#ChokingSens

Xspyrit

DJ Dorion
Jun 29, 2008
Montreal, Canada
Why not a hashtag so show we support the team and still believe in them while on the road trip? I'm sure if it gets trending, Ian Mendes or someone from the Sun takes note and the team finds out about it (or the players see it on Twitter).

Damn, I wish this fanbase on HF would have this mentality : fight to the end!

We give up so easily at the 1st sign of adversity, it's a shame :surrender

Let's grow some spine/balls! Is that because we have a very young fanbase mostly made of kids/teens?

Support them to the end! I find it already so impressive that this young, inexperienced and depleted team (because of injuries) are 12th in the league after a 5 games losing streak at the end of a 48 games season...

No, only if we miss the playoffs for 8 years would we be able to feel the same.

Ya lol, his post wasn't really a good idea if you want to pump Leafs tires...

moz

Gute Post
Oct 30, 2006
Ottawa
:facepalm:

No, just no.
Teams are incredibly close to each other in talent most nights, so it comes down to either a lucky bounce, severely outworking opponents or having so much talent you can overwhelm them.

Let's save this talk for when we are actually out of the playoffs? :shakehead

What happened to the real SensFanDan?? :amazed:

Laphroaig

Aug 26, 2011
The Town Fun Forgot
The Sens finished last season at .500 with an incredibly healthy lineup. This year we're one game below .500 with the most injury depleted lineup in the NHL. That's the opposite of choking.

Lenny the Lynx

Sep 20, 2008
ON
pes·ky
/ˈpeskē/
Adjective
Causing trouble; annoying.
Synonyms
bothersome - annoying - tiresome - troublesome

I don't know about you guys but those words sum up how this team makes me feel

Magix

Oct 10, 2010
Choking? I'm sorry, this team is expected to make the playoffs given their situation or be where they are at? They've battled hard and are facing some adversity. Now we have moronic threads like these.

God some people.... :facepalm:

Do Make Say Think

& Yet & Yet
Jun 26, 2007
They haven't been playing well and historically the Ottawa Senators are very prone to choking (not so much since Paulrus) but they are hardly choking at the moment

They ran out of mojo/injuries caught up/traded away very popular locker room guys all at the same time

Things are looking bad but they aren't done yet

We need to win the next two games REAL bad though, if they lose even just one of them it could be disastrous

TonySoprano11

It's a very delicate situation.
Apr 8, 2006
Hayden, ID
To those who have said why is this thread even necessary, or what a bad fan, or choking sens fans, or any of the other excuses/accusations made - I want you to understand that this is about a lesson in hubris.

1) The whole #peskysens thing was rubbish from the beginning. Maclean should have squashed that immediately. For the last few months this team and its fans have been chest thumping our supremacy despite the significant losses to injury that was suffered.
Although the team has played incredible and beyond expectations, when you start giving yourself these kinds of names you better be able to back that up in the long run. No one knows how the season will end up, but if we cannot beat Buffalo, Tampa, or Florida on the road - we really have no business being in the playoffs let alone calling the team #pesky.

2) If this was Toronto or Montreal, or any other team that the fanbase around here despises, we would be calling it a choke job. Five straight losses to the bottom feeders of the conference? The orgasms around here from dishing that out on the Leafs would be in triplicate. There are a lot of glass houses that have been broken this day. So if we can have fun calling ourselves #peskysens, then we should equally be able to have fun embracing our joke job that is currently taking place.

Iamok

Oct 20, 2010
To those who have said why is this thread even necessary, or what a bad fan, or choking sens fans, or any of the other excuses/accusations made - I want you to understand that this is about a lesson in hubris.

1) The whole #peskysens thing was rubbish from the beginning. Maclean should have squashed that immediately. For the last few months this team and its fans have been chest thumping our supremacy despite the significant losses to injury that was suffered.
Although the team has played incredible and beyond expectations, when you start giving yourself these kinds of names you better be able to back that up in the long run. No one knows how the season will end up, but if we cannot beat Buffalo, Tampa, or Florida on the road - we really have no business being in the playoffs let alone calling the team #pesky.

2) If this was Toronto or Montreal, or any other team that the fanbase around here despises, we would be calling it a choke job. Five straight losses to the bottom feeders of the conference? The orgasms around here from dishing that out on the Leafs would be in triplicate. There are a lot of glass houses that have been broken this day. So if we can have fun calling ourselves #peskysens, then we should equally be able to have fun embracing our joke job that is currently taking place.

Or 3) Realize that this is a game, and the PeskySens thing just adds a bit more fun to all this.

Indrew

Feb 6, 2007
I've never used a hashtag. What utter rubbish.

If the voice mail voice lady askes me to press pound, I just wait until she changes her mind. I'm always on the phone.

dasboot

Jajajaja
Sep 12, 2010

Damn pessimistic Americans.

ChocolateLeclaire

Jan 12, 2010
Ottawa, Canada

3) It was a dumb post and, as others have pointed out, it's not choking when your team has played far above its expectations and is only now suddenly playing at the level many thought they would once losing their top centre, top 2 d-men, top goal scorer, etc.

Stop trying to salvage a bad thread. The fact that you bring Toronto and Montreal into this like its some sort of "lesson" we should learn is laughable.

Hale The Villain

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 2, 2008
Not sure how you think this is choking.

I get we've held it together for so long. But through all those wins, I kept thinking --- when will this end??

Even with their losses the last week, the biggest issue has been the inability to finish. They just do NOT know how to get those goals.

They are also missing a PPG C, a PPG D, and a 30+ goal W.

That is HUGE!

Before we were hanging just barely, now we are sinking ever so slightly.

I'm not really upset or worried. It is a touch annoying that we start losing now, but I'm not all that shocked. And having a team with players that can finish, would definitely give us a few more wins.

We have maintained the 5th/6th spot for most of the season with our injury depleted roster. In the final stretch we have lost 5 straight, three straight against the worst teams in the conference with the exact same roster + Craig Anderson.

I know we have had some **** luck, faced some hot goalies and been screwed over by the refs on this cold streak, but he's not wrong - this is the definition of choking.

ChocolateLeclaire

Jan 12, 2010
Ottawa, Canada
We have maintained the 5th/6th spot for most of the season with our injury depleted roster. In the final stretch we have lost 5 straight, three straight against the worst teams in the conference with the exact same roster + Craig Anderson.

I know we have had some **** luck, faced some hot goalies and been screwed over by the refs on this cold streak, but he's not wrong - this is the definition of choking.

No. It's not. Choking is when you're the overwhelming favorite and you fall short of expectations dramatically. If this injury-depleted, still in the 2nd year of a rebuild, Sens going on this losing streak is "choking" by your standards, then sorry your standards were too high. The team has never been a favorite unless you are just looking at it from a points-accumulated perspective. This team has overachieved all season. Look at Tampa's roster and look at ours. Can you seriously say we're a much better team than they are talent-wise? They have the one of the top 3 scorers in the world, their prize-winning defencemen, an elite playmaker and they also had Malone and Lecavalier return to their line-up. Who on our team matches up with that?!?

Ad

Upcoming events

• USA vs Sweden
    USA vs Sweden
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $1,050.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Finland vs Czechia
    Finland vs Czechia
    Wagers: 1
    Staked: $200.00