Confirmed with Link: Chris DiDomenico signs with Sens | Cleared

spezz19

Sep 1, 2007
https://swisshockeynews.ch/index.ph...o-leaves-the-scl-tigers-with-immediate-effect

According to watson, DiDominco has signed a one-way contract with the Senators for the rest of this season and a two-way contract for the upcoming season. Ottawa, however, has yet to confirm this contract.
DiDomenico will, thus, leave the Tigers after three seasons with them. As the team writes in its press release, the timing of his departure before the placement round is "highly inconvenient." Nonetheless, DiDomenico insisted and the board of directors decided to terminate his contract.
The 28-year-old Canadian, who was drafted by the Toronto Maple Leafs in the sixth round of the 2007 NHL Draft, played 46 games for the Tigers this season and was able to register 34 points (eight goals, 26 assists).

Mod edit - Twitter confirmation:

Last edited by a moderator:

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
Uhm... Ok. Anybody know anything about him? I think I remember him as part of the Toronto prospect pool way back, but I could be thinking of somebody else.

Here's a writeup I found

Chris is described as a gifted, all-around player who is physical, defensively sound and offensively dangerous. He has a certain “feistyness” about him that makes him very tough to play against as he can really get under his opponent’s skin. He’s a very vocal player who’s not afraid to drop the gloves or come to the aid of his teammates. The one knock against Chris comes with his skating ability and his size, which may hinder his offensive potential at the pro level. If you’re only 6’1 170 lbs, and you can’t skate like the wind, you’ve certainly got the odds stacked against you. But then again, he knows all about longshots.

BondraTime

Nov 20, 2005
East Coast
He was a great, great junior player with Saint John. Made many people look stupid in camp and in the Q. Great guy as well, always made new guys and rookies feel welcome.

I don't really understand this, though I'd be lying if I said I'd been following him. Boucher has obviously seen a lot of him the past few years.

He was also a bandaid.

Blotto71

Okay, maybe the worst is behind us...?
May 12, 2013
Over There
Why would he leave the Swiss league to play in the AHL? Doesn't the Swiss league pay better than the AHL?

I would assume that is why the deal for this season is one-way, so he gets NHL dollars regardless of where he plays. But I'm not a contract expert.

Samboni

Jan 26, 2014
I dunno, don't we have enough 4th liners already.

One-way deal for the rest of this season, then a two-way deal next year. This is weird, almost backwards.

TheCLAM

Oct 11, 2012
Niagara Falls
He was an okay prospect - I hope he can thrive as a 3rd line forward.

Most Leaf fans saw him with tweener potential - he kinda fell off a cliff after entering the Hawks organizations. I believe he went in the Kris Versteeg deal to Toronto.

ekarlsson65

Jan 11, 2015
Ottawa
I don't get this one way contract move at all

Why not claim Pulkinnen off of waivers instead?

Oh right he didn't play in Switzerland under Boucher. I'm getting sick of this Swiss League narrative already

Upgrayedd

Earn'em and Burn'em
Oct 14, 2010
Ottawa
Would be one way with big club this year then reportedly a 2 way next year...if he brings anything close to what Pyatt and Wingels bring which I believe to be comparable players then I am very happy with this reported signing.

GWNR

Dec 10, 2013
Ottawa, Ontario
Odd signing. He played for Canada at the Spengler Cup and was one of their better players (5 points in 5 games). Odd becuase he definitely does fit in the grouping of 4th liners we already have.

Oh well hopefully he's like Pyatt and exceeds expectations.

BatherSeason

Jun 16, 2009
Gatineau
Seems like a good indication that we will ship out more bodies than we bring in on March 1st.

Even if we deal Lazar for a pick, now we have a body to replace him on the roster, and a body that Boucher trusts cause it is pretty obvious that based on ice-time received from the Bingo callups, he does not trust them.

Nac Mac Feegle

wee & free
Jun 10, 2011
Seems like a good indication that we will ship out more bodies than we bring in on March 1st.

Even if we deal Lazar for a pick, now we have a body to replace him on the roster, and a body that Boucher trusts cause it is pretty obvious that based on ice-time received from the Bingo callups, he does not trust them.

Never thought of that possibility. Maybe we are shipping out some bodies in a (big?) trade...

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad