Prospect Info: CHL, NCAA & European Prospects Thread | Part X

Status
Not open for further replies.

Eric Sachs

Jan 31, 2007
Should we worry about kerfoot yet? Game fomorrow and no news

I would have expected some news today as well but remember, he can technically sign at any point this league year (i.e. until July 1st) and still burn a year on his ELC. He doesn't have to play a game.

So while obviously the clock has officially started ticking and you'd expect something sooner vs. later if it will happen, this weekend may not be the deadline.

VoidCreature

Before you see the light, you must die.
Mar 6, 2015
New Jersey
Another assist for Mikey.

The amount of offense he's created in this game is insane. Jeremy Brodeur looking a lot like his dad.

Last edited:

VoidCreature

Mar 6, 2015
New Jersey
Absolutely ridiculous, Tyler Seguin like no look backhand pass from behind the net on the tape of Spencer Watson from McLeod just now. Watson could have like 4 goals in this game if he could finish.

VoidCreature

Mar 6, 2015
New Jersey
Someone on the Generals must have eaten a horseshoe before this game.

Outshot 52-21, win 3-2 on a goal than in no way should have counted.

Darkauron

Jul 14, 2011
South Jersey
Off the iron with less than 10 seconds, Mississauga loses 3-2. Owen Tippett has not been great at all imo. Jeremy Brodeur played very well for Oshawa.

evnted

Apr 14, 2016
Owen Tippett has not been great at all imo.
glad im not the only one seeing this. for every strong attack he has off the rush, he has an equally bad mess up by trying to overcomplicate the entry. great skill but his head cant keep up. in any case, the entire team minus mikey and sort of watson was sloppy so id expect a better effort in game 2

VoidCreature

Mar 6, 2015
New Jersey
Michael McLeod 2016-17 playoffs, 6 goals, 13 points in 7 games.

Pavel Zacha 2015-16 playoffs, 6 goals, 13 points in 7 games.

VoidCreature

Mar 6, 2015
New Jersey
I don't know where Ryan McLeod is going to go in next year's draft, but it'd be fun to have them both on the Devils. That McLeod-McLeod-Watson line is lights out.

EnglishDevil

Nov 11, 2009
London, UK & Chicago, US
I don't know where Ryan McLeod is going to go in next year's draft, but it'd be fun to have them both on the Devils. That McLeod-McLeod-Watson line is lights out.

It's a little hard to say right now but I don't see Ryan cracking the top 10. Anywhere in the 15-30 range seems reasonable for him, early 20's being the most likely.

Obviously a lot can change between now and the 2018 draft, but barring an outstanding next season from Ryan or the Devils somehow going deep into the playoffs, i'm guessing we'll pick high enough next year to draft him should we want to.

VoidCreature

Mar 6, 2015
New Jersey
In case you're wondering, Bastian has nothing to do with Tippett being meh. He's played with mcleod before too and was just as meh. He's just not very impressive.

He skates fast, though not game breaking fast like McLeod does. His playmaking leaves something to be desired.

He kind of reminds me of Kyle Palmieri, though he doesn't go to the net like Kyle does from what I've seen.

Triumph

Oct 2, 2007
I would have expected some news today as well but remember, he can technically sign at any point this league year (i.e. until July 1st) and still burn a year on his ELC. He doesn't have to play a game.

So while obviously the clock has officially started ticking and you'd expect something sooner vs. later if it will happen, this weekend may not be the deadline.

He won't get a signing bonus unless he signs in the next 2 days though.

DevsFan30

Oct 21, 2004
New York
Thursday's Activity:

Frozen Four:
Joey Anderson - 1 goal, 1 assist, +2, 6 shots in Minnesota-Duluth's 2-1 win vs. Harvard
Alexander Kerfoot - 1 assist (PP), -1, 4 shots, won 8 of 19 draws for Harvard
Final season stats: 36 games, 16 goals, 29 assists, +20, 18 PIM

WHL Playoffs:
Colby Sissons - E in Swift Current's 2-1 win at Regina
*SC leads series, 1-0

Friday's Activity:

OHL Playoffs:
Michael McLeod - 2 assists (PP), E, 2 PIM (high-stick), 4 shots, won 17 of 26 draws, 2nd star in Mississauga's 3-2 loss vs. Oshawa
Nathan Bastian - E, 2 PIM (high-stick), 5 shots, won 13 of 26 draws, 3rd star for Mississauga
*Jeremy Brodeur stopped 50 of 52 shots, 1st star
*Oshawa leads series, 1-0

Colton White - 1 assist (PP), E, 2 PIM (coinc. high-stick), 1 shot in SSM's 4-1 win vs. Owen Sound
Blake Speers - +1, 2 PIM (hold), 7 shots, won 11 of 19 draws for SSM
*SSM leads series, 2-0

WHL Playoffs:
Colby Sissons - -2 in Swift Current's 6-2 loss at Regina
*series tied, 1-1

Eric Sachs

Jan 31, 2007
He won't get a signing bonus unless he signs in the next 2 days though.

Really? Would have thought it's the opposite and he would only get a signing bonus if he ends up signing but not playing any NHL games. Don't see this reflected in the CBA.. and it literally defines signing bonus as monies paid for signing an SPC..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad