Confirmed Trade: [COL/NYR] Alexandar Georgiev for 2022 3rd and 5th round picks, and 2023 3rd round pick

Kane One

Feb 6, 2010
Brooklyn, New NY
I o

I say it’s the opposite. Georgiev plays better when he’s warm. I think he’s a better starter than he is back up. Not that he’s a great starter. But he’s pretty solid. Nothing special though.

Didn’t really like Georgiev though so I’m not upset over this lol
This is what I said.

He would absolutely be worse if he plays once out of every 3 or 4 games is what I said.

CharasLazyWrister

Sep 8, 2008
Northborough, MA
Teams like Pitt made a habit out of trading first round picks yearly to try to bring in proven talent, but I’m not sure I’ve ever seen a team essentially forfeit an entire draft year.

rumrokh

THORBS
Mar 10, 2006
Georgiev looked good a couple years back, but now he looks awkward as hell in net. Dunno if health is an issue or not, but if you can rebuild his confidence or focus, that's a high upside gamble.

JoemAvs

Jul 2, 2011
Not a good summer if you're an Avs fan

I agree. Its not good. Its great.

I don't even dislike this move. I actually much prefer it to many other options (overpaying Kuemper for example).
So I am happy with it.

But Joe just punted basically all the picks aside from 2 1sts we had left for the next 3 drafts on Georgiev.
So it would be nice if he could recoup a midround pick or two for Kuemper (who now officially is gone) or Kadri (basically gone as well).

Trxjw

Retired.
May 8, 2007
Land of no calls..
3 picks for a guy we couldn't qualify is great.

Geo has the talent to be a decent NHL starter, which is all Colorado really needs. The question is whether or not he has the head for it. Could ultimately be a shrewd move for the Avs if he can get his game back.

Reactions: lionsDen

Uncle Scrooge

Hockey Bettor
Nov 14, 2011
Helsinki
I'm learned not to question Sakic... if he thinks this is the best option then i 100% believe him
I know in a perfect world we all want a legitimate starter, however, at the same time I think Sakic is looking at how the team won the cup.

Goaltending certainly wasn't the reason, it was the team in front. So if this is the price to pay to keep the band together, I think it's kind of smart.

But obviously, can't say more until we know how it all shakes out.

Nov 29, 2003
Screw You Blaster
Visit site
Georgiev looked good a couple years back, but now he looks awkward as hell in net. Dunno if health is an issue or not, but if you can rebuild his confidence or focus, that's a high upside gamble.
I think the Avs are hoping like hell that the combination of their goaltending coach and the teams defense is enough to get Georgiev going and to hit his potential. If it works, it'll look brilliant. If it doesn't, they are up the river without a paddle.

Budz

Jan 28, 2013
Ok so, the teams needing a goalie are:
Edm
NJ
Min
Tor
Anyone one else?

Available is:
MAF
Campbell
Kuemper
Husso

Seems like the goalie market is not so dire after all - unless I’m missing something?

AvalancheSpeedsters

Aug 2, 2005
Kamloops, BC
He's a RFA correct ? This could mean Georgiev + resigning Manson (maybe?) as opposed to signing Kuemper and losing Manson. I'll take the Rangers fans opinion on him, but from what I've seen he's not that great of a goalie (not bad but not great) so I guess it's an upgrade for us lol

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad