Prospect Info: CHL, NCAA & European Prospects Thread | Part III

Status
Not open for further replies.

Czech Trio

Aug 29, 2009
Kujawinski, Pietila, and Coleman will all need contracts unless they aren't in NJ's plans. I think Kujawinski's been something lacking in this organization: A strong, quick scoring center.

This from a while ago but it goes to show Kujawinski has the potential @ 2:15

I would keep Santini at BC. I think he has physically mastered any college competition but the numbers game is against him in Albany. Hrbarenka, Kelly, Scarlett, and Burlon are all under contract for next year plus Helgeson/McPherson will probably be back. Plus, this gives Santini the opportunity to eat huge minutes and be absolutely ready to jump into pro hockey in 2 years.

Last edited:

Jason MacIsaac

Jan 13, 2004
Halifax, NS
Santini has nothing left to prove at the college level. He is pro quick and strong. Let him continue to develop against bigger faster forwards in the AHL.

Ryan Kujawinski is going to have to battle the numbers playing against him. He isn't a PPG player in the CHL in his +2 season so one would have to think his max potential is a 20/15 player based on the numbers.

Might as well compare to Adam Henrique since they are similar players.

Henrique had .466 goals per game in the OHL
Kujawinski has .39 goals per game in the OHL

Era has a small effect on this but Henrique clearly is the better junior scorer, which is a scary thought to consider. NJ has to get better at developing players.

JimEIV

Feb 19, 2003
Santini has nothing left to prove at the college level. He is pro quick and strong. Let him continue to develop against bigger faster forwards in the AHL.

Ryan Kujawinski is going to have to battle the numbers playing against him. He isn't a PPG player in the CHL in his +2 season so one would have to think his max potential is a 20/15 player based on the numbers.

Era has a small effect on this but Henrique clearly is the better junior scorer, which is a scary thought to consider. NJ has to get better at developing players.
How much consideration, if any, do you give to multiple injuries during the course of a junior career?

Not necessarily in this case but in general.

Cheddabombs

Status Quo
Mar 13, 2012

I thought I remember reading that Kuja's former team wasn't the best for him or he wasn't in the right place to be consistent, or something to that effect. Because his numbers in North Bay have been pretty good despite it only being a short stint thus far.

Kurt Cobain

Mar 30, 2004
Nice. Proud of how he's performed in the playoffs so far.

Yeah I'm hoping a big playoff year from him will be a big boost to his confidence going into next season. Obviously everyone was disappointed by John's offensive output this past season so next season is going to be huge for him. I'm hoping for 1.25ppg season from him next season. He's already got size and two way ability so if he can put it together offensively we can be looking at a very solid prospect going forward.

Hockey Sports Fan

Registered Loser
Sponsor
Jun 30, 2010
Connecticut
I thought I remember reading that Kuja's former team wasn't the best for him or he wasn't in the right place to be consistent, or something to that effect. Because his numbers in North Bay have been pretty good despite it only being a short stint thus far.

His numbers have been pretty good in North Bay. But "pretty good" is really on the low end when you're looking at NHLers that played their 20-year-old season in juniors. The fact that he struggled to get to a PPG at all really isn't a great sign. He's still got a lot of potential, but it's gonna take a massive uptick in his development to make him anything more than a potential depth player.

Now that doesn't mean that he won't be valuable. Strong depth players are valuable. But until he shows more, expectations really shouldn't be too high for the kid.

Devils1029

Jun 19, 2008
Henrique played with Taylor Hall so I'm not sure how much that impacts his PPG numbers from junior in comparison to Kujawinski. Always heard he had the talent but lacked the consistency - this is very typical with young players. Heck, can anyone say that Henrique is consistent?

My question is does Kuja translate to a center in the NHL? I'd always thought of him as more of a winger once he hit the big leagues.

The Great Dame

Goose will be loose
Jan 3, 2008
NJ

I wouldn't limit kujawinski to a 20/15 guy just yet based on his numbers. Heck he's even been compared to Ryan Getzlaf earlier in his career and he was barely a PPG player in juniors!
No I'm not saying Kujawinski will be Ryan Getzlaf, rather the numbers on a project pick like Kujawinski are not that important at this stage of his career. I'm intrigued to see how he does at the pro level with men his size.
Of course this assessment is all numbers based, if you've actually seen him play I'll trust your opinion.

Czech Trio

Aug 29, 2009
Henrique had the luxury of staying with one junior team. Kujawinski has been on 3 teams throughout his junior career.

Devilsfan992

Apr 14, 2012
Blandisi is our best offensive prospect. May not be the safest, but he's the best. Better than Boucher, Matteau, Quenneville. Wood is the only other who may have a higher ceiling.

You heard it here first folks. Feel free to roast me.. he's an overager blah blah.

Great Skating - Check
Great Shot - Check
Hockey IQ - Check
Great Passer - Check
Great Defense - Check
Power Kill - Check

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad