Player Discussion Chris Kreider Part II: Manimal

Status
Not open for further replies.

Inferno

Nov 27, 2005
Atlanta, GA
I'd keep all 3of Hayes Miller and Kreider....is look to trade guys like zucc and Nash...buyouts..etc to improve the defense

True Blue

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
So frustrating, too much up and down and not enough element of surprise.

Good play on the PP with the screen, but needs to do more with his ice time. He and Zucc have great chemistry, they need to trust those instincts more. Use the force Luke, LET GO. :D
Or at the very least go straight forward with purpose. So much speed, so much size.....so much invisibility

RiceCooker

"We Got Some Looks"
Mar 6, 2007
Home !!
No more excuses for players like Kreider, Miller and Hayes, their play and effort in the playoffs can only be summed up as "Pathetic".
Maybe they're just not as good as we think they are and don't have what it takes to shift gears in the post season.

True Blue

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
No more excuses for players like Kreider, Miller and Hayes, their play and effort in the playoffs can only be summed up as "Pathetic".
Maybe they're just not as good as we think they are and don't have what it takes to shift gears in the post season.
That is actually not true. At least in Krieder's case, his post season record was pretty good up until 2017. At least so far. Miller does need to learn what it takes to score in the playoffs. And Hayes also needs to raise his level.

silverfish

got perma'd
Jun 24, 2008
under the bridge
Make sure Hayes, Miller and Stepan are dialed into that call too.

Conference call? It's after 5 on a Friday!

7dedbd1e6f17c89240d026731cf79b2b.jpg

Machinehead

GoAwayKakko
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
15 points in 24 games in 13-14 and 12 points in 19 games in 14-15.

That's 51 points over 82 games.

If that's the production you're getting from your top center in the Stanley Cup playoffs, have fun teeing off.

And it's below his regular season averages.

trilobyte

NYR Fan In the Foothills
Dec 9, 2008
Calgary, Alberta
I would shop Hayes and get best return. Get rid of him.
Keep Kreider and see if he can become a complete player. He was a very good player in the regular season but has to get better.
Keep Zucarello if at all possible. Great idea saying trade him if the piece coming over is good but keep in mind what you would be losing.
Keep Miller, I have a feeling patience will be rewarded.

Last edited:

Zil

Shrug
Feb 9, 2006
That's 51 points over 82 games.

If that's the production you're getting from your top center in the Stanley Cup playoffs, have fun teeing off.

And it's below his regular season averages.

The goalposts. They move. You asked when was he not garbage, not when was he prime Sergei Fedorov.

LeetchisGod

This is a bad hockey team.
May 21, 2009
Washington, DC
Kreider is apparently a really smart guy off the ice and the complete opposite on the ice. He might have the worst mental game in the NHL.

Revel

Dark Sky Enthusiast
Oct 20, 2015
Dunning–Krugerville
Kreider is apparently a really smart guy off the ice and the complete opposite on the ice. He might have the worst mental game in the NHL.

They say Einstein was very awkward, lacked common sense, and had trouble with situations like handing a token to the driver on a public bus...yet he could get lost in thought and dream up Relativity Theory. Kreider is probably similar...too smart for the game and thinks on a much deeper level. Hockey is too simple for him to process. :sarcasm:

Igor Shestyorkin

#26, the sickest of 'em all.
Apr 17, 2015
Moscow, RUS
Kreider is probably just more book smart than hockey smart. He lacks hockey IQ.

If Wayne Gretzky couldn't do 1 + 1, I couldn't care less. He played hockey and was amazingly smart as a hockey player.

Ori

#Connor Bedard 2023 1st, Chicago Blackhawks
Nov 7, 2014
Norway
They say Einstein was very awkward, lacked common sense, and had trouble with situations like handing a token to the driver on a public bus...yet he could get lost in thought and dream up Relativity Theory. Kreider is probably similar...too smart for the game and thinks on a much deeper level. Hockey is too simple for him to process. :sarcasm:

A good analogy @Revel - yeah, but both Kreider and Stepan usually produce in playoffs, but I`m glad I`m not the coach here. I would lose my mind and put all the players jobs at stake here, and tell them they should not be too comfortable over the summer.
It seems to me recently that Glass is one of the few players who play with passion - he plays for a job next year - and too many looks like their mindset is so far off that they think about vacation - where to travel in the summer, and not how to be successful in playoffs and finish simple plays!

Inferno

Nov 27, 2005
Atlanta, GA
Heh..so many assumptions to players mental state simply ...because....no evidence to back it up...Kreider used to be our big game player...now he's mentally soft...heh

LeetchisGod

This is a bad hockey team.
May 21, 2009
Washington, DC
Heh..so many assumptions to players mental state simply ...because....no evidence to back it up...Kreider used to be our big game player...now he's mentally soft...heh

It's completely obvious to everyone that Kreider needs to play a North-South physical game to be effective. He should be using his speed to back off defenders and taking the puck to the net with authority. For some reason he still refuses to do it with any consistency. He seems to think he's Patrick Kane and wants to stickhandle and make plays. What is your explanation for this?

Last edited:

Leonardo87

New York Rangers, Anaheim Ducks, and TMNT fan.
Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
Doing all I can bumped this thread up yesterday and wearing a Kreider T-shirt. It's now in CK's hands. Lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->