Prospect Info: Cole Perfetti, 10th Overall Pick

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mortimer Snerd

You kids get off my lawn!
Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014
So uhh can he play C?

That may be the big question. At least, at 5'11, he is a little taller than some other top C's this year. If he has to play LW, he will be a good one. Maybe Ehlers moves to RW.

Jets drafted for position AND took BPA. So that argument is moot.

I was really hoping Minny would take the goalie and leave us to choose from Rossi, Perfetti and Lundell. I would have gone with Rossi, but we couldn't really lose there. I'm very happy with Perfetti.

Now, I wonder how many years it will be before he is NHL ready?

Reactions: Neuf

Adam da bomb

May 1, 2016
That may be the big question. At least, at 5'11, he is a little taller than some other top C's this year. If he has to play LW, he will be a good one. Maybe Ehlers moves to RW.

Jets drafted for position AND took BPA. So that argument is moot.

I was really hoping Minny would take the goalie and leave us to choose from Rossi, Perfetti and Lundell. I would have gone with Rossi, but we couldn't really lose there. I'm very happy with Perfetti.

Now, I wonder how many years it will be before he is NHL ready?
Is Rossi supposed to be better?

DudeWhereIsMakar

Bergevin sent me an offer sheet
Apr 25, 2014
Winnipeg
Mixed feelings on this pick. I don't know how we're going to use him, but it seems as if Laine is traded he'll take over his role or if Connor/Ehlers are bumped to the first line with Scheifele and Ehlers. I thought he'd be most likely to bust amongst the draft-eligible players taken today, but I hope he really pans out for us and proves me wrong.

But without a doubt, the worst draft by far, not to mention the spoiling of the picks before they're actually taken. I just think a lot of the picks aren't taken by the right teams so far.

Adam da bomb

May 1, 2016
Rossi 2.14 ppg
Perfetti 1.82 ppg
Same league. Perfetti is 2(ish) inches taller, maybe a few lbs lighter. Both could improve their skating. Both have exceptional HIQs.
For context Laf scored 2.15 ppg playing in the Q.
so would you have taken Rossi?

lanky

Feeling Spicy
Jun 23, 2007
Winnipeg
Mixed feelings on this pick. I don't know how we're going to use him, but it seems as if Laine is traded he'll take over his role or if Connor/Ehlers are bumped to the first line with Scheifele and Ehlers. I thought he'd be most likely to bust amongst the draft-eligible players taken today, but I hope he really pans out for us and proves me wrong.

But without a doubt, the worst draft by far, not to mention the spoiling of the picks before they're actually taken. I just think a lot of the picks aren't taken by the right teams so far.
Spoiling?

Reactions: Duke749

Hunter368

RIP lomiller1, see you in the next life buddy.
Nov 8, 2011
Love the pick, surprise he fell to 10th OA. Elite level IQ and offensive skills. Ideally adds 15lbs, improves his skating a little. Very shifty skater in the O zone. Time will tell if he plays C or W. Very happy overall.

Rheged

JMFT
Feb 19, 2010
Winnipeg
Here are the guy's who have had a higher points per game in the OHL in their 17 year old season than Perfetti since 2005:

Connor McDavid
Patrick Kane
Sam Gagner
Marco Rossi
Mitchell Marner
Dylan Strome
Matthew Tkachuk
Taylor Hall
John Tavares
[TBODY] [/TBODY]

Maybe he's a Gagner but its much more fun to be an optimist. :D

Status