mhstudios

May 23, 2013
Pittsburgh, PA
To Chicago

Malkin
Rust

To Pittsburgh

Kane

I putted Rust to the deal to even out the trade and cap wise as well. I would say Kane has more value right now, but Rust would even it out.

I know this trade would never happen, but think about it as a value standpoint.

Toby Flenderson

Jun 4, 2015
I'm a Pitt fan but I would love to see Kane and Malkin play together, even if it's on Chicago. Toews+Panarin for Malkin+Pouliot would be my ask just so the sport of hockey could witness greatness

bleedblue1223

Jan 21, 2011
I'm a Pitt fan but I would love to see Kane and Malkin play together, even if it's on Chicago. Toews+Panarin for Malkin+Pouliot would be my ask just so the sport of hockey could witness greatness

That's even worse for Chicago.

PensFreak

Jun 5, 2007
Kane has more value than Malkin right now.... But why does Pitt want to trade away two of the biggest pieces of the Stanley Cup victory?

Lemieuxs

Nov 23, 2013
I choose to keep the more talented and cheaper option who also has a clean police record.

wgknestrick

Aug 14, 2012
I don't see either ream being desperate enough to make this trade.

I'd rather keep malkin + rust

sparxx87

Don Quixote
Jan 5, 2010
Toronto
Maybe I'm the minority but I value Malkin higher then Kane based on his overall value. He plays a premium position and is 2m cheaper on the cap.

Kane is a hell of a player, but I'll take the elite centre every day of the week.

slappipappi

Jul 22, 2010
Maybe I'm the minority but I value Malkin higher then Kane based on his overall value. He plays a premium position and is 2m cheaper on the cap.

Kane is a hell of a player, but I'll take the elite centre every day of the week.

Malkin is more than 2 years older than Kane, that makes a big difference at this stage of their careers.

And Malkin is only $1M cheaper, not $2M.

But it's a foolish thread, neither team would make the trade. Both teams have won multiple Stanley Cups with their player, what is the incentive to move either?

It's hard to value truly elite players. let's just say they are both great, without trying to figure out who may be a touch better. Because at the end of the day, each is more valuable to its current team than in a trade.

SEALBound

Fancy Gina Carano
Sponsor
Jun 13, 2010
Hard no from the Penguins. Generational centers >>>> Wing that had one good year and is making 10.5 per year.

Hard, hard NO from the Penguins. Not happening today, tomorrow, or next year, or any year for that matter.

Russian Factor

Jan 8, 2015
Pittsburgh
It's certainly understandable to think that Patrick Kane is more valuable than Evgeni Malkin if you were in a coma for several years and only just woke up from it last year

COHawk

Sep 16, 2015
Hard no from the Penguins. Generational centers >>>> Wing that had one good year and is making 10.5 per year.

Hard, hard NO from the Penguins. Not happening today, tomorrow, or next year, or any year for that matter.

Come on now :help:

He's been PPG the last 4 straight seasons, and 6 out of the last 7. And if you want to talk about his shortened seasons, then let's remember who we are comparing him to.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad