Kansas
Didn't Boulding work for Avs? If so, he might at least be on speaking terms with some insiders.

The word is that the parting of ways wasn't exactly "smooth". I'm not sure it will be a deterrent, but again, that's just what has sort of gone around (and given some of the tweets he's had since leaving, it would seem to indicate that it wasn't smooth either).

That's not a shot at him though, I'm looking forward to seeing what he/The Athletic do in Denver.

ArWKo

Jul 2, 2009
CO
The word is that the parting of ways wasn't exactly "smooth". I'm not sure it will be a deterrent, but again, that's just what has sort of gone around (and given some of the tweets he's had since leaving, it would seem to indicate that it wasn't smooth either).

That's not a shot at him though, I'm looking forward to seeing what he/The Athletic do in Denver.

He certainly threw a fair bit of shade on Twitter RE: the Avs although I haven't noticed any for a while now, how much of that was just working through an (apparently) slightly acrimonious split and how much was him seeing stuff like this on the horizon and realizing it might be professionally detrimental is something really only he knows but I'm hoping for good things from him.

If he sticks around long term and they commit to Avs coverage at the Athletic Denver I may finally be signing up.

Last edited:

CobraAcesS

De Opresso Liber
Sponsor
Jul 20, 2011
Michigan

If Sakic will still occasionally give Dater the light of day. Then I can't imagine Ryan having any trouble lol.

Pokecheque

I’ve been told it’s spelled “Pokecheck”
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2003
The Flatlands
www.armoredheadspace.com
I'm going to keep my subscriptions for both publications for the time being. While I have my issues with AJ and AD I think both are good writers and work hard to get the story. Boulding is a good choice, though I'm a bit sad it won't be Sadowski. In addition to their hockey stuff I think Harrison Wind's Nuggets coverage has been outstanding. BSN also did a good analysis/film breakdown on Case Keenum.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad