Prospect Info: CHL, NCAA & European Prospects Thread | Part XII

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tao Jersey Jones

Sep 28, 2003
Plainfield, NJ
Princeton upset Cornell 4-1. Will face winner of Clarkson/Harvard tomorrow.

Tigers have the number one ranked PP, number one points leader for D in Josh Teves, and a powerful top six F group.

Teves and the top six F are all undrafted.

Billdo

Oct 28, 2008
Ocean County
Just height and weight don't really tell you anything without knowing the players' actual body composition.

For example, Michael Grabner is listed at 6'1 188. Michael Grabner is also probably the most jacked player on the team.

DCnV_58XUAIO3QC.jpg

Lou would’ve NEVER traded for him no matter the cost because of his look alone lol

Reactions: OmNomNom

devilsblood

Mar 10, 2010
Princeton upset Cornell 4-1. Will face winner of Clarkson/Harvard tomorrow.

Tigers have the number one ranked PP, number one points leader for D in Josh Teves, and a powerful top six F group.

Teves and the top six F are all undrafted.
Saw Princeton play and beat Clarkson earlier this year when Clarkson was highly ranked. Good team speed, moved the puck well, by no means a luck win that night, looked every bit as good as Clarkson.

thethinglonger

Castron & Crew
Dec 1, 2014
New Jersey
Saw Princeton play and beat Clarkson earlier this year when Clarkson was highly ranked. Good team speed, moved the puck well, by no means a luck win that night, looked every bit as good as Clarkson.

I was at that game too! Tomorrow is going to be a fun fun day of hockey.

I'm really enjoying Walsh's game tonight... he's showing off his high offensive ceiling.

Reactions: devilsblood

Ol Dirty Bstrd

Nov 25, 2007
Watching Davies tonight. Northeastern is dominating but tied 1-1 through 2. He has a lot of poise with the puck and makes some slick passes under pressure. Definitely needs to add size (seems like he has he frame to do it - he’s not a toothpick). Otherwise seems pretty sound defensively. Plays an efficient/nonchalant style. Not afraid to jump up into the play

Ol Dirty Bstrd

Nov 25, 2007
As soon as I type that Davies gets a secondary. Started the play by drawing two forecheckers and made a slick breakout pass before absorbing a hit. Rare occasion where he got himself ‘in trouble’ but still was very surehanded with the puck and turned it into an opportunity for his team. Also had the presence of mind to avoid most of the hit

Devils Dominion

Now we Plummet
Feb 16, 2007
NJ
Watching Davies tonight. Northeastern is dominating but tied 1-1 through 2. He has a lot of poise with the puck and makes some slick passes under pressure. Definitely needs to add size (seems like he has he frame to do it - he’s not a toothpick). Otherwise seems pretty sound defensively. Plays an efficient/nonchalant style. Not afraid to jump up into the play

If he plays nonchalant that is not like Gost in Philly who plays a high energy style.

The last highly hyped college defender prospect we had who played nonchalant was Merrill

Ol Dirty Bstrd

Nov 25, 2007
Northeastern ended up losing in OT and Davies was on for the last two goals against. More bad luck than bad defense. First was a bad bounce off the boards on a point shot that popped out on the other side of the net to (I think) his man. Second was a scramble in front that he tried to whack out of danger but it ended up on the stick of a Providence player. Again more bad luck than anything. He also had a beautiful break up of a 2 on 1 when they were still up by a goal and jumped right up in transition after.

Overall there is a lot to like about his game. I’m not great at these but closest comparable I can think of is a more mobile Butcher. Maybe slightly worse positionally/more likely to jump up in the play. Hopefully his offense translates as well as Butcher’s.

Reactions: Tao Jones
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad