GDT: Chicago at Buffalo, 1:00 PM EST MSG-B, WGN, NHLN

Ralonzo

Я хочу!
Nov 6, 2006
Virginia
This may draw certain opinions list flies, but there are lot of analytics people who are pointing to the death of the slap shot as a weapon from the point. Teams that are generating most of their points from the blueline without slappers.
Or at least they do it with slappers that don't need to be winched up like a trebuchet

sabrebuild

Apr 21, 2014
Pittsburgh
I'm getting the national (WGN broadcast) feed and had no idea what you were talking about until I rewound and saw just in the corner of the screen Seabrook bring the elbow up into Girgensons face. No mention at all of the play, no replay, no notice of Girgensons being out although I was wondering why Wilson was out with Eichel next shift.

Poor work, Chicago.

The Buffalo cameras saw it, but I don’t think the broadcast mentioned it except to say he was going down the tunnel.

joshjull

Aug 2, 2005
Hamburg,NY
This may draw certain opinions list flies, but there are lot of analytics people who are pointing to the death of the slap shot as a weapon from the point. Teams that are generating most of their points from the blueline without slappers.

I would even say common sense says is not the more effective way to get the puck through. In Marco’s case it’s made worse with his reach for the stars wind up.

Reactions: Chainshot

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
How many concussions is that for Girgs now? Had a couple, including the sucker punch thing, in the AHL and has had a few in the NHL.

Der Jaeger

Generational EBUG
Feb 14, 2009
Cair Paravel
Might work. We could see them sift in all the Cerberus guys next opener, just to go with the low-hanging fruit and keep roster depth in-house. I'm not eager to see Botts throw Moulson money at wingers to fill in the top 6. Or the third line. Or the fourth line.

Bleh. Where's my coffee...

Agree. I think Baptiste has a bottom 6 future, and Fasching has a top 9 net front presence future. I don't see a spot for Bailey.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Granada vs Osasuna
    Granada vs Osasuna
    Wagers: 2
    Staked: $20.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Rennes vs Brest
    Rennes vs Brest
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $61.00