Confirmed with Link: [CHI/DAL] Sharp & Johns traded to Stars for Daley & Garbutt Part 2

needle

Apr 30, 2012
I remember waiting on this trade while on vacation since Sharp had to get dumped due to Stan Bowman's cap ineptitude. A lot of guys were pissed we had to ship Johns as well since he was one of our better D prospects. He turned out to be a bust like all of the Hawks D prospects from back then. Sharp ended up having one year of prime left.

Hawks didn't do anything with the guys they got back. No surprise at all for a Stan Bowman cap dump trade. Although Daley did go back to back with the Penguins.

Toews2Bickell

It's Showtime
Nov 24, 2013
I remember waiting on this trade while on vacation since Sharp had to get dumped due to Stan Bowman's cap ineptitude. A lot of guys were pissed we had to ship Johns as well since he was one of our better D prospects. He turned out to be a bust like all of the Hawks D prospects from back then. Sharp ended up having one year of prime left.

Hawks didn't do anything with the guys they got back. No surprise at all for a Stan Bowman cap dump trade. Although Daley did go back to back with the Penguins.

weird thing about the deal was they only saved like 1.5m in cap space, same for the anisimov for saad deal...there might've been ways to keep that team in tact if they played hardball with saad and kept sharp until that situation were resolved

x Tame Impala

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 24, 2011
weird thing about the deal was they only saved like 1.5m in cap space, same for the anisimov for saad deal...there might've been ways to keep that team in tact if they played hardball with saad and kept sharp until that situation were resolved

They’d have been better off just getting a couple mid round picks for him

Reactions: Toews2Bickell

Dumpster Flyers

Jun 21, 2006

Johns was decent until concussions ruined his career.

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland
I remember the talk at draft that year about several teams interested but Bowman held onto him because he wanted more then what was offered and those teams then went and got other top 6 options and Hawks were left scrambling and ultimately this debacle happened

Reactions: Toews2Bickell

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad