#ChokingSens

HavlatMach9

streamable 3rah1
Mar 17, 2011
Ottawa
The first time I heard people saying PeskySens, the first thing that came to my mind was ....that the Sens > NHL. Well those who have been on this board long enough to remember that know how that turned out .....
You mistake having fun and coincidences with superstitions. No fun.

Back in Black

All Sports would be great if they were Hockey
Jan 30, 2012
In the Penalty Box
If you don't make the playoffs you will know how we have felt for the last 8 years.
No, only if we miss the playoffs for 8 years would we be able to feel the same.

That's 9 years, but anyways, congrats to the Leafs for officially making the Playoffs Tonight!

As planned, we have you right were we wanted you to be against Boston in the 1st Round!

Slack

everything's fine?
Apr 27, 2012
That's 9 years, but anyways, congrats to the Leafs for officially making the Playoffs Tonight!

As planned, we have you right were we wanted you to be against Boston in the 1st Round!

Haha seriously. I wanted us to win badly tonight, but I really love what our loss means for them! Have fun with the Buins! :laugh:

pt_mck

Jul 1, 2005
Ottawa
If the sens make the playoffs it sill be because Winnipeg lost not because they sens earned their way in

Spez

Feb 14, 2013
Will you still say that if Ottawa wins 2 or 3 of their last 4? Even winning 2 of the last 4 to me counts as earning your way in.

RedWhiteBlackGold

Veteran User
Feb 22, 2007
Charlottetown, PE
If the sens make the playoffs it sill be because Winnipeg lost not because they sens earned their way in

If the Sens who been missing key players all season make the playoffs it's not because the AHL team we had for most part didn't earn it?

We definitely have a tough schedule left to be hanging on a playoff spot with, we'll see how this team reacts in desperation mode.

pt_mck

Jul 1, 2005
Ottawa
If the Sens who been missing key players all season make the playoffs it's not because the AHL team we had for most part didn't earn it?

We definitely have a tough schedule left to be hanging on a playoff spot with, we'll see how this team reacts in desperation mode.

5 game losing streak against some of the worst tewms in the conference

humiliated at home against an arch rival in two key games down the stretch

not getting three points in the final five games

sneaking in because the jets lost acouple games

yeah well deserved

GOAT

Dec 5, 2006
Ottawa

yeah well deserved

Will you still support the Senators when your crystal ball is wrong?

sens613

Apr 12, 2012

yeah well deserved

you are one heck of a fan. I was unaware we were the only team to make the playoffs without a losing streak or a home lose, good to know.

ChocolateLeclaire

Jan 12, 2010
Ottawa, Canada

yeah well deserved

You are the Britta of Sens fans. Please find another team. Seriously posting this garbage after a four game win streak including winning a game against a team that had won 8 straight and was the hottest team in the NHL? REALLY?!?

Patvolcom65

@Patvolcom65
Jul 4, 2011
New-Brunswick

yeah well deserved

Ye...were losing every game and Karlsson and Spezza are pretty invisble...amidoingthisright.

starling

Nov 7, 2010
Ottawa

yeah well deserved
You probably missed that game but so you know the other night we beat the hottest team in the NHL. They also went on and humiliated habs the following day in their building.

sriel

Dec 27, 2011
They had us right where they wanted us after the 40th shot was taken.

Here I Pageau Again

Jul 4, 2012
It sucked that we lost.

But if we make the playoffs, its because we PLAYED better than 7 other teams. It's not because one team went on a losing streak and we still "suck".

Again, a playoff appearance this year would still be amazing. I never expected it once I knew about the extent of our injuries. This experience is a great thing for our team for the future. No reason to freak out after a loss, or even a losing streak. We've had sooooo many 1 goal games, and luck was on our side for a while, and the moment those one goal games land on the wrong side, we flip out. (minus the games against the Leafs, we've been close just zero puck luck).

SlapJack

Scum bag Sens
Dec 6, 2010

yeah well deserved

And the Jets deserve to be in because? They play in the weakest division by a landslide while Ottawa plays in the toughest and lost their best players for the majority of the season.

You don't base a season on one week of play and say that a position is undeserved because of something that happens in the final moments. If Winnipeg and/or Washington make the playoffs, that's the biggest travesty. Had those teams been in different divisions, they would be lottery pickers. If realignment happened this season, those teams would be crying the blues right now, not fighting for home advantage in the playoffs.

pt_mck

Jul 1, 2005
Ottawa
Did I state anything incorrectly?

I'd have much rather they beat the leafs twice at home on national television, I'd have much rather they beat the bottom 3 teams in the conference when points matter so much.

I'd much rather the sens win their way in than have to rely on other teams to get them in. They win they're in.

Pittsburgh, Washington (road game) , Philly, Boston (road game) it's going to be tough to get 3 points there.

ChocolateLeclaire

Jan 12, 2010
Ottawa, Canada
Did I state anything incorrectly?

I'd have much rather they beat the leafs twice at home on national television, I'd have much rather they beat the bottom 3 teams in the conference when points matter so much.

I'd much rather the sens win their way in than have to rely on other teams to get them in. They win they're in.

Pittsburgh, Washington (road game) , Philly, Boston (road game) it's going to be tough to get 3 points there.

Nope. You just picked and chose facts that fit your narrative while the rest of us shot so many holes in your "statement" that if it was a boat, it would have sunk.

Do Make Say Think

& Yet & Yet
Jun 26, 2007
Nope. You just picked and chose facts that fit your narrative while the rest of us shot so many holes in your "statement" that if it was a boat, it would have sunk.

He stated the absolute truth: the team has crapped the bed at some very unfortunate times recently

Where he's wrong is with the baditude

The Senators are still a fine team led by a great coach, just because they crapped the bed against the Leafs and then went on a 5 game losing is no reason to give up on them; it's concerning but nothing can be done about it: just stay positive. The team played a solid game last night but Leafs were fired up, Reimer is the new Thomas and they got all the puck luck, it happens.

sens613

Apr 12, 2012
as of right now we are in the playoffs correct? so no we are not depending on any teams to crap the bed to make it . It may change where yes we do not get 3 points in 4 games , but thats a maybe. Lots of time left and even if we do not get those 3 points and make it , well we made it from fine play during the other 44 games.

HavlatMach9

streamable 3rah1
Mar 17, 2011
Ottawa
On a long/tough road trip vs NHL teams. Good thing we had winning streaks against the much better teams.
You mean one. Not sure why you're counting last nights 50 shot game?
Thanks for your faith in this team after 1/5 games played so far.

Sneaking in because we accumulated enough points through the 2013 NHL season.

yeah well deserved
If we make the playoffs, it's very well deserved.

JB52

Apr 6, 2012
Quebec City
And why couldn't we get three points in those 4 games.

We just beat Philadelphia and Washington last week.
We only need to beat one of them this week. (and draw against the other one, or Pittsburgh or Boston.)

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad