Player Discussion Chris Kreider Part II: Manimal

Status
Not open for further replies.

member 116805

He has definetly had a breakout season this year, but i feel like his effort and work ethic still needs some work. Too many instances where he stops skating still.
Hope he has a great post season, and comes back Next season on an even higher level, im am positive we havnt seen him hit his potential just yet

Leonardo87

New York Rangers, Anaheim Ducks, and TMNT fan.
Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
Prorated to 82 games:

31g 27a 58p

There's the 30/30 season people have been saying he's capable of getting.

I don't think there is a single person who is upset with Kreider's overall game this year. Yeah I mean nothing is perfect but he is starting to become that player everyone was hoping. Anyway, 3 games left, still hoping he hits 30 goals.

JimmyG89

May 1, 2010
He's been a monster this season. To put things into perspective:

Goals per game: 25th in the NHL, tied with Panarin and Simmonds.

Even Strength goals: 20th in the NHL, tied with Atkinson and Malkin.

He also has not inflated his goal total by pounding the empty net. None have gone in this way. Conversely, Grabner has 4. He's our biggest goal scorer. His net front has been very good.

We might have our own, less fiesty, but physically demanding Simmonds.

Something I would be interested in him doing at this point in his career: Killing penalties. I think he could be good at it.

Crease

Chief Justice of the HFNYR Court
Jul 12, 2004
Last Rangers draft pick to hit 30 with the Rangers . . . hockey legend Petr Prucha. Before that Tony Amonte. Callahan had 29 one year.

True Blue

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
Last Rangers draft pick to hit 30 with the Rangers . . . hockey legend Petr Prucha. Before that Tony Amonte. Callahan had 29 one year.
Power forwards take longer to develop. It is amazing to me just what failures the Rangers have been at developing their own player like this. And then I think to last year when half of this board was screaming that he has already peaked and it was time to trade him. No one is untradeable, but there is no need to trade away players like him, Miller or Hayes. As the this franchise has shown, they simply do not grow on trees.

Mac n Gs

Gorton plz
Jan 17, 2014

I keep bringing it up because it always amazes me, but no Sather-drafted forward has broken 60 points yet. Let's hope JT, Kreider, or Stepan changes that.

GordonGecko

First Ping Pong Ball
Oct 28, 2010
New York City
Power forwards take longer to develop. It is amazing to me just what failures the Rangers have been at developing their own player like this. And then I think to last year when half of this board was screaming that he has already peaked and it was time to trade him.

well lets not forget Kreider's big thing this year was intensive work with a sports psychologist in the off-season. I think Stepan, Nash, and hell half the team would be wise to get a referral

Leonardo87

Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
well lets not forget Kreider's big thing this year was intensive work with a sports psychologist in the off-season. I think Stepan, Nash, and hell half the team would be wise to get a referral

LOL, yeah his attitude seems so much better, not taking as many of those stupid penalties. He just seems more confident and if he did not get hurt earlier this season, think he would be looking at 60 points.

Larrybiv

We're CLEAN, we PROMISE!
May 14, 2013
South Florida
He has definetly had a breakout season this year, but i feel like his effort and work ethic still needs some work. Too many instances where he stops skating still.
Hope he has a great post season, and comes back Next season on an even higher level, im am positive we havnt seen him hit his potential just yet
I think we have witnessed his potential, becoming more consistent and proficient at his craft (eg: what he does well) is what he should evaluate during off season. And think he will.
He's been a monster this season. To put things into perspective:

Goals per game: 25th in the NHL, tied with Panarin and Simmonds.

Even Strength goals: 20th in the NHL, tied with Atkinson and Malkin.

He also has not inflated his goal total by pounding the empty net. None have gone in this way. Conversely, Grabner has 4. He's our biggest goal scorer. His net front has been very good.

We might have our own, less fiesty, but physically demanding Simmonds.

Something I would be interested in him doing at this point in his career: Killing penalties. I think he could be good at it.

Very interesting and never though about that possibility. Especially if we lose Grabner, we could use him in that regard. Could make him a better all around player in the way that Nash has become. Just wonder if that could become a negative though as Nash is not quite the offensive powerhouse he once was. Wonder if that didn't help Nash become less effective offensively because of the energy used playing better defense.

Power forwards take longer to develop. It is amazing to me just what failures the Rangers have been at developing their own player like this. And then I think to last year when half of this board was screaming that he has already peaked and it was time to trade him. No one is untradeable, but there is no need to trade away players like him, Miller or Hayes. As the this franchise has shown, they simply do not grow on trees.
They don't ordinarily, but when we are lucky enough to get a player that develops into a good player.....U simply don't get rid of them and allow them to really blossom for another team. Keep him and reap the benefits on what you have sewn.
Good call. He did and obviously has helped him in ways we will never know. Most of the credit though should be directed towards Kreids though, as his hard work and determination into becoming that better player, is evident. Good for him, good for us. Now refer a friend.

True Blue

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
They don't ordinarily, but when we are lucky enough to get a player that develops into a good player.....U simply don't get rid of them and allow them to really blossom for another team. Keep him and reap the benefits on what you have sewn.
I agree that he should be kept. I will say that there is currently an amber alert out for him.

Fugazy

Brick by Brick
Jun 1, 2014
New York
Kreider will likely be a key player in the upcoming series against Ottawa. He needs to utilize his speed to try and maneuver past the inevitable trap system the Sens will throw at them.

Leonardo87

Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
He needs to wake up. I have been one of his biggest supporters here, but the spurts of the old CK we are seeing are just not good enough. He needs to be more aggressive and better. Take notes from Nash crashing the net. Am I wrong?

Fugazy

Brick by Brick
Jun 1, 2014
New York
He needs to wake up. I have been one of his biggest supporters here, but the spurts of the old CK we are seeing are just not good enough. He needs to be more aggressive and better. Take notes from Nash crashing the net. Am I wrong?

You're not wrong. Kreider needs to focus on crashing the net at full speed. That's his game and he excels best in that role.

Irishguy42

Mr. Preachy
Sep 11, 2015
NJ
Our goal last night was possible because Kreider stuck his butt in Anderson's face. So at least that's something.

Filthy Dangles

Registered User*
Oct 23, 2014
Kreider will likely be a key player in the upcoming series against Ottawa. He needs to utilize his speed to try and maneuver past the inevitable trap system the Sens will throw at them.

Kreider isn't a good puck carrier. He's a pure north-south player and he slows down when the puck is on his stick.

He needs to retrieve pucks on the forecheck and help create offense from their goal line out. Thats how you beat the sens.
Their end-zone play is below average.

He wont be getting behind their defense with the puck on his stick like he did against the Kings in 2014. Kings were a possession team who tried keeping pucks in the zone and thus he could get behind their defense.

Leonardo87

Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
You're not wrong. Kreider needs to focus on crashing the net at full speed. That's his game and he excels best in that role.

Not sure if he is hurt. I mean the Montreal series is over, and Ottawa could care less about him now except just defending against him.

Our goal last night was possible because Kreider stuck his butt in Anderson's face. So at least that's something.

Yeah like I said, we see spurts of the old CK, but he is capable of really causing hell around the crease.

xsniper11x

Jul 12, 2002
Visit site
I just get this feeling its going to come down to one of Hayes, Miller or Kreider. All three will eventually be a luxury we can't afford given our need for D, and none have proven consistent enough to be untouchable. Just a matter of which one it is.

LeetchisGod

This is a bad hockey team.
May 21, 2009
Washington, DC
I just get this feeling its going to come down to one of Hayes, Miller or Kreider. All three will eventually be a luxury we can't afford given our need for D, and none have proven consistent enough to be untouchable. Just a matter of which one it is.

No brainer for me. Hayes is who I would deal. Miller and Kreider have more versatility to their games. Hayes can't skate, isn't physical at all and is pretty bad defensively.

True Blue

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
My misgivings with the three not withstanding, I would not want to trade any of them. Especially not Krieder or miller. No one is untradeable, but the value would really need to bowl over. And despite his performance, I am not ready to trade away Hayes. All three are not yet a finished product.

Bluenote13

Believe In Henke
Feb 28, 2002
BKLYN, NYC
So frustrating, too much up and down and not enough element of surprise.

Good play on the PP with the screen, but needs to do more with his ice time. He and Zucc have great chemistry, they need to trust those instincts more. Use the force Luke, LET GO. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad