College Hockey College Free Agent talk II

chizzler

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 11, 2006
These kids want playing time and don’t think it’s available in Boston.

DominicT

Sep 6, 2009
Stratford Ontario
dom.hockey
Someone asked about Braeden Bowman and I have had to think long and hard about this one.

He's Matt Poitras' teammate and linemate in Guelph and the pair have tremendous chemistry.

In his first 22 games of the season he had just 7 goals. But since trade deadline and playing almost exclusively with Poitras he has 24 goals in 29 games (speaks to Poitras making those around him better).

I like his shot, his physicality and willingness to stick up for your teammates, but I'm not sure it's enough. And I don't know that chemistry with Poitras alone is enough.

bbfan419

Jul 3, 2006
Moncton NB
If I could pick 2 players I would want for the B's from NCAA free agents it would be Jake Livingstone and Ryan McAllister, if the later is even available this year. Also like Parker Ford, Jaxson Nelson and Travis Mitchell.

JRull86

Jan 28, 2009
South Shore
That's awesome for him! So cool! My son (10U) plays in that rink a lot and my really good friend is the Gens' team photographer, so I'm seeing bits and pieces of loads of games pretty often. They have the regular NAHL team, an N3HL team and both 18U and 16U development teams - which does he play for?
He's on the Regular NAHL team. #9 Wilson.

Beesfan

Apr 10, 2006
Justin Pearson, who played NH public high school hockey at Bishop Guertin all four years, just signed an AHL contract out of UConn. A pretty incredible ascent considering the normal path of an elite player these days.

Saxon Eric

Dec 18, 2005
With them being at 49 contracts can the Bruins only sign one college/euro FA?
For the top guys like Gaber, Livingstone types yes for others that won't command that type of love can be signed to an ATO to finish the year out,then their "real" contract takes effect in October

Reactions: TCB

JoeIsAStud

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
For the top guys like Gaber, Livingstone types yes for others that won't command that type of love can be signed to an ATO to finish the year out,then their "real" contract takes effect in October

I would absolutely not give Gaber a contract that burns a year off his entry level deal . He is a tiny soon to be 24 year old player. i know he has skill and a shot to make it, but I hink he is going to need time in the AHL for sure

Saxon Eric

Dec 18, 2005
I would absolutely not give Gaber a contract that burns a year off his entry level deal . He is a tiny soon to be 24 year old player. i know he has skill and a shot to make it, but I hink he is going to need time in the AHL for sure
Not saying it was the right thing to do but the Bruins already set precedence with McLaughlin, I've got Gaber rated very high,I'd do it but then again Boston might try and use it on McAllister type, younger, higher ceiling

DominicT

Sep 6, 2009
Stratford Ontario
dom.hockey
Not saying it was the right thing to do but the Bruins already set precedence with McLaughlin, I've got Gaber rated very high,I'd do it but then again Boston might try and use it on McAllister type, younger, higher ceiling
Couldn't agree more. It's not like they aren't talking to players/advisors to see who has interest in the Bruins and what it will take. Once they have completed their talks, they'll evaluate and decide if it's worth giving one player the option to burn a year over another and then make their move.

I trust these guys to do their due diligence and make the right decision for the team.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad