Status
Not open for further replies.

SM

Public Enemy #1
Oct 1, 2015
MB
Rossi 2.14 ppg
Perfetti 1.82 ppg
Same league. Perfetti is 2(ish) inches taller, maybe a few lbs lighter. Both could improve their skating. Both have exceptional HIQs.
For context Laf scored 2.15 ppg playing in the Q.
Important to consider who the next top-scoring player on each team was. Saginaw's next top point producer had 80 (vs. Perfetti's 111); 67's and Rossi (120 points) had Quinn scoring 52+37 and Gareffa scoring 36+54.

If Perfetti played on a line with someone who could score 52 goals in a season.... :sarcasm:

Mortimer Snerd

You kids get off my lawn!
Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014
so would you have taken Rossi?

If he had still been there, yes. I would have taken Rossi 3rd or 4th, if it was up to me. I started getting excited before Buffalo's pick when I realized who was left. I hoped Buff or Minny would take the goalie. :laugh: But I am no expert on these kids. I'm not one who watches draft eligible kids play. I integrate a few stats and a lot of other peoples opinions.

surixon

Jul 12, 2003
Winnipeg
Here are the guy's who have had a higher points per game in the OHL in their 17 year old season than Perfetti since 2005:

Connor McDavid
Patrick Kane
Sam Gagner
Marco Rossi
Mitchell Marner
Dylan Strome
Matthew Tkachuk
Taylor Hall
John Tavares
[TBODY] [/TBODY]
Maybe he's a Gagner but its much more fun to be an optimist. :D

Well Gagner rode shot gun to that Mr Kane whereas Perfetti lead his team in scoring by 31 points. Also it was Rossi and Kane's 18 year old seasons so they shouldn't be on the list.

Reactions: Gil Fisher

Aggie204

Expect the worst, you’ll never be disappointed.
Sep 11, 2015
East St Paul, MB
Gonna be fun watching Maurice turn this kid into a 3rd line LW grinder
tenor.gif

DudeWhereIsMakar

Bergevin sent me an offer sheet
Apr 25, 2014
Winnipeg
That's just a matter of internet speed. I thought you were suggesting picks we're leaked, as in someone got hold of Bobbie Mac's data.

I think the picks were made yesterday, I don't know if they had someone camping outside their house last night with the jerseys/hats that they put on at home with pure knowledge that the team took them. That, or they received a box in the mail saying they can't open it until tomorrow. But when AL11 got his jersey it looked ready to go.

Reactions: hn777

Gabe Kupari

Jul 11, 2013
Winter is Coming
I think the picks were made yesterday, I don't know if they had someone camping outside their house last night with the jerseys/hats that they put on at home with pure knowledge that the team took them. That, or they received a box in the mail saying they can't open it until tomorrow. But when AL11 got his jersey it looked ready to go.

They sent hats and jerseys to every player.

Rheged

JMFT
Feb 19, 2010
Winnipeg
Well Gagner rode shot gun to that Mr Kane whereas Perfetti lead his team in scoring by 31 points. Also it was Rossi and Kane's 18 year old seasons so they shouldn't be on the list.
Perfetti is an older eligible as well but all of these guys were pretty old for their class other than Gagner and Marner.

Mortimer Snerd

You kids get off my lawn!
Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014
I imagine he knows he has to work in that. He'll never be Barzal but if he can improve he will be more the fine.

Hopefully this pause has given him an opportunity to really work on it.

He needs to work on skating a bit. Then he still won't be Barzal, but Barzal won't be Perfetti either.
Look at the records of the 2 to their draft years. Perfetti doesn't take a back seat. Barzal didn't really explode until D+2 ..... in the NHL.

lanky

Feeling Spicy
Jun 23, 2007
Winnipeg
I'm sure each player had multiple jerseys sitting nearby. It doesn't cost the league/team much to ship a jersey to a kid they might pick.

Reactions: Mortimer Snerd

surixon

Jul 12, 2003
Winnipeg
He needs to work on skating a bit. Then he still won't be Barzal, but Barzal won't be Perfetti either.
Look at the records of the 2 to their draft years. Perfetti doesn't take a back seat. Barzal didn't really explode until D+2 ..... in the NHL.

I was only comparing skating. Perfetti is on another level in terms of being able to read the game.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad