Checkers III: The Age of Ulf

Status
Not open for further replies.

WreckingCrew

Feb 4, 2015
Against Toronto win 6-4...Zykov had quite a game with 2G-2A

EDIT: Originally had us coming back from a 2-0 deficit, had that backwards, we were up 2-0 to start...fixed

Last edited:
Reactions: Unsustainable

NotOpie

"Puck don't lie"
Jun 12, 2006
North Carolina
And after all the flack @NotOpie took for his "Chris Terry will score 40" stance, he was one of the only ones that rated Foegele as highly as he did. He'll get to have his own "eat crow sunshine" moment.

Well when you have a Chris Terry moment, it is kinda special...and thanks so much for remembering. :thumbu:

The thing that I like about McLovin is "he sticks his nose in"....he's got good size and knows how to use it to get himself in position...that and the fact that he's fast as lightening. My sense was that he has a game that "could" get him to the NHL sooner than later. He's never going to be a 1st liner, but 3rd liner w/scoring upside seems to be his ticket to the show.

Adding to the Zykov and Wallmark comments...where those guys seem to make the grade is in how their games translate to the next level. Wallmark has great vision which leads to his pedigree as a good distributor. His coach in Sweden commented one time that "if we could only get him to shoot", because he had an under-rated shot. During the playoffs in his last season with Lulea, he potted 7 goals on his way to 9 points in 11 games. His coach had a bit of an "I told you so" moment. He's also quite good in the FO circle. Zykov plays a simple, heavy game and he, too has deceptive speed. He's always been known as having a wicked wrister. Despite Saarela, Gauthier, and to a lesser extent, Roy getting all the "next in line" hype. Wallmark and Zykove, to me, are the most ready and probably the most likely early season call ups should injury or slump surface.

geehaad

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 24, 2006
There's been eyebrows raised at Gauthier getting benched, but last thing I heard was that he is injured. And Saarela only has played 3 games...is he injured?

Novacane

Jan 25, 2012
Raleigh, NC

WreckingCrew

Feb 4, 2015
Well when you have a Chris Terry moment, it is kinda special...and thanks so much for remembering. :thumbu:

The thing that I like about McLovin is "he sticks his nose in"....he's got good size and knows how to use it to get himself in position...that and the fact that he's fast as lightening. My sense was that he has a game that "could" get him to the NHL sooner than later. He's never going to be a 1st liner, but 3rd liner w/scoring upside seems to be his ticket to the show.

Adding to the Zykov and Wallmark comments...where those guys seem to make the grade is in how their games translate to the next level. Wallmark has great vision which leads to his pedigree as a good distributor. His coach in Sweden commented one time that "if we could only get him to shoot", because he had an under-rated shot. During the playoffs in his last season with Lulea, he potted 7 goals on his way to 9 points in 11 games. His coach had a bit of an "I told you so" moment. He's also quite good in the FO circle. Zykov plays a simple, heavy game and he, too has deceptive speed. He's always been known as having a wicked wrister. Despite Saarela, Gauthier, and to a lesser extent, Roy getting all the "next in line" hype. Wallmark and Zykove, to me, are the most ready and probably the most likely early season call ups should injury or slump surface.

My thoughts too on Zykov and Walmart. Honestly at this point i say send Necas back to CZE, Kooks down to Charlotte and give those two an NHL look soon.

EDIT: Still a bit early, but at the current rate I say within 10-15 games Booth may earn a shot at the AHL level, Ned seems too inconsistent still...comes out too far to give up rebounds. He's good it seems at making the first save but gets burnt on rebounds because he's so far out he can't get back in time

Cardiac Jerks

Asinine & immoral
Jan 13, 2006
Long Sault, Ontario
My thoughts too on Zykov and Walmart. Honestly at this point i say send Necas back to CZE, Kooks down to Charlotte and give those two an NHL look soon.

EDIT: Still a bit early, but at the current rate I say within 10-15 games Booth may earn a shot at the AHL level, Ned seems too inconsistent still...comes out too far to give up rebounds. He's good it seems at making the first save but gets burnt on rebounds because he's so far out he can't get back in time

Wonder if him coming out so far has something to do with his lack of size. That was always the biggest knock against him around his draft year. Haven't seen much at all of him since he turned pro, though.

Reactions: Unsustainable

CandyCanes

Caniac turned Jerkiac
Jan 8, 2015
Checkers win 5-1 tonight and move to 6-2-0 for the season.

Wallmark, Zykov, Miller, PDG, and Foegele are all nearly playing at a point per game so far. Wallmark notably has 12 pts in 8 games.

WreckingCrew

Feb 4, 2015
Seems like every time we play a team back to back nights we kick ass one night and get destroyed one night.. Inconsistent 6-3-0 better than 4-4-2 though. My family reported needaspellcheck was excellent Saturday night...assuming Smith was in net today. Also thought I saw Gauthier got a goal

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad