Confirmed with Link: Colin White claimed off waivers from the Penguins

WatchfulElm

Former "Domi a favor"
Jan 31, 2007
Rive-Sud
His play reminds me of why ghosts are generally portrayed as white.

1710685544099.png

The funny thing is that vanilla flavor in ice cream and yogurt is also associated with the white color.

Zilo44

Jul 4, 2012
He's just there so we have a 4C to finish the season, because they wanted Gignac with Laval for the playoff run. It's literally all it is. It could have been any jabroni veteran depth center that could be had for free.
Gignac must be depressed ahahah

I get the AHL playoff run, but boy could he use that NHL paycheck for 20 games instead of that dead corpse

Kobe Armstrong

Jul 26, 2011
Don't underestimate how good he is in the room guys, I'm thinking 2 year extension and straight to phony LTIR a la Wideman

Habs

We should have drafted Michkov
Feb 28, 2002
This guy sucks at hockey, not even worth the plane ticket to get him here. Seriously Kent, be better. Claiming for the sake of claiming isn't a great tactic, he blows

Kobe Armstrong

Jul 26, 2011
This guy sucks at hockey, not even worth the plane ticket to get him here. Seriously Kent, be better. Claiming for the sake of claiming isn't a great tactic, he blows
He doesn't even touch the puck he just takes a slow motion forechecking lap in the offensive zone and back to the bench

Reactions: Hacketts and Habs

Kobe Armstrong

Jul 26, 2011
He claimed him so he could send someone down to help Laval's playoff push.

Are we already at the complaining about waiver pickups stage?
He claimed him so his boys at Quartexx could pocket some extra money

He doesn't care about Habs fans making us watch this BS.

Everyone knows it's inconsequential, it is still hilarious that this is the guy he decided to pick up

Reactions: Habs

Habs

Feb 28, 2002
He claimed him so he could send someone down to help Laval's playoff push.

Are we already at the complaining about waiver pickups stage?

Hey if the team can brag about getting Byron off of waivers for the past 15 years, I can bitch about the bad ones lol.

Captain Mountain

Formerly Captain Wolverine
Jun 6, 2010
He claimed him so his boys at Quartexx could pocket some extra money

He doesn't care about Habs fans making us watch this BS.

Everyone knows it's inconsequential, it is still hilarious that this is the guy he decided to pick up

Agents make no money from guys being claimed off of waivers.

And its not that hilarious, they needed a warm body and he's a youngish one on an expiring deal who can play center.

Hey if the team can brag about getting Byron off of waivers for the past 15 years, I can bitch about the bad ones lol.
Did you bitch about Montembault being claimed or signed?

The whole point of waivers is that's its no risk. If you're bitching about no risk moves you may have lost the plot a bit.

Reactions: WeThreeKings

Habs

Feb 28, 2002

And its not that hilarious, they needed a warm body and he's a youngish one on an expiring deal who can play center.

Did you bitch about Montembault being claimed or signed?

The whole point of waivers is that's its no risk. If you're bitching about no risk moves you may have lost the plot a bit.

I bitch about everything sir, so your point is moot.

• Haha
Reactions: Habs13 and Tyson

Tyson

Mar 1, 2007
Texas
He has been beyond bad and I hope he saved some money from that idiotic contract he got.

Boss Man Hughes

Mar 15, 2022
The point is that it wasn't a BAD one. It was a body to fill in at centre for the rest of the season. It only becomes a bad one if they are stupid enough to re sign him.

Kobe Armstrong

Jul 26, 2011
White makes 500k in the AHL vs 775k in the NHL.

Agent from Quartexx takes home ~15% of that.

Might not be a lot of money for an NHL player, but a significant difference in pay for an agent, even if only for a third of the season.

Who knows, maybe his favors to his friends will help us down the line, it is insignificant to our season as I said.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad