Confirmed Signing with Link: [COL] Jack Johnson signs with the Avs (1 year, $750k)

The Kingslayer

Aug 26, 2004
Siem Reap, Cambodia
Also, if Grubauer really said that about the Avs window being last yr and possibly this year hes an idiot. The Avs window is open and is going to remain open so long as Mackinnon, Makar and Rantanen are playing at their best.

teoberto

Mar 13, 2021
Also, if Grubauer really said that about the Avs window being last yr and possibly this year hes an idiot. The Avs window is open and is going to remain open so long as Mackinnon, Makar and Rantanen are playing at their best.
He just tried to justify why he went to Seattle, avoiding the obvious reason ($$$)

Gruyeriev

Shut your five hole
Apr 14, 2021

Last year was our best chance so far but I don’t believe our window is closing. In fact it just opened. If he really said that then he should feel extra bad for letting in that horrible shot from the blue line against Vegas and killing our momentum in that game.

Reactions: Avaholic29

Flying Dego

Apr 30, 2013
Do me a favor Avs fans:

Keep tabs on MacK on the ice with JJ vs without....

I apologize in advance, regardless of the 'it's cheap and short'. I will say good on Jack for scrounging up NHL money his parents were awful. The Pens certainly helped his gofundme.

KrisLetAngry

MrJukeBoy
Dec 20, 2013
Saskatchewan
If he is your #7 defensemen and on league minimum and when he has to play. Plays like 14 minutes. This is fine.

A regular roster player it will be ugly.

Looked horrible on the Rangers.

Was horrible for the Penguins.

The Montreal Canadians scored 5/9 goals when he was on the ice. He played limited minutes.

Guy is a liability.

Jerkbait

Dec 12, 2019
If he is your #7 defensemen and on league minimum and when he has to play. Plays like 14 minutes. This is fine.

A regular roster player it will be ugly.

Looked horrible on the Rangers.

Was horrible for the Penguins.

The Montreal Canadians scored 5/9 goals when he was on the ice. He played limited minutes.

Guy is a liability.
Thats not really fair about the Montreal series. Remember who his D partner was ? He is no longer a member of the pens and his own GM was on record calling out his game. JJ was not the worst pens D in that series and often was the only penguin D to show any kind of physical play

KrisLetAngry

MrJukeBoy
Dec 20, 2013
Saskatchewan
Thats not really fair about the Montreal series. Remember who his D partner was ? He is no longer a member of the pens and his own GM was on record calling out his game. JJ was not the worst pens D in that series and often was the only penguin D to show any kind of physical play

Yes I remember his D partner. You are right they both sucked.

However guess what that player did not follow him to the Rangers and he still sucked.

Jerkbait

Dec 12, 2019
Yes I remember his D partner. You are right they both sucked.

However guess what that player did not follow him to the Rangers and he still sucked.
Meh...he wasn't great or even good but he doesn't have to be. With the right partner he can be serviceable.

nightonthesun

Sep 8, 2013
New Jersey
Can't see this turning into a Nemeth situation unless injuries get ridiculous. And if that happens... What're ya gonna do

I was gonna say much the same. Can't tell if it's just a smug prediction or a case of saving face or what. Hope the Avs torch him.

Last edited:

Telos

In Gavrikov We Must Trust
Aug 16, 2008
Reno, NV
It's all fun and games until the fanbase is blaming him for 3 goals against in a playoff game :P But good on him for getting that sick goal today!

GermanSpitfire

EU Video Scout for McKeen’s
Jul 20, 2020
www.mckeenshockey.com
This is so dumb - guy plays one game and scores a single goal. BOOM! “IN YOUR FACE , GUY SCORE GOAL!”

Reminds me of when Kotkaniemi scored a goal in the playoffs and some Montreal fans came back to a trade thread and started saying hes “untouchable”….. We all know how that worked out… late first and a third!!!

JoemAvs

Jul 2, 2011
This is so dumb - guy plays one game and scores a single goal. BOOM! “IN YOUR FACE , GUY SCORE GOAL!”

Reminds me of when Kotkaniemi scored a goal in the playoffs and some Montreal fans came back to a trade thread and started saying hes “untouchable”….. We all know how that worked out… late first and a third!!!

I mean he is on a 1year 750k deal.
If he has a few more performances like this in the regular season in him and scores a few more of these goals, he will have been well worth it.
He is not supposed to even be a regular in our lineup once Toews returns.
And you certainly could have worse 7th-8th Dmen or worse injury fill-ins than JJ I would say.

Cousin Eddie

You Serious Clark?
Nov 3, 2006

Yeah because everybody is super serious about their “JJ is elite” comments.

bleedgreen

Dec 8, 2003
colorado
Visit site
He's perfect for how he will be used. I've always actually loved the guy and never understood the base line hate for him so it'll be fun to watch him this year play for a great team. I can see him fitting in well with the group and it's hardly a big deal if he doesnt work out.

Gurglesons

Dec 18, 2009
San Diego, CA
last-train-tocool.blogspot.com
He's perfect for how he will be used. I've always actually loved the guy and never understood the base line hate for him so it'll be fun to watch him this year play for a great team. I can see him fitting in well with the group and it's hardly a big deal if he doesnt work out.

Man, I can not wait for your take here in a couple of months.

Reactions: Son Goku

Islay1989

Feb 24, 2020
I've been based near LA for 20 years and I'm a huge USA hockey guy.
And? Is that some sort of guarantee you watched him on the Kings? Should we take your word as gospel while you sarcastically dismiss others for their claims?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad