Proposal: Chi - Pit (Blockbuster)

Shootertooter

Feb 20, 2016
**** NO, I don't want that pos Kane in a Penguins jersey ever. No thanks, Chicago can keep that guy, even if Malkin blows a knee cap and the Hawks still want him and offer Kane, I'd rather keep Malkin.

This is an absolute non-starter. NO.

Forgive me but didn't you guys employ Matt Cooke for a while? At least Kane was exonerated of all charges. Cooke was pretty much a POS.

Shady Machine

Aug 6, 2010
Maybe I'm the minority but I value Malkin higher then Kane based on his overall value. He plays a premium position and is 2m cheaper on the cap.

Kane is a hell of a player, but I'll take the elite centre every day of the week.

I agree but I think age and injuries need to factor into this as well. Kane is 2 years younger and seems to avoid nagging injuries more than Malkin (at least from a games played perspective).

Overall their values are pretty similar. Kane's age, health, and recent career trajectory (1.13PPG over last 3 seasons vs Malkin's 1.02PPG) gives him the edge IMO. Neither team does a deal like this because they love the player they have.

Shady Machine

Aug 6, 2010
Why would they need to score 40? Panarin and Anisimov combined to score 50 last season. Can't imagine playing on the top PP with Crosby would hurt his point total either. I have little doubt Kane would out score Malkin if they switched teams....even if Malkin played all 82 games.

I guess it depends who Kane would play with. If it's Crosby, then yes I agree. If the Pens want to still have 3 scoring lines, then it's Eric Fehr and Chris Kunitz. That's quite the drop in linemate quality.

McNuge

Dec 17, 2010
Cambridge Ontario
No way in hell does Pitts do this... Just look at there numbers. Kane is an "elite" winger with 1 season (this last one) with over 90 points, ONE. I don't even think he is in the same category as Malkin. especially with that new contract.

21mil between Toews and Kane will be the demise of the Hawks.

Chris99

Jul 5, 2016
No way in hell does Pitts do this... Just look at there numbers. Kane is an "elite" winger with 1 season (this last one) with over 90 points, ONE. I don't even think he is in the same category as Malkin. especially with that new contract.

21mil between Toews and Kane will be the demise of the Hawks.

How many 90 point seasons does Malkin have since signing his 10 mil a year contract three years ago?

Tatar

Mar 26, 2011
FL300
Only team Kane waves his NMC for is Buffalo. In which case Reinhart or Ristolainen would have to come back.

Chris99

Jul 5, 2016
Only team Kane waves his NMC for is Buffalo. In which case Reinhart or Ristolainen would have to come back.

As a Sabres fan, I don't want Kane, unless Chicago takes Evander Kane and Tyler Ennis for him.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad