Confirmed with Link: Chris DiDomenico signs with Sens | Cleared

slamigo

Skate or Die!
Dec 25, 2007
Ottawa
I'm really curious as to the rule about requiring that he needs to be waived. Why is that? What is the rationale for that rule?

Lenny the Lynx

Sep 20, 2008
ON
So this was originally said to be a 1 way deal, now looks like its 2 way. So he's Bingo bound?

I'm really curious as to the rule about requiring that he needs to be waived. Why is that? What is the rationale for that rule?

I think its to prevent guys who are holding out from going to Europe.

Tundraman

ModerationIsKey
Feb 13, 2010
North
Sounds like it's 2 way this year and next and he will be sent to Bingo when he clears. Unlike what we were led to believe it's possible he may not see the NHL this year. Unless we have more skill injuries he may be 3rd layer depth only it seems

jason2020

Sep 24, 2014
Sounds like it's 2 way this year and next and he will be sent to Bingo when he clears. Unlike what we were led to believe it's possible he may not see the NHL this year. Unless we have more skill injuries he may be 3rd layer depth only it seems

From what I have heard its a one way this year and a 2 way next year.

Tundraman

ModerationIsKey
Feb 13, 2010
North
From what I have heard its a one way this year and a 2 way next year.

That's what everyone said at first but according to TSN1200 the Sens press release said he's on a 2 way both years and will be assigned to Bingo when he clears. They commented on how good the Sens were about including the terms in the info release.

From the Sens NHL site:

The contract will carry a value of $575,000 in the National Hockey League and $150,000 in the American Hockey League (both values are prorated for the remainder of the 2016-17 season) and a value of $650,000 in the NHL and $190,000 in the AHL for 2017-18.

rimpirate

Nov 19, 2013
To add a little tidbit as to his character (although I might be slightly biased there): His perpetual diving and complaining-to-refs antics have earned him the chant "DiDo Ladyboy" on away games.
Personally, I wouldn't value the fact that he was Langnau's top scorer overly much, as the bottom teams in Swiss NLA are generally forced to rely on their imports and, accordingly, structure their game and TOI around them, meaning plenty of PP time, where he does have his moments.

Caeldan

Whippet Whisperer
Jun 21, 2008
So this was originally said to be a 1 way deal, now looks like its 2 way. So he's Bingo bound?

I think its to prevent guys who are holding out from going to Europe.

It's partly that (though most of the leagues have an agreement not to sign someone under contract without permission), partly to avoid funny business with numbers of contracts and cap circumvention.
You could have a guy on a gentleman's agreement go play in Europe to start a season while you sort out cap/contract issues and then bring them over for a cheaper value mid-season after that is all cleared up or you have placed a big contract on LTIR. Or have your prospects go play in Europe to avoid losing them to the waiver wire.

Tundraman

ModerationIsKey
Feb 13, 2010
North
It was said that there is some glitch with bringing guys in the AHL that was not explained. Guess he's staying with the big club this year and will earn his NHL pay even though its a 2 way.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad