Prospect Info: CHL, NCAA & European Prospects Thread | Part XII

Status
Not open for further replies.

Call Me Al

Aug 28, 2017
not moving butcher yet. if he can improve his skating he has really high potential. why not have both? left d is our weakest position

Unknown Caller

Apr 30, 2009
I know I sound like a hater, and I do harp on it a bit, but if we think Davies can handle the roll, Id trade Butcher this offseason. His value should be sky high.

Not the greatest idea. What does it signal to other free agents, especially college free agents, when a guy chooses you over tons of other teams and then you trade him less than a calendar year later when he exceeds expectations? The decision to trade Butcher would impact a lot more than him alone.

Reactions: OmNomNom

Zajacs Bowl Cut

Lets Go Baby
Nov 6, 2005
PA
I know I sound like a hater, and I do harp on it a bit, but if we think Davies can handle the roll, Id trade Butcher this offseason. His value should be sky high.

trading a 40 point rookie DMan sure seems like a GREAT idea....

its almost as if players can't improve on things in their game as they get older

devilsblood

Mar 10, 2010
trading a 40 point rookie DMan sure seems like a GREAT idea....

its almost as if players can't improve on things in their game as they get older
Well we'd be getting back d-man who has put up 50 pts in his career.

And yeah, slow skaters don't become fast skaters. That's like a real thing.

Unknown Caller

Apr 30, 2009
Davies is 5'11" and we're acting like he's undersized? He's the same size as Karlsson and an inch shorter than guys like Subban, Letang and Provorov. How is this even a consideration?

Reactions: Darkauron

Devils731

Jun 23, 2008
Davies is 5'11" and we're acting like he's undersized? He's the same size as Karlsson and an inch shorter than guys like Subban, Letang and Provorov. How is this even a consideration?

People really get hung up on height. For most players weight is a better indicator of size.

I remember a story from an old baseball scout that you could never list a right handed pitcher as under 6 foot tall. So you’d have all these talented 5’9” pitchers being listed as 6’ by the scout so that their teams wouldn’t discount the prospect.

Jason MacIsaac

Jan 13, 2004
Halifax, NS
gonuathletics

Watch for number 4 in the highlights, I will give a spoiler, he has effortless speed and has the puck on his stick alot. I had him ahead of Rykov before the trade and there are very few prospects I have ahead of him now. I want to see him win the national championship but I want him to get a game in before the playoffs, which i fully expect him to do.

Last edited:

devilsblood

Mar 10, 2010
gonuathletics

Watch for number 4 in the highlights, I will give a spoiler, he has effortless speed and has the puck on his stick alot. I had him ahead of Rykov before the trade and there are very few prospects I have ahead of him now. I want to see him win the national championship but I want him to get a game in before the playoffs, which i fully expect him to do.
So you think he signs with NJ after his season?

OmNomNom

Taco is Love, Taco is Life
Mar 3, 2011
In the Church of Salmela
gonuathletics

which video?

Zajacs Bowl Cut

Lets Go Baby
Nov 6, 2005
PA
by the way, you can ABSOLUTELY improve your skating and get faster. No, he won't ever have blazing speed, but its possible. Get him to the skate coach that Parise, Larsson, Boyle, etc used

Zajacs Bowl Cut

Lets Go Baby
Nov 6, 2005
PA
Yes, he will sign a day after his season ends and join the Devils roster. We will see if he can translate his game breaking abilities to the NHL like Gostisbehere.

speculation or source? Just curious. I'd love it. Even if it were to just get him practicing and used to the pro game.

Jason MacIsaac

Jan 13, 2004
Halifax, NS
speculation or source? Just curious. I'd love it. Even if it were to just get him practicing and used to the pro game.
Speculation, NJ is weak on the left side, an injury to Greene or Moore leaves us in a terrible place for the playoffs. I think NJ knew they would be getting Davis at some point and didn't get defense depth because of this.

Call Me Al

Aug 28, 2017
we still have mueller, and with santini someone could play their offside which i imagine they would do before putting a 21 year old player right out of college with no pro experience in a playoff game

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad