Confirmed Signing with Link: [COL] Jack Johnson signs with the Avs (1 year, $750k)

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
Has JJ taken over Tanner Glass's position in the league as the guy who's always up there in discussions about the worst player in the league who still, inexplicably, keeps getting signed to new contracts?

Nate Thompson would like a word

LASTAR

Mar 9, 2004
I didn’t see that quote, but if he did say that I’m sure it’s quantifying why he jumped ship. I mean the guy left a squad with MacKinnon and Makar for a squad with Wennberg and Giordano. Not that the latter two are bad players, but it’s hard to argue which two are stronger.

No the window is not closed. Not in the slightest.

The quote "I think their window was last year, maybe this year too" - from the latest issue of The Hockey News - Kraken the Whip (story).

They are the favorite (maybe with Tampa) to win it all right now. It seemed to me like the coach threw the team under the bus each of the last 2 playoffs before they exited. It could be as simple as changing that pattern for this really talented club. I don't think they have the depth to complete the job in the playoffs, but time will tell.

GeeoffBrown

Jul 6, 2007
It's weird that Jack Johnson is 750k and Erik Gudbranson is $2million. To me these are very similar players...

Reactions: Avsboy

Sidney the Kidney

One last time
Jun 29, 2009
I honestly don't know why he keeps getting a job. He's not *as bad* as some people make him out to be (you'd think he couldn't even skate two strides without falling over based on some opinions of him), but he's also a fringe #6/7 who just takes up a spot that a player with more upside/less warts could take.

Reactions: Gurglesons

Mac Attack

Beefy Legs
Aug 15, 2018
I honestly don't know why he keeps getting a job. He's not *as bad* as some people make him out to be (you'd think he couldn't even skate two strides without falling over based on some opinions of him), but he's also a fringe #6/7 who just takes up a spot that a player with more upside/less warts could take.
We don't have anyone ready to take spot. That's why he is injury insurance. Bad AHL depth options for Av's D this year.

Sempiternal

Jul 5, 2014
Remember the draft hype for Erik and Jack? Career NHLers which is better than average, but they definitely didn't live up to anything special.

Super Hans

Stats Evangelist
Oct 9, 2016
He's gonna play a lot more than people here are expecting. Seeing how they handled their D lineup in the VGK series, I can see them being stubborn with keeping the vet in the lineup.

ICanMotteBelieveIt

Jan 11, 2013
Out of pity due to what his parents did. And he used to be good, that usually matters for some reason, name recognition.

Reactions: DingDongCharlie

AnimalMother73

Sep 17, 2009
Nothing wrong with him at 750k to be the 7th/8th defender
Avs need someone who can approximate what EJ brings if he goes down w/ injury. JJ is nowhere near EJ’s skill level but he is big and physical. The Avs options otherwise are too green or not good enough.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Czechia vs Switzerland
    Gold Medal Czechia vs Switzerland
    Wagers: 5
    Staked: $4,850.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Empoli vs AS Roma
    Empoli vs AS Roma
    Wagers: 2
    Staked: $45.00