Confirmed with Link: Chris DiDomenico signs with Sens | Cleared

danielpalfredsson

youtube dot com /watch?v=CdqMZ_s7Y6k
Aug 14, 2013
Imagine how crazy that must be to be a 6th round pick who never got a shot to play a game in the NHL. You're 28, you've been playing in Europe for half a decade, prior to that you flunked between the AHL and ECHL. Now all of a sudden the Sens are calling with a 1 way contract.

Sounds like the start of a good movie....

MaxTheLimit

Hockey ruins all my personal relationships
Jul 21, 2016
Ontario
Seems like a good indication that we will ship out more bodies than we bring in on March 1st.

Even if we deal Lazar for a pick, now we have a body to replace him on the roster, and a body that Boucher trusts cause it is pretty obvious that based on ice-time received from the Bingo callups, he does not trust them.

This is what I was thinking. I'm wondering if this is a sign of the end for Lazar specifically( as you mentioned ).

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
So is this our tdl deal? Are we done? .Hopefully Boucher found us someone who can play.

Its amazing our farm team has so little talent, although, to be fair, our best talent has been moved on from (Prince and Puempel).

I'd like Varone to get a real good look

Last edited:

Rodzilla

Aug 31, 2010
Canada
Like it, nothing to lose. Played against him and he had some really good skills. Great vision and high motor.

That being said, Garrioch who is the Senators mascot, said "the Senators looked overseas for help on forwards" so if it's the only thing we do I'll be pretty disappointed.

jason2020

Sep 24, 2014
So is this our tdl deal? Are we done? .Hopefully Boucher found us someone who can play.

Its amazing our farm team has so little talent, although, to be fair, our best talent has been moved on from (Prince and Puempel).

I'd like Varone to get a real good look.

I don't think I would say we have so little talnet.

Super Cake

Jun 24, 2013
Like it, nothing to lose. Played against him and he had some really good skills. Great vision and high motor.

That being said, Garrioch who is the Senators mascot, said "the Senators looked overseas for help on forwards" so if it's the only thing we do I'll be pretty disappointed.

Prepare to be disappointed.

This is typical Sens.

Jorge Garcia

Dec 9, 2004
in Switzerland is known for his diving. all the time. he was honestly annoying. Won't be missed by non Tigers fan.

Fiery, annoying guy. Not big, not real fast. A diver. Our own Brendan Gallagher? How are his goaltender interference skills?

edguy

Feb 5, 2014
Charlottetown, PEI
These are all bottom six players. How many bottom 6 players do we need?

Dorion is really going bargain bin shopping here if this is the only thing he does.

I think its pretty widely known our bottom 6 is the weakest part of our team.. why not take a free chance on a guy to try and outplay Lazar and Neil?

Super Cake

Jun 24, 2013
I think its pretty widely known our bottom 6 is the weakest part of our team.. why not take a free chance on a guy to try and outplay Lazar and Neil?

So we go after a guy that has 0 NHL experience?

We will see but i don't expect much from a guy that hasn't played a single game in the NHL. Especially since the games now will be much harder as the teams try to grind it to get in the playoffs.

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010

We will see but i don't expect much from a guy that hasn't played a single game in the NHL. Especially since the games now will be much harder as the teams try to grind it to get in the playoffs.

How much NHL experience did Panarin have? Chicago needed a top 6 forward, got a guy with zero NHL experience, and it's worked out pretty damn well. We signed a low risk bottom 6 guy, hopefully he can work out equally well relative to his role with the team, even if that's just as a 4th line center/winger. If not, no big deal.

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
I dont think this is our only move. But hey if he doesn't work in Ottawa Bingo has space for him.

Low risk low reward guy, nothing wrong with it.

How much NHL experience did Panarin have? Chicago needed a top 6 forward, got a guy with zero NHL experience, and it's worked out pretty damn well. We signed a low risk bottom 6 guy, hopefully he can work out equally well relative to his role with the team, even if that's just as a 4th line center/winger. If not, no big deal.

I think its a good move to explore eu options. I think they should do the same w the KHL options. The prices for tdl free agents seems quite inflated. We need help. Use all the options.

This one is low risk.

Our 4th line still needs upgrades.

chipsens

Post and in...
Jan 9, 2013
Rumour has it that Toblerone is sponsoring DiDominico. Free chocolate every time he scores

Charliebox

Aug 5, 2009

I'd rather them do that then trade away 2nd and 3rd round picks to fill out the 4th line.

No honest Sens fan thinks we are a contender so why give up any assets, even later picks, for bottom 6 crap.

At the end of the day, our 4th line sucks ass and we have no one in Bingo we can trust. Ryan is going to be out for awhile, so that means we have zero healthy scratches (Lazar and Neil are both in for every game). I'd rather take a little chance on Didomenico and have him in the lineup over any of Wingels/Neil/Lazar.

The Sens are paper thin. I'm not sure why anyone would bother ripping into this singing. We aren't close to the cap and it's not our money. Getting more depth and giving up nothing to get it is never really a bad thing.

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site
Yes. Yes he can.

I dunno Wingles has been the worst player on the team by a substantial margin the last 5 to 10 games. He is aweful, terrible penalties, slow, easily knocked around, missing open nets, creates no offense, bad turnovers in poor parts of the ice.

This is honestly the only player I have watched Boucher continually give icetime to no matter how they play.

So yes I dont believe Didomenico could be worse. Whats encouraging about Didomenico is he has lead his team in points every season, two seasons he did it substantially more than the next best player. Which means he is driving the scoring, he has been on a bad team the last two years perhaps given a better situation he could score even more.

coladin

Sep 18, 2009
My first instinct was this has to do with the expansion draft. If he is on a 1 way contract, not 2 way, this will make him an active roster player which can be exposed at the expansion draft. I am assuming "NHL" players have to be exposed and if a player of his calibre, which is a lower league than Pyatt was playing , I think, is exposed it satisfies the requirements of the expansion draft.

What do you guys think?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad