Prospect Info: CHL, NCAA & European Prospects Thread | Part X

Status
Not open for further replies.

Czech Trio

Aug 29, 2009
Re: Speed of McCleod and Wood. From what I've seen McCleod seems much more a fluid skater if that makes sense. Wood is still a bit awkward in his skating.

Unknown Caller

Apr 30, 2009
Re: Speed of McCleod and Wood. From what I've seen McCleod seems much more a fluid skater if that makes sense. Wood is still a bit awkward in his skating.

Agreed, McLeod is a much better skater than Wood. Wood is not a strong skater and has a very unpolished stride. McLeod's stride is almost textbook, very similar to Hall. You'll see the difference between McLeod and Wood is that McLeod is much more in control and falls down a lot less.

Zajacs Bowl Cut

Lets Go Baby
Nov 6, 2005
PA
many people think that just because you are a fast skater, it means you are a good skater

the two are very different

Devils731

Jun 23, 2008
many people think that just because you are a fast skater, it means you are a good skater

the two are very different

I was going to say a similar thing, Wood is both an amazing and awful skater; depending on what aspect we are talking about.

McLeod, in limited viewing, is a really nicer skater in all aspects.

FooteBahl

Took a big shitz for Nemec
Sponsor
Jul 19, 2005
Metuchen NJ
To be fair. Wood might be the fastest skater in the league, he isn't ordinary fast.

Mcleod was apparently the fastest guy in last years draft also...it's going to be great with him, hall and wood in the lineup. We're going to give people fits

Zelmo

Jun 18, 2012
Woodstock, GA
To be fair. Wood might be the fastest skater in the league, he isn't ordinary fast.

I think Wood is a very fast skater but I do t think he's fastest in the league. I'd LOVE to see him go up against the top guys like Larkin or up against a McDavid to see where just how he does.

Getting back to McLeod, would the consensus be that he's our fastest prospect (not including Wood)? How are guys like Speers and Bastian when it comes to their speed. I know being fast doesn't mean anything if the rest of your skills are lousy. I was just wondering.

Thanks everyone for their insights/opinions.

John Pedro

Feb 6, 2014
São Paulo
McLeod scores again! beauty given and go pass by the Sauga then a nice move on the goalie.

Edit: He scores another one! Hat trick!

NjDevsRR

Anything Can Happen In Jersey
Apr 24, 2012
Belmar
I think Wood is a very fast skater but I do t think he's fastest in the league. I'd LOVE to see him go up against the top guys like Larkin or up against a McDavid to see where just how he does.

Getting back to McLeod, would the consensus be that he's our fastest prospect (not including Wood)? How are guys like Speers and Bastian when it comes to their speed. I know being fast doesn't mean anything if the rest of your skills are lousy. I was just wondering.

Thanks everyone for their insights/opinions.
As far as video evidence goes Miles Wood is the the fastest in the NHL. He beat everyone by many frames, somekne on the main boards did the research.

Mike27Devils

Apr 24, 2015
What a game for Mcleod 3 goals and 2 assists 1st star! His face-offs were actually 4 for 14 which is peculiar for him. He's usually at a ratio of 60% face-off wins.

Zippy316

aka Zippo
Aug 17, 2012
New Jersey
What a game for Mcleod 3 goals and 2 assists 1st star! His face-offs were actually 4 for 14 which is peculiar for him. He's usually at a ratio of 60% face-off wins.

https://twitter.com/McNaughtTodd/status/824064652749537280

https://twitter.com/McNaughtTodd/status/824074214621724674

https://twitter.com/McNaughtTodd/status/824075162731560960

Link to all 3 goals. Don't want to embed considering it'll take up so much space.

DevsFan30

Oct 21, 2004
New York
Tuesday's Activity:

OHL:
Michael McLeod - hat trick, 2 assists, +5, 3 shots, won 4 of 14 draws, 1st star in Mississauga's 6-1 win at Ottawa
Nathan Bastian - E, 1 shot, won 9 of 16 draws for Mississauga

NCAA:
JD Dudek - 1 goal, +1, 2 shots, 2nd star in #13 Boston College's 2-1 win vs. Connecticut
*10th goal of the season

Brett Seney - -1, 2 PIM (cross-check), 2 shots in Merrimack's 3-1 win vs. #1 Boston University

Oneiro

Mar 28, 2013
Mcleod was apparently the fastest guy in last years draft also...it's going to be great with him, hall and wood in the lineup. We're going to give people fits

If Gignac makes the big show too...whoa, it will be hilarious when the New Jersey Devils are the fastest team in the league.

MichaelJ

May 20, 2013
If Gignac makes the big show too...whoa, it will be hilarious when the New Jersey Devils are the fastest team in the league.

Except for an ice cold November Gignac has had a really impressive season, scoring at 30+ goal, 110 point pace

Feed Me A Stray Cat

Mar 27, 2005
Boston, MA
Tuesday's Activity:

OHL:
Michael McLeod - hat trick, 2 assists, +5, 3 shots, won 4 of 14 draws, 1st star in Mississauga's 6-1 win at Ottawa
Nathan Bastian - E, 1 shot, won 9 of 16 draws for Mississauga

NCAA:
JD Dudek - 1 goal, +1, 2 shots, 2nd star in #13 Boston College's 2-1 win vs. Connecticut
*10th goal of the season

Brett Seney - -1, 2 PIM (cross-check), 2 shots in Merrimack's 3-1 win vs. #1 Boston University

Great game by McLeod.

Don't look now, but Dudek is tied for second on BC in goals. I suspect he's been a beneficiary of ice time and linemates, but he's doing more than this season than I ever thought he was capabale of. He's also tied for second on the team in SOG.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad