GDT: Chicago @ Nashville - Thursday, December 29, 2016 - 7pm

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mass

Feb 18, 2013
Baltimore, MD
Bad penalty or not, that 3rd goal felt kind of weak from Rinne. Made a few nice saves throughout the game, but that one felt kinda cheesy.

hockey diva

RIP Pred303
Sponsor
May 17, 2010
Beleriand
I managed to keep hold of my temper until after the game when the stupid hawks fans wouldn't leave. They kept standing around, taking pictures and being azzhats. And there were waay too many of them. Not going to the next Chitago game.

At least there was only one small group of dickwads cheering during the national anthem.

Towes is now Captain Whiner. He was complaining after every penalty.

I thought we played well until that bogus call. However, both of their pp goals were due in part to Rinne being screened. The D needs to start clearing the crease more. The candy Kane goal was just a dagger. Hate that little punk.

AdmiralsFan24

Mar 22, 2011
Wisconsin
Bad penalty or not, that 3rd goal felt kind of weak from Rinne. Made a few nice saves throughout the game, but that one felt kinda cheesy.

I thought so too. Then I looked at the replay and it looked like Kane was just looking off, looking to pass, probably as a fake out and then just ripped a shot. Probably should've been stopped but also could've easily been taken off of Kane's stick had Josi not gone down so early.

twig

Dec 8, 2013
Wilson and smith are absolutely useless.
Trade them both for a bag of pucks.

Marty Party

Back @ The Bridge
Mar 2, 2012
Nashville
ace.mu.nu
Toes has been complaining after whistles for years. It's his thing. That's what he does. The refs probably just look at him and mentally put his proses in the Toes pile.

"Yep, that's going in the pile"..."What did you say cap?"

klt2001

Mar 27, 2011
Wilson and smith are absolutely useless.
Trade them both for a bag of pucks.

I would trade Smith over Wilson. Even though Wilson seems to disappear and doesn't score alot at least Wilson seems to make great plays or passes from time to time and was a beast in the playoffs. Smith just seems to disappear for long periods of time and tends to make bone head moves. If he can get back to his 20 goals this year like the past three years then I would be okay w/ him but seems like he is having an off year this year or at least a slow year this year. But I agree Wilson needs to step up his game too as he is under performing, especially w/ the amount of money we are paying them. Forsberg seems to be picking it up lately.

Last edited:

klt2001

Mar 27, 2011
Maybe we just need Matt Cullen, Paul Gaustad, Olli Jokinen, and Nystrom back on the team :)

sparkle twin

Jul 31, 2002
Smashville, TN
**** that other team. **** the refs. **** their goalie. Proof there is no such thing as hockey gods or hockey karma.

I'm still so angry.

Ellis might be my new favorite player.

These calls were some of the worst I have ever seen. Meanwhile, Joey gets his stick slashed halfway down the ice, no call. Clear too many men, no call. Trip our players in the neutral zone and behind the goal or interfere with our players, penalty on us.

It's a damn shame, we were the better team for most of the game.

Hope Neal is able to play tomorrow.

BonMorrison

Jun 17, 2011
Toronto, ON
Josi has been hung out to dry on so many odd man rushes this year that you'd think he'd be better at defending them at this point. If you got Josi as the one man back on an odd man rush, it's pretty much a guaranteed goal.

klt2001

Mar 27, 2011
My advice to Josi would be to just pick a man to cover and cover that man and let Rinne worry about taking care of the other person on these odd man rushes instead of trying to cover both or more opponents and end up not covering anybody and leaving Rinne out to dry. If anybody he should have covered, it should have been Kane of all people. Instead he went more towards the middle and didn't cover anybody. He did the same thing on the last game. Both times costing us.

Last edited:

Scoresberg

In Trotz We Trust?
May 28, 2015
Earth
I would trade Smith over Wilson. Even though Wilson seems to disappear and doesn't score alot at least Wilson seems to make great plays or passes from time to time and was a beast in the playoffs. Smith just seems to disappear for long periods of time and tends to make bone head moves. If he can get back to his 20 goals this year like the past three years then I would be okay w/ him but seems like he is having an off year this year or at least a slow year this year. But I agree Wilson needs to step up his game too as he is under performing, especially w/ the amount of money we are paying them. Forsberg seems to be picking it up lately.

Good post. 100% agreed.

bdub24

iNsErT bAnNeR jOkE hErE
Sponsor
Mar 4, 2013
La la land
I managed to keep hold of my temper until after the game when the stupid hawks fans wouldn't leave. They kept standing around, taking pictures and being azzhats. And there were waay too many of them. Not going to the next Chitago game.

At least there was only one small group of dickwads cheering during the national anthem.

I thought we played well until that bogus call. However, both of their pp goals were due in part to Rinne being screened. The D needs to start clearing the crease more. The candy Kane goal was just a dagger. Hate that little punk.

Look at it this way. Would you be in a rush to get back to your hometown if it was the murder captial of the Western Hemisphere?

FossilFndr

RIP Steve
Jan 18, 2014
Fall Branch, Tn.
I think I've heard enough about how good Wilson was in the playoffs last year. Like it is a guarantee that he will be good in playoffs again, if we get to the playoffs. The operative word is was.

NSH615

Feb 13, 2013
**** that other team. **** the refs. **** their goalie. Proof there is no such thing as hockey gods or hockey karma.

Actually this proves there is some kind of hockey gods as Chicago keeps getting everything handed to them on a silver platter. They do not get challenged very often, maybe 5 games out of 82. Everything else is a cake walk for them.

NSH615

Feb 13, 2013
As for the Smith penalty. That should have been a 4 on 4. Penalty to Crawford for tripping, penalty to Smith for Goaltender interference. Smith had no business in the crease and Crawford had no business tripping Smith.

triggrman

Where is Hipcheck85
Sponsor
May 8, 2002
Murfreesboro, TN
hfboards.com
Being a defenseman I'm always quick to blame goaltending, it's a love hate thing....

I hate that goalies can skate out of their crease without being touched and get away with ******** like last night because they're in the crease.

There is no however or but to this statement.

That is all.

Pred303

Oct 8, 2004
Murfreesboro, Tn.
if one re-watches crawford on the smith call, he takes a peek at smith off to his left side before he sticks his leg out to cause the trip. i have zero doubt it, or the fiala non call were both caused completely on purpose by crawford. i very rarely question officiating and just take calls/non-calls as much a part of the game as the blueline, but they made an attrocious call here after just watching him try to do the same thing the shift before and making a no call.

TitansVolsPreds615

Feb 19, 2015
if one re-watches crawford on the smith call, he takes a peek at smith off to his left side before he sticks his leg out to cause the trip. i have zero doubt it, or the fiala non call were both caused completely on purpose by crawford. i very rarely question officiating and just take calls/non-calls as much a part of the game as the blueline, but they made an attrocious call here after just watching him try to do the same thing the shift before and making a no call.

I don't think anyone in the arena doubted it was intentional. That kinda stuff happens unintentionally maybe a couple times a season and it happened twice in two shifts??

KurtAngle

Mar 31, 2016

Yep, just a few cheering during the anthem. Just me, but I actually don't mind that so much as they are showing respect, but no big deal. I actually hate it when some yahoos of our fans have to holler during the anthem at times.

I didn't think there were that many Hawks fans like in the past. But, yeah, they were annoying doing that "Duh duh...." song over and over.

Just from what I saw, Neal was holding his wrist coming off the ice. I didn't see any blood coming out his nose.

Of course Crawford tripped both Fiala and Smith. But, I have to say, Smith was too close to him and you just have to know the refs will take the goalie over anyone else.

Can we please get anyone but Derwood McFarland on the radio? Talks and talks and talks and blusters and blusters and bluster, drives a point into the ground. Just loves to hear his voice on the radio. How could they ever let Tom Callahan go for the John Sterling of Nashville?

And will someone start showing the other team they can't pick on little Arvy? He gets picked on like no other and nobody does much about it.

Can't wait till Tuesday to see Weber and Radulov! And, yes, we miss Weber a lot.

Drake744

#manrocket
Feb 12, 2010
Nashville
Yep, just a few cheering during the anthem. Just me, but I actually don't mind that so much as they are showing respect, but no big deal. I actually hate it when some yahoos of our fans have to holler during the anthem at times.

I didn't think there were that many Hawks fans like in the past. But, yeah, they were annoying doing that "Duh duh...." song over and over.

Just from what I saw, Neal was holding his wrist coming off the ice. I didn't see any blood coming out his nose.

Of course Crawford tripped both Fiala and Smith. But, I have to say, Smith was too close to him and you just have to know the refs will take the goalie over anyone else.

Can we please get anyone but Derwood McFarland on the radio? Talks and talks and talks and blusters and blusters and bluster, drives a point into the ground. Just loves to hear his voice on the radio. How could they ever let Tom Callahan go for the John Sterling of Nashville?

And will someone start showing the other team they can't pick on little Arvy? He gets picked on like no other and nobody does much about it.

Can't wait till Tuesday to see Weber and Radulov! And, yes, we miss Weber a lot.
- I actually thought their fans were fine for the most part. I even got a few "excuse me's" from some people decked out in Hawks gear. They were pretty respectful from where I was and I honestly think we have a preconceived notion about Hawks fans that lead a lot of people to think they're annoying and loud and obnoxious even if they really aren't. I thought they were just an away crowd with a lot of people, which will always be loud no matter what. If they were wearing Penguins jerseys instead of Hawks jerseys no one would care. In theory I think it's dumb but the movement of trying to do what they can to keep their fans out has either worked pretty well, or at the least seems to have kept the obnoxious level a lot lower.

-The "duh duh duh" song is Chelsea Dagger by The Fratellis. I'm ashamed of it but I actually like it. (It was #93 on my top 100 listened to songs of 2016 playlist on Spotify. Oops)

- Crawford defintely tripped them. No doubt.

- I think Callahan voluntarily left for personal or family reasons. Go figure, we get a real hockey guy who's talented as hell and he steps down by choice.

- No, we can't stand up for Arvy because we have no one capable of it.

- How friggin awkward will it be on Tuesday when PK is in the building, and hopefully playing, then the house comes down when the Weber tribute comes. Then on top of that, Radulov will probably get booed. Should be interesting.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad