Confirmed Trade: [COL/NYR] Alexandar Georgiev for 2022 3rd and 5th round picks, and 2023 3rd round pick

Uncle Scrooge

Hockey Bettor
Nov 14, 2011
Helsinki
I won't jump to conclusions until I know how the dominoes fall. Are they looking to flip Francouz and Georgiev is just a younger replacement? We'll see.

I do think he has some untapped potential, but obviously that goalie tandem wouldn't look good.

Marc the Habs Fan

Nov 30, 2002
Longueuil
I won't jump to conclusions until I know how the dominoes fall. Are they looking to flip Francouz and Georgiev is just a younger replacement? We'll see.

I do think he has some untapped potential, but obviously that goalie tandem wouldn't look good.

They signed Francouz to an extension on March 12th, I would be very surprised they suddenly trade him.

Nov 29, 2003
Screw You Blaster
Visit site
Colorado is determined to see how bad of a starter they can win with :sarcasm: . But honestly he'll probably be better than Kuemper in the playoffs and is decently priced and they're great, I think this'll turn out fine.
Sakic must have simmed a lot of season on EA, he knows turning up the difficulty just means your goalies a sieve.

Circus86

Sep 12, 2020
thumbs-up.gif

LokiDog

Get pucks deep. Get pucks to the net. And, uh…
Sep 13, 2018
Dallas
So they're rolling with Georgiev/Francouz? That's a... bold way to defend a cup

My thoughts as well. Obviously, there’s been debate about Georgiev possibly having the upside to be a starter and I do believe he is better when he gets consistent starts, but I doubt he signs for less than 2M and they have Francouz at 2M, so unless they want to tie up 9-10M in net and run 3 goalies (which Georgiev would definitely sulk over) or they plan to move Francouz, does this mean Georgiev is getting a shot as a starter for the defending champs?

JoemAvs

Jul 2, 2011
Jesus Joe.

You better trade Kuemper and Kadris rights for a few picks.

The Avs have basically a 1st in 2023 and a 1st in 2024 and thats it for the next 3 drafts.
The cubbard is also relatively bare. I guess he has to do some magic in UFA for the next 2 years to fill in the holes.

Don't hate it but would have preferred to go after Samsonov (and would have even added a decent prospect or two to get it done.) Much prefer it to overpaying Kuemper, though.

Reactions: GirardSpinorama

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad