Waived: Cody Franson on waivers (clears)

12ozPapa

Make space for The Papa
Feb 13, 2012
Interesting to hear from CHI fans. I wonder if he still gets claimed just from name recognition and veteran presence. Will be interesting to see what happens.

howkie

Dec 13, 2014
remember, this guy turned down a 5x5 contract or something from the Leafs. best contract they never written :D

nbwingsfan

Dec 13, 2009
I remember a select few Leafs fans telling me he was a top pairing D when he was on the Leafs....

The guy was pure offense and wasn't even doing that thus season. Likely done as an NHL player.

JaegerDice

The mark of my dignity shall scar thy DNA
Dec 26, 2014
I definitely see Franson being claimed here. He hasn't been bad statistically this year, 7 points in 23 games isn't bad and he has kick ass possession stats. He'll definitely get claimed by a team with a weak bottom pair or a team that needs powerplay help.

Yeah, he can definitely help a team. He wasn't bad, he just wasn't good enough to secure that final RD spot on our team.

In a perfect world, he would have been used to spell Seabrook games here and there, but god forbid Q ever scratch Seabrook.

Sidney the Kidney

One last time
Jun 29, 2009
I definitely see Franson being claimed here. He hasn't been bad statistically this year, 7 points in 23 games isn't bad and he has kick ass possession stats. He'll definitely get claimed by a team with a weak bottom pair or a team that needs powerplay help.

That's the problem with Franson. His possession stats always seem to fool people into thinking he's good, but there's a reason teams give up on him.

Reactions: Raccoon Jesus

SHANNYPLAN

Nov 24, 2016
I'd pick him up, he played pretty well with Jake Gardiner if I remember correctly

Rielly - Hainsey
Dermott - Zaitsev
Gardiner - Franson

Territory

Jan 31, 2014
Toronto
I'd pick him up, he played pretty well with Jake Gardiner if I remember correctly

Rielly - Hainsey
Dermott - Zaitsev
Gardiner - Franson

Problem is Zaitsev is out for a while and Polak isn't coming out of the lineup unless its for a guy who PK's.

ek93

Dec 28, 2014
New York
I'd be surprised if he isn't claimed. He's not good, but he's a serviceable #6 and gets pucks to the net on the PP.

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
IF he clears, I could see CHI/TOR swapping Franson and Marincin.

Fig

Absolute Horse Shirt
Dec 15, 2014
Dang, I remember chatting this past off season about how he and Stone and Russell should be decent 5D who can sorta play into the top 4 for short periods of time.

Is he seriously bad enough that he isn't worth a roster spot on the bottom pairing for other teams? I feel like he should end up being claimed and not increasing his value by clearing.

SherVaughn30

Jan 12, 2010
Los Angeles
Forget that corsi crap stats or whatever other stats. He's a d-man with regular season and playoff experience. If your team needs some depth, Franson might be able to provide it.

icekoob

4th Liner
May 16, 2010
VALPO/chicago
Not bad... just no room for him. Hope he clears and is used as part of a package at a later date.

Also Hawks made a perplexing move putting Hayden down to AHL.. maybe Franson is a possible part of the package if he clears?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad