Confirmed with Link: Charlie Lindgren Signs 3-Year 1-Way Contract Extension ($750,000 AAV)

Deebs

There's no easy way out
Feb 5, 2014
Niemmi to Philly or Calgary for who or what? A mid round pick?

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
Well the timing of this makes one think that Price could be gone at or before the deadline.Rebuild time .Sounds good to me

This to me says two things:

- Niemi is gone by deadline, they bring Lindgren up from now (giving the net in Laval to Fucale and McNiven, thus ending the three-goalie crap in Laval).

- Niemi will be left to ride the year out, they let him walk as a UFA and they give Lindgren the back up job as of next year.

I don't think this has any bearing on Price.

Reactions: Captain Wolverine

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012

This was the blind squirrel that found the broken clock thing. Now, let's wait for the other shoe to drop, cause there's bound to be one.

Lindgren should be getting the call in a few days, as soon as Aunty Niemi is dealt.

Reactions: sheed36

justafan22

Jun 22, 2014
With price's contract it's the best option they have for a backup as any decent one will cost more than 2 million which is when the habs bow out.

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
This was the blind squirrel that found the broken clock thing. Now, let's wait for the other shoe to drop, cause there's bound to be one.

Lindgren should be getting the call in a few days, as soon as Aunty Niemi is dealt.

Brian Elliot is out for 5-6 weeks due to surgery. Not sure what they're goaltending situation is like. Maybe Habs and Flyers can find a deal for Niemi.

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
Maybe can work something around Price and Weber for Talbot, Lucic, Sekera. Obviously more pieces would need to be added.

I'll take Price and Weber over Talbot, Lucic, and Sekera to be honest.

Not to mention, as much of a dream this is, if Habs are serious in pursuing Tavares should he test free agency, Price and Weber have to be here as they can be two reasons why JT would choose Habs.

Reactions: Captain Wolverine

sheed36

Jan 8, 2005
No Man's Land

The majority of Hab fans are afraid of the other shoe dropping with the deadline less than 2 weeks away with this management in place. So many MB mistakes needing fixing by the guy that made these mistakes in the first place. Buckle up. :)

Just to be clear though I want to go on the record as saying that this was a good MB move and I don't always crap on him and here is the proof. :)

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
good signing, he will be Price's backup next year.

Depending what they do with Niemi, he may end up backing Price up the rest of this year, as well.

In Laval, they're having a three-way with McNiven, Fucale, and Lindgren. Should Niemi be dealt and Lindgren brought up, Laval can go back to just two goalies. This can also give Fucale one last chance to prove himself as they can make him the #1 for the Rocket and see if he's worth keeping around (or at the very least, give him some value to trade).

From the three goalies that have played for Laval, Fucale actually has the better numbers.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
Brian Elliot is out for 5-6 weeks due to surgery. Not sure what they're goaltending situation is like. Maybe Habs and Flyers can find a deal for Niemi.

Thought of exactly that when I heard the news about Elliott. Niemi is a nice bandaid for a team that hits some bad luck in the stretch.

sheed36

Jan 8, 2005
No Man's Land
Thought of exactly that when I heard the news about Elliott. Niemi is a nice bandaid for a team that hits some bad luck in the stretch.

Niemi has looked pretty good since being a Hab and reunited with Waite. Looking much better than the other teams he's been on lately anyway. Maybe Waite has him somewhat back on track again.

Reactions: Runner77

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
The majority of Hab fans are afraid of the other shoe dropping with the deadline less than 2 weeks away with this management in place. So many MB mistakes needing fixing by the guy that made these mistakes in the first place. Buckle up. :)

Just to be clear though I want to go on the record as saying that this was a good MB move and I don't always crap on him and here is the proof. :)

It's a good signing, no question -- one that most GMs will get done with a young player who is seeking security. This is a low-hanging fruit type of deal.

We're much more concerned with how he handles major trades. Or, how he mishandles them, rather.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
Niemi has looked pretty good since being a Hab and reunited with Waite. Looking much better than the other teams he's been on lately anyway. Maybe Waite has him somewhat back on track again.

We acquired Niemi from the scrap yard, added a fresh coat of paint and is now looking shiny and bright. We need a sucker or two to visit our used car lot.

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal

And his value has risen as a result. Which is why I think the best would be to trade him. He may get Habs a 6th round pick.

If that was the case, that would be some real solid asset management.

- Claim Niemi off waivers (free acquisition).
- Trade Montoya for a conditional 4th and keep Niemi (thus saving a little over 300K in cap).
- Sign the younger goalie with promise to 3 years at less than 1M)
- Trade Niemi for a pick (get a return for your free acquisition)

nhlfan9191

Aug 4, 2010
We acquired Niemi from the scrap yard, added a fresh coat of paint and is now looking shiny and bright. We need a sucker or two to visit our used car lot.

Waite may have gave him another contract. If he leaves, it’s not the same goalie he’s been the past several of years.

I think this is a good contract. I think Lindgren is a pretty good young goalie. I’m not sure what his starter upside will truly be, but at that price you can almost guarantee somebody will give him a shot to be a number 1 at some point. It may even be us if Bergevin ever trades Price.

Reactions: Runner77

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad