Confirmed with Link: Colin White claimed off waivers from the Penguins

Whitesnake

If you rebuild, they will come.
Jan 5, 2003
I hope people remember that when next year, he SUDDENLY racks up the points in whatever European league he's playing....Quality of play over there isn't that good anymore. Like Ty Rattie in the SHL, Nate freakin Schnarr in Liiga, Daniel Carr in the NL or Jordan Weal in the KHL...

LaP

Jun 27, 2012
Quebec City, Canada
I hope people remember that when next year, he SUDDENLY racks up the points in whatever European league he's playing....Quality of play over there isn't that good anymore. Like Ty Rattie in the SHL, Nate freakin Schnarr in Liiga, Daniel Carr in the NL or Jordan Weal in the KHL...
Ty Rattie has 30 points in 99 NHL games most of them played on a 4th line. That's some pretty good offensive numbers for a guy who played on average 11 minutes a game. It's better than lot of guys actually playing in the NHL. His problem was not offense.

Same for Carr he was a pretty decent player who was too weak physically for the NHL. Carr also dominated the AHL more than the Swiss National League so i guess it proves the AHL is not as good as people say it is if it can't even be better than the Swiss National League? Dunno just following your logic there ...

The reason why players don't make the NHL is not always a lack of skills. Many guys who did not make the NHL where more skilled than guys actually playing in the NHL. And those guys will thrive in Europe playing on bigger ice and in less physical leagues where you don't have to fight imbecile like Lucic. A guy like Nigel Dawes was a pretty good hockey player who simply did not have the intangibles to play at the NHL level but he was a very skilled hockey player.

Last edited:

Whitesnake

Jan 5, 2003
Ty Rattie has 30 points in 99 NHL games most of them played on a 4th line. That's some pretty good offensive numbers for a guy who played on average 11 minutes a game. It's better than lot of guys actually playing in the NHL. His problem was not offense.

Same for Carr he was a pretty decent player who was too weak physically for the NHL. Carr also dominated the AHL more than the Swiss National League so i guess it proves the AHL is not as good as people say it is if it can't even be better than the Swiss National League? Dunno just following your logic there ...

The reason why players don't make the NHL is not always a lack of skills. Many guys who did not make the NHL where more skilled than guys actually playing in the NHL. And those guys will thrive in Europe playing on bigger ice and in less physical leagues where you don't have to fight imbecile like Lucic. A guy like Nigel Dawes was a pretty good hockey player who simply did not have the intangibles to play at the NHL level but he was a very skilled hockey player.
If Rattie would have been able to do more, he would have. Why in the world would a team leave a player on a 4th line if he can do more? Why isn't there 31 other teams who can't see that and acquire him and give him that kinda of shot. Same with Carr. As far as your point about the AHL....not sure I follow your logic..AHL isn't suppose to be the top league in North American. The others are.

Sorry, but very skilled hockey players make it. It's not because a guy was very skilled in juniors that he deserves the tag of a very skilled hockeky player. Sure, he deserved the tag of very skilled junior player.....but the NHL, the top league was too much for him.

And talking about logic....makes no sense to talk about Lucic here. Do you want me to list the names of REAL very skliled hockey players that are succeeding in the NHL even when Lucic and others are there? Come on now....

In essence, it's a question of evaluation. People had put Mattias Norlinder in our top 4 because of his his European highlight reels. He has all the trouble in the world to make a name out of himself in the AHL.

Yeah, quite a few players who end up in Europe are going 'cause the best they can do is in the AHL. And they are paid more in Europe.

Real hockey isn't what Europe is showing. We'saw Tier 2 Swiss league this week....a all-star game without stars...no contact.....a whole lot of finess skating without being touched....yeah, some players will do well there. Sad that this is not what real hockey is all about.

I hope people are patient with Reinbacher. He,s about to discover what hockey really is. But he does have the talent to do so.

Last edited:

bcv

My french sucks.
Sep 18, 2010
White makes 500k in the AHL vs 775k in the NHL.

Agent from Quartexx takes home ~15% of that.

Might not be a lot of money for an NHL player, but a significant difference in pay for an agent, even if only for a third of the season.

Who knows, maybe his favors to his friends will help us down the line, it is insignificant to our season as I said.
More like 3-5%, so the difference between AHL vs NHL is about 11k in revenue for Quartexx. I'm sure Hughes spent hundreds of thousands of dollars of his new boss' money just so his old friends could split 11k (minus expenses).

Or, maybe the Habs needed a jersey filler that played C and he was put on waivers at the right time.

Who knows.

Reactions: xX SEYF Xx

Whitesnake

Jan 5, 2003
More like 3-5%, so the difference between AHL vs NHL is about 11k in revenue for Quartexx. I'm sure Hughes spent hundreds of thousands of dollars of his new boss' money just so his old friends could split 11k (minus expenses).

Or, maybe the Habs needed a jersey filler that played C and he was put on waivers at the right time.

Who knows.
That's what he was, is and will ever will be. A jersey filler. Did people think he was ever more than that? Obviously, I would have taken my chances on other jersey fillers than this guy but hey...whatever.

LaP

Jun 27, 2012
Quebec City, Canada
Makes me miss the time we picked up Dwight King, at least we never gave up a mid round pick. His play is about as vanilla as his name
We actually did give a conditional 3rd round pick for King. The condition was to win two rounds i think. Had we went to the semis it would have been a 3rd round pick.

Egresch

Jul 10, 2022
Real hockey isn't what Europe is showing. We'saw Tier 2 Swiss league this week....a all-star game without stars...no contact.....a whole lot of finess skating without being touched....yeah, some players will do well there. Sad that this is not what real hockey is all about.
I guess you lack a lot of information. Tier 2 Swiis league quality is below ECHL and there are at least 8 better leagues in Europe. That is 120 teams.
Rinks in Europe are bigger therefore there is way less physical contact in the game.

Whitesnake

Jan 5, 2003
I guess you lack a lot of information. Tier 2 Swiis league quality is below ECHL and there are at least 8 better leagues in Europe. That is 120 teams.
Rinks in Europe are bigger therefore there is way less physical contact in the game.
If you had a clue, you would have seen that I also talked about the top end leagues in Europe. Yeah, rinks are bigger...no shit. It makes less physical contact? Wow really? Didn't know. Which still proves the point that every single pro league in Europe is WAY below the NHL. And that everytime even for kids we like to analyze anybody's play based on any leagues in Europe, it needs to be put in super context.

Bobby Holik agent

erudite free agency sci-fi
Oct 17, 2002
40-1a.jpg

Dear tank commander, i salute you!
Heck of a claim.

Boss Man Hughes

Mar 15, 2022
That's what he was, is and will ever will be. A jersey filler. Did people think he was ever more than that? Obviously, I would have taken my chances on other jersey fillers than this guy but hey...whatever.
Excpet that he was put on waivers at the time Habs needed a centre to finish the season. And he is an expiring contract.

Habs13

Dec 30, 2004
Montreal
Can't waive them all, and that's basically what the Habs have to d with their bottom 6 players...
I know, I know... at least Pearson and White are off the books come July 1st. Hopefully there are a trades that can be made over the summer too. I think we'll have a much different team to start the next season with.

Habs13

Dec 30, 2004
Montreal
How was the game last night? I fell asleep when this guy hit the ice.

Pushed around, out played, out worked... the usual. I think I saw Anderson throw a hit!?! Can't confirm. Without Guhle and Xhekaj, there were lots of errors. Barron looked good in his return. Monty gave up at least two softies, Primeau looked good. Top line was good. The rest... lets not waste space typing about them.

Reactions: Naslundforever

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad