Confirmed Trade: [COL/TBL] Ross Colton for 2023 2nd round pick (37OA)

StickShift

In a pickle 🥒
Feb 29, 2004
New York
I like this for Colorado.

Very good complementary players in Tampa sometimes struggle with bigger roles on lesser teams. Going to Colorado he will have a bigger role without being tossed in the deep end.

milehigh11

Mar 4, 2014
Mile High State
How is everyone saying he is better... I dont watch TB but just looking at point totals they are very similar and with Newhook being 5 years younger..... I know there is more to point totals so help me understand

Reactions: MarkovsKnee

Pierce Hawthorne

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2012
Caverns of Draconis
so 9 more points and 4 years older is the difference between getting bent over and a solid deal? Noted.

If it for the picks I like it for all 3 teams

There's way more to the game then points... And Newhook is awful at all the rest of the stuff.

Colton plays physical, he's gritty. And actual Center which Newhook never will be.

Apr 14, 2009
Canada
I was hoping for Colton to the Wings.

Yzerman has been awfully quiet so far....Is he even trying to improve the team?

Detroit Knights

Feb 29, 2012
Probably can't afford to pay him.
I think that is the literal exact reason. They are so hard up against the cap after all those massive signings. I mean the players that signed earned their contracts, but that means great players like Colton are pushed out. If the cap went up to like 85-86, I am sure they could have made something work.

Reactions: Peat

tfong

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 29, 2008
www.instagram.com
How is everyone saying he is better... I dont watch TB but just looking at point totals they are very similar and with Newhook being 5 years younger..... I know there is more to point totals so help me understand

Colton is everything you want in a 3rd line player. Can play c/wing if needed, gritty, has good defensive presence and can score in clutch. Applies insane pressure on puck too.

Avs44

May 16, 2011
That’s all we gave up??? Amazing if so….thrilled with Colton. Especially with Newhook gone for a nice return.

Reactions: AvsFan29

Ad

Upcoming events

• Latvia vs Kazakhstan
    Latvia vs Kazakhstan
    Wagers: 2
    Staked: $265.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Norway vs Denmark
    Norway vs Denmark
    Wagers: 2