Prospect Info: CHL, NCAA & European Prospects Thread | Part XII

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Devil In I

Jun 28, 2005
Chicago
This makes me extremely happy.

Donation to the Alumni association in coming!

No. 7 Northeastern lands four First Team All-Stars to pace Hockey East

When I found out how good they were this year I booked a trip to Boston and watched them win the Beanpot. Was great to be able to see them win in person after having watched them lose in the finals twice during my 5 years there.

If things go well enough for them over the next couple weeks...Frozen Four is only a ~6 hour drive for me to St Paul.

Devils Dominion

Now we Plummet
Feb 16, 2007
NJ
When I found out how good they were this year I booked a trip to Boston and watched them win the Beanpot. Was great to be able to see them win in person after having watched them lose in the finals twice during my 5 years there.

If things go well enough for them over the next couple weeks...Frozen Four is only a ~6 hour drive for me to St Paul.

Did Davies stand out to you?

JimEIV

Feb 19, 2003
Walsh is a RHD that probably won't be available until at least 2020. And I still think Davies is a bit of a long shot. 5'11 180 lb defensemen have a tough road a head of them.

You certainly wouldn't want Butcher and Davies in the same lineup. If it ever came to that.

Reactions: NJDevils17

Lou is God

Nov 10, 2003
New Jersey
Walsh is a RHD that probably won't be available until at least 2020. And I still think Davies is a bit of a long shot. 5'11 180 lb defensemen have a tough road a head of them.

You certainly wouldn't want Butcher and Davies in the same lineup. If it ever came to that.
On the power play you might. Jim, you remember what it was like facing the Rangers power play in the 90's when at one point they had Brian Leetch and on the other Sergei Zubov, it was basically a two minute heart attack.

JimEIV

Feb 19, 2003
On the power play you might. Jim, you remember what it was like facing the Rangers power play in the 90's when at one point they had Brian Leetch and on the other Sergei Zubov, it was basically a two minute heart attack.
Zubov was a lot better defenseman than people gave him credit for. In my opinion he was far better than Leetch. Speaking in terms of defense and all around Zubov was way ahead of Leetch imo. I think Zubov got mislabeled as an offensive defenseman he really was a very good two way defender. Zubov was one of the most underrated Defensemen of that generation in my opinion. If his name was Johnson and he was from Ontario he would have been considered a legend I think.

Both of those guys were also 6'1 200.

devilsblood

Mar 10, 2010

I wonder if Davies progresses to the point where he makes Butcher available to trade.

But I agree we are probably not rolling with 2 little offensive minded lefty d-men.

SteveCangialosi123

Feb 17, 2012
NJ

Andy Greene is 5'11 180.

Lou is God

Nov 10, 2003
New Jersey
Zubov was a lot better defenseman than people gave him credit for. In my opinion he was far better than Leetch. Speaking in terms of defense and all around Zubov was way ahead of Leetch imo. I think Zubov got mislabeled as an offensive defenseman he really was a very good two way defender. Zubov was one of the most underrated Defensemen of that generation in my opinion. If his name was Johnson and he was from Ontario he would have been considered a legend I think.

Both of those guys were also 6'1 200.
Leetch wasn't that big, but he also didn't play big nor did he need too, one of the smartest defensemen that might have ever stepped on the ice. And you're right about Zubov, excellent player and vastly underrated much like Sergei Brylin was, still I put him a notch behind Leetch. But they weren't a pairing except on the PP which was my main point.

Reactions: tr83 and Aethon

Jason MacIsaac

Jan 13, 2004
Halifax, NS

This is an old school thought process that doesn't work anymore.

Nashville Defensmen:
Ryan Ellis - 5`10
Yannick Weber - 5`11
PK Subban 6`0

Davies is good enough IMO to step right into the NHL. He looked every bit as good as any defensmen for Canada at the Spenglar Cup and that was with no experience outside college and on the big ice.

devilsblood

Mar 10, 2010
This is an old school thought process that doesn't work anymore.

Nashville Defensmen:
Ryan Ellis - 5`10
Yannick Weber - 5`11
PK Subban 6`0

Davies is good enough IMO to step right into the NHL. He looked every bit as good as any defensmen for Canada at the Spenglar Cup and that was with no experience outside college and on the big ice.
Ellis and Subban are stocky guys and swift skaters( moreso Subban).

Butcher is neither of those, not sure about Davies.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->