Confirmed with Link: Charlie Lindgren Signs 3-Year 1-Way Contract Extension ($750,000 AAV)

Paul Dipietro

Dec 16, 2009
Why get engaged on a 3 year 1 way contract with a rookie goalie?

Is Price’s injury more serious than they thought?
At least he has #1 potential unlike the last few backups we signed to multi year contracts

And there's absolutely nothing wrong with locking up a young guy. Some would even say it's good asset management (especially if it's at a decent price)

DramaticGloveSave

Voice of Reason
Apr 17, 2017
Nice. This really gives us some flexibility. I'd trade Price if possible, but if not, Lindgren should be a great backup who can keep Price fresh through the season next year. It also makes Lindgren a more valuable trade chip if say a year from now he looks like a potential starter.

Reactions: c3z4r

sheed36

Jan 8, 2005
No Man's Land
I guess he's Price's backup for the next 3 seasons. Habs deep in goalies. The Primeau kid looks to be a good one in the future as well. Also McNiven. Now go find some good center prospects.

Reactions: c3z4r

Slipknot

Lion King
Nov 15, 2017
Price or Lindgren, I would pick Charlie. I mean obviously we are going to rebuild and we could start with the obvious trade of our star Goalie.

Then again, we would have to retain a lot of Price contract to bait other teams.

Reactions: habsgirl5000

Pacciosoftie

Curved Dach
Oct 26, 2017
Nice. This really gives us some flexibility. I'd trade Price if possible, but if not, Lindgren should be a great backup who can keep Price fresh through the season next year. It also makes Lindgren a more valuable trade chip if say a year from now he looks like a potential starter.
If he starts to look like a starter why not eventually trade price? To me this move is to sort of give Price a kick in the ass and to motivate him to stay on his game.

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
Laine graines is hopefully going to be our Talbot.

If Lindgren can get Habs a 2nd, a 3rd, and a 7th in a trade like Talbot got the Rangers from the Oilers, it would be amazing.

Amazing extension though. 3 years for 750k is very cheap.

His cap hit remains the same as it was this year for his 1-year deal. Very good to lock him up a few more years. Let the youth movement carry on.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad