Recalled/Assigned: *** Chris Gibson,JHS & MDC emergency recalled

crasherino

May 9, 2013
That’s not good news regarding the call-up of Gibson. I love Greiss but I truly don’t believe in him fully as a number one as much as I do Lehner.
Right now, it just means that he's not playing tomorrow night....which Greiss probably would have had anyway. Good chance Greiss has the next three games (Thurs/Sat/Mon) and then we'll see where we are. Hopefully its not a concussion.

Words Of Wisdom

Truth Speaker
Oct 20, 2011
Long Island.
Right now, it just means that he's not playing tomorrow night....which Greiss probably would have had anyway. Good chance Greiss has the next three games (Thurs/Sat/Mon) and then we'll see where we are. Hopefully its not a concussion.
I’m hopeful that’s the case. Don’t get me wrong, I really like Greiss. But, he’s the perfect number two. Ideal number two. Lehner is a number one and I personally have more faith in him down the stretch and eventually the playoffs if it comes to that. Let’s hope it isn’t serious.

MJF

Hope is not a strategy
Sep 6, 2003
NYC
Greiss starting a 3rd game? :eek2:

Rehabguy

Always open minded
Oct 2, 2011
Nice article a out MDC and JHS on LHH...

How the Kids Make the Islanders Better
This is a good article and it elaborates on what many of us anecdotally observed. The team is better when the kids are playing. They bring urgency, energy, and Ho Sang in particular brings a skill set that is sorely missing in this line-up. They can't count on Casey Cizikas to provide this team's offense while the top 3 lines are not producing. Something has got to give and JHS should be replacing somebody. Maybe Flip. Someone also has to light a fire under some of our forwards because quite a few of them are not producing. As good as they have been doing that is mostly Trotz system but eventually the lack of scoring was going to catch up to them. Overall, the team has had a good run this year, but they could be better.

eoin92

Jun 14, 2013
I really hope this isn’t because Lehner is injured. I hope it’s because Lou is bringing back the three headed goalie.

Le Grec

Jun 28, 2011
I think that would be a hell of a line to be honest.
Yup, I'm all for responsible play, but when the offence is so limited, it might be best to put all the eggs in one basket instead of spreading it out...

doublechili

For all intensive purposes, your nuts
Apr 11, 2006
Not good. Please be ok Lehner.

MDC, JHS and Gibson!
CrazyNastyFerret-max-1mb.gif

Costigan77

Oct 7, 2014
Manhasset, NY
I havent commented much on the JHS situation but IMO his first games this year were literally near perfect. He was changing at the right time, dumping the puck at the right time, not turning it over. As the games when on, his shine definitely wore off, however I dont think he ever got to the point where he was bad enough to send down. Beau has been just as dumb and frustrating for long stretches at times.

According to Barry Trotz, he saw what you wrote differently. But he said he would be better when he comes back up. I truly hope for the Islanders sake he is

Reactions: doublechili

doublechili

Apr 11, 2006
According to Barry Trotz, he saw what you wrote differently. But he said he would be better when he comes back up. I truly hope for the Islanders sake he is

Good stuff. The assumption always is that sending a kid down (or to the press box) is a punishment. But with a good coach like Trotz (and GM Lou) I think we can assume that there is a purpose and it is to improve the player. It's a cycle of challenge-build confidence-challenge-build confidence.

SI90

Jul 25, 2011
StrongIsland

I’m confused. Did they send him down again? Lol

Edit- never mind saw the date. Thank you.

BrockLobster

Feb 11, 2013
Long Beach, NY
This is a good article and it elaborates on what many of us anecdotally observed. The team is better when the kids are playing. They bring urgency, energy, and Ho Sang in particular brings a skill set that is sorely missing in this line-up. They can't count on Casey Cizikas to provide this team's offense while the top 3 lines are not producing. Something has got to give and JHS should be replacing somebody. Maybe Flip. Someone also has to light a fire under some of our forwards because quite a few of them are not producing. As good as they have been doing that is mostly Trotz system but eventually the lack of scoring was going to catch up to them. Overall, the team has had a good run this year, but they could be better.

Your avatar made me chuckle

wingnutks

Nov 17, 2011

Maybe its not that differently. Its seems like me and others are always focusing on whether or not he is doing the right thing defensively, line changes...etc. It sounds like alot of it was that he was just not producing offensively, which I agree with. Just surprised that ended up being one of the bigger sticking points.

doublechili

Apr 11, 2006
Your avatar made me chuckle
It's making us all chuckle. I'm still trying to figure out Avery's getup. Either "Puritan-chic" is a hot new look in his circles, or he got a deal on some old costumes from "The Village" and is blazing his own trail.

12Dog

Feb 14, 2013
It's making us all chuckle. I'm still trying to figure out Avery's getup. Either "Puritan-chic" is a hot new look in his circles, or he got a deal on some old costumes from "The Village" and is blazing his own trail.

Yeah, he’s “blazing” alright

beach

Aug 17, 2005
here
Nouveau Westworld

ww.jpg

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad