Confirmed with Link: [CHI/DAL] Sharp & Johns traded to Stars for Daley & Garbutt Part 2

here come the

Mar 25, 2013
The young, talented players aren't there on defense. We're down to Pokka. We have 3 nhl defenseman. Daley stinks defensively. Maybe we'll sign a rozy to be a 6-7, but this team will get lit up.

Noted. We'll be sure to discuss this in the future when the Hawks are getting lit up. Also good to know that the "Rundblad isn't an NHL defensemen" camp is still going strong.

Salvaged Ship

Oct 9, 2013
We are going to get lit up because we lose Oduya and Rozsival....... Are we weakened losing Oduya? Yes. Lit up? C,mon

slappipappi

Jul 22, 2010
I'm having trouble understanding how the Hawks will ton from leading the NHL in GAA to "getting lit up" by simply losing Oduya (assumed and he even had a terrible regular season ) and some prospects who likely weren't going to make the team, and that's with adding Daley and a full season from TVR.

hawksrule

Lot of brains but no polish
May 18, 2014
Noted. We'll be sure to discuss this in the future when the Hawks are getting lit up. Also good to know that the "Rundblad isn't an NHL defensemen" camp is still going strong.

Rundblad? You serious? He's awful, slow, timid, terrible defensively.

'Don't worry guys, we have Rundblad.' :biglaugh::biglaugh:

hawksrule

May 18, 2014
I'm having trouble understanding how the Hawks will ton from leading the NHL in GAA to "getting lit up" by simply losing Oduya (assumed and he even had a terrible regular season ) and some prospects who likely weren't going to make the team, and that's with adding Daley and a full season from TVR.

We played 4.5 defenseman in the playoffs. It's not sustainable. Now we're down to three, plus an unproven tvr. It won't surprise me if Q won't even trust Daley enough to play him come playoffs. He's that bad.

And let's not forget we've lost two good defensive forwards. Are Dano or panarin defensively responsible? Anyone know?

hawksfan50

Feb 27, 2002
Dailey stinks defensively if you only look at last year..Prior to that 6 straight years he was positive 8n the plus/minus...And not having g the benefit of a CC in net or a Hammer to bail him.out..

I am sure Q will get him to be less reckless as last season...so do not expect 16 goals and 38 points from him again. .but he should get us in the 27-30 range of points ..which 8s about triple what Oduya brought..And if he gives us +5 ...that too is all the great Oduya brought..And even if you think Dailey is just Rundblad in the d-zone...Rundblad was +17 with us..So clearly playing with Chicago 0layers does not bring any -13 Dmen. .It is not going to be the catastrophe some are lamenting..I predict Dailey will be positive in the plus/minus and get us 9-10 goals and 27-30 points...More if he gets first PP unit ahead of Keith.Will he lead the new PP? Do not know.19 22 30 45
BTW..to make the new PP better it is time geezer Hossa be taken off that duty..Time to give our wonderfully skilled kids shot at the scoring roles.

Last edited:

Sarava

May 9, 2010
West Dundee, IL
We played 4.5 defenseman in the playoffs. It's not sustainable. Now we're down to three, plus an unproven tvr. It won't surprise me if Q won't even trust Daley enough to play him come playoffs. He's that bad.

And let's not forget we've lost two good defensive forwards. Are Dano or panarin defensively responsible? Anyone know?

Gonna be interesting what we get with Daley. Wasn't it said that Ruff told him to be really aggressive last year, which led to a lot of the goals against? I would imagine the Hawks would have him reel that back in a bit?

Easton Modano Curve

Jun 19, 2013
Chicago

Columbus fans said Dano is responsible defensively for whatever that's worth.

ndgt10

Jul 3, 2009
Poland
Can we rename the thread title "Dallas trade" and take the names out? Hate seeing the Hawks get fleeced with that thread title.

Illinihockey

Jun 15, 2010

Anisamov is a much better defensive player than Richards

HockeySauce

Jan 26, 2011
True, but not better than Vermette. That's a break-even at best.

Gonna go ahead and say he'll be better offensively though.

If they re-sign Kruger and dump Versteeg:

Panarin - Toews - Hossa
Teravainen - Anisimov - Kane
Dano - Kruger - Shaw
Bickell - Desjardins - Tikhonov
Garbutt

Keith - Hammer
Daley - Seabrook
Roszival (800K) - TvR
Rundblad

Crawford
Darling

Think that team would be slightly over the cap.

hawksrule

May 18, 2014
Gonna go ahead and say he'll be better offensively though.

If they re-sign Kruger and dump Versteeg:

Panarin - Toews - Hossa
Teravainen - Anisimov - Kane
Dano - Kruger - Shaw
Bickell - Desjardins - Tikhonov
Garbutt

Keith - Hammer
Daley - Seabrook
Roszival (800K) - TvR
Rundblad

Crawford
Darling

Think that team would be slightly over the cap.

That defense outside the top 3 is fugly.

Sensible, I missed your take after the Saad trade. What are your thoughts on Dano, if you don't mind repeating?

giza

Jul 19, 2011
Once Bickell is unloaded, I think the grit factor on the forward side will be distributed nicely. If the Hawks could get an Engelland type guy for a #6 or 7, I'll feel a lot better. Gerbutt will player a bigger role than folks realize. I could see him with Ansimov and Kane and Shaw with Teravainen and Panarin. There's a bunch of skill here, but not the guys to go get the puck in the corners. Way too much passivity so teams will dare the Hawks to dump and fetch. This team lacks jam in a serious way and it will cost them dearly.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad