Confirmed Signing with Link: [COL] Jack Johnson signs with the Avs (1 year, $750k)

Telos

In Gavrikov We Must Trust
Aug 16, 2008
Reno, NV
mx.gif

But in all seriousness, good for Jack in the sense that I hope he can hang on as long as he can in the show to earn back a little more of what his parents did to him... Although, I find it surprising every time that a team believes they can cover for his glaring flaws.

Dumais

It's All In The Reflexes
Jul 24, 2013
Good signing @ 750k. Great locker room guy and has a ton of experience.

HockeyVirus

Woll stan.
Nov 15, 2020
Colorado fans are optimistic now. Over /under on 15.5 games before they want to launch him into the usn?

LASTAR

Mar 9, 2004
Is Grubauer correct? Has the Avs window passed them by? On paper, they seem noticeably thinner, and worse to me, this signing included.

JoeSakic13

May 30, 2013
San Francisco
Is Grubauer correct? Has the Avs window passed them by? On paper, they seem noticeably thinner, and worse to me, this signing included.

I didn’t see that quote, but if he did say that I’m sure it’s quantifying why he jumped ship. I mean the guy left a squad with MacKinnon and Makar for a squad with Wennberg and Giordano. Not that the latter two are bad players, but it’s hard to argue which two are stronger.

No the window is not closed. Not in the slightest.

SML2

Jan 1, 2018
My sources tell me Jack Johnson can hack into the browser history of all NHL GMs and because of that will continue to receive 1 yr deals even though he has the skill of an ECHL defenseman.

RebuildinVan

Jun 25, 2017
Has JJ taken over Tanner Glass's position in the league as the guy who's always up there in discussions about the worst player in the league who still, inexplicably, keeps getting signed to new contracts?
And Gudbranson makes it a three horse race

HockeyVirus

Woll stan.
Nov 15, 2020

Windows are hard to judge, and by no means is their window closed. But in the NHL you don't have more than a few seasons as arguably the leagues best team before players decline, holes open up and cap space is an issue. This is the start of that process. All competitive teams slowly bleed depth first, then lose key players and have holes in their lineup until it becomes too much to overcome.

Personally, not sold on their depth or goaltending this season. We'll see but I don't think they miss the playoffs and once there they can win it all like any other team.

Reactions: LASTAR

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad