#ChokingSens

TonySoprano11

It's a very delicate situation.
Apr 8, 2006
Hayden, ID
Since this team (and fanbase) is in the business of hashtags, I think its only appropriate that they embrace their new designation. At least no other team or fan can claim they used this hashtag first.

Three straight losses to three of the worst teams in the Eastern Conference? #ChokingSens

Filatov2Kovalev2Bonk

Effortless sexy.
Jul 13, 2006
Cumberland
:facepalm:

No, just no.
Teams are incredibly close to each other in talent most nights, so it comes down to either a lucky bounce, severely outworking opponents or having so much talent you can overwhelm them.

Let's save this talk for when we are actually out of the playoffs? :shakehead

Here I Pageau Again

Jul 4, 2012
Not sure how you think this is choking.

I get we've held it together for so long. But through all those wins, I kept thinking --- when will this end??

Even with their losses the last week, the biggest issue has been the inability to finish. They just do NOT know how to get those goals.

They are also missing a PPG C, a PPG D, and a 30+ goal W.

That is HUGE!

Before we were hanging just barely, now we are sinking ever so slightly.

I'm not really upset or worried. It is a touch annoying that we start losing now, but I'm not all that shocked. And having a team with players that can finish, would definitely give us a few more wins.

KA BLAMO

Aug 18, 2008
q5z19.jpg

ChocolateLeclaire

Jan 12, 2010
Ottawa, Canada
Since this team (and fanbase) is in the business of hashtags, I think its only appropriate that they embrace their new designation. At least no other team or fan can claim they used this hashtag first.

Three straight losses to three of the worst teams in the Eastern Conference? #ChokingSens

What a great fan you are. Instead of looking at this team and thinking: "it's amazing that at this point in the season, after losing their #1 center, their top two d-men, their top goal scorer and their top goaltender that they're still in 6th place." you come here to crap all over them.

SlapJack

Scum bag Sens
Dec 6, 2010
This is the kind of thing I expected to happen 20 games ago. Since it's happening now it seems bad. A team that is gutted with injuries to their best players doesn't choke, they scramble for whatever they can get. Luckily everything was going their way before but now they're on a stretch where it is not. #sensfansarebabies

VVS

Nov 22, 2007
Ottawa, ON
My one worry about this losing streak is how we've been unable to get some these games in OT at least.

Seems like earlier in the season we were be able to hold off at least till then.

NyQuil

Big F$&*in Q
Jan 5, 2005
Ottawa, ON
They aren't playing well but this is the time where the fans have to rally around what they have been able to accomplish and spur them on.

Caje

Mar 18, 2010
Why is this even a thread...

The whole hashtag thing is stupid anyway.

take a peek

Mar 4, 2007
#lotsofhockeyleft
#massivetilts
#sensgonnamakeit
#overreactingwhinybabyfans
#pleasego'cheerfor'anotherteamyouareannoying

The Waffler

Registered Offender
Jul 10, 2009
Planet Earth
The worst part of this, is the fact that they've all been regulation losses. I guess they'll catch up to us eventually. Those pile of OT losses were too good to be true.

Xspyrit

DJ Dorion
Jun 29, 2008
Montreal, Canada
I don't see how can this team be tagged as "choking"

They have played almost ALL SEASON without the 4th, 10th and 56th leaders in NHL scoring last year. Oh and they also missed Jared Cowen who would be our 2nd best D-man IMO and a collection of other guys as well like Latendresse and Craig Anderson who would have won the Vezina if he played all season

Choking? Not even close. They should be close to the 15th spot in the East, particulary when you consider that this is a rebuilding team full of rookies where 60% of those guys don't even have 100 NHL games...

Now that you know the facts, wouldn't change the thread of your title?

So far, outside of the Toronto game, all loss were "close".

- Lost 3-2 to the Bruins (one of the best teams in the league and our nemesis) where it could have went both ways with a lot of shots and scoring chances both sides

- Lost 4-2 to the Sabres, we didn't convert enough of our chances, Miller just was a lot better than Robin Lehner in that game

- Lost 2-1 to the Panthers. We outchanced them 21-6... Clemmensen just stole that game from us

- Lost 3-2 to Tampa. Refs totally screwed us

We should have anything from 2 to 4 pts more in the standings because of that Tampa game and the earlier game against the Habs were Benoit GOOD goal was called back...

Anyway, how many rebuilding teams would make the playoffs without their 2 superstars, a star, their starting goalie and a young pillar on defense?

Last edited:

Milan the God*

Why not a hashtag so show we support the team and still believe in them while on the road trip? I'm sure if it gets trending, Ian Mendes or someone from the Sun takes note and the team finds out about it (or the players see it on Twitter).

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad