Confirmed with Link: Charlie Lindgren Signs 3-Year 1-Way Contract Extension ($750,000 AAV)

WinterLion

Oct 1, 2017
Lindgren's most important potential purpose for this organization is as a trade chip. Young backups to goalies that play the lion share of the games typically don't work out. That role is better suited, usually, for a veteran that's already got a lot of games under their belt.

Whatever increases Lindgren's trade value is where and how much I want him playing.

Ooops I was all wrong... I thought he needed to clear waivers next year. OK we have some time. I still hope we trade Niemi.

Habs100

Nov 6, 2013
Ooops I was all wrong... I thought he needed to clear waivers next year. OK we have some time. I still hope we trade Niemi.

It would be nice to get a pick for Niemi, but I doubt anybody will give one up for him.

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
One way contract allowed us to get a very good AAV for 3 years. Give him 20-25 games per year please! Will be interested to see the stats between him and Price during that span. Teams will be knocking on the door for Lindgren if he continues to put up good NHL stats.

Habs 4 Life

No Excuses
Mar 30, 2005
Montreal
It would be nice to get a pick for Niemi, but I doubt anybody will give one up for him.

You never know. Maybe Calgary could get desperate if Smith injuries drags a little
I would definitely try to move him if there is any interest out there, even a 7th rounder is a great return for Niemi!!!

ahmedou

DOU
Oct 7, 2017
Forgot how to vacation L'Inde Graine. Everyone counting on you to drop the ball.

Tyson

Mar 1, 2007
Texas
Imagine a scenario where Charlie Lindgren becomes the starter for the USA and plays great to the point where he becomes a great trade asset??? That would be ideal!

Reactions: Habs100

GHJimmy

We made it here.
Mar 30, 2018
I watched like 4-5 Laval games and he had unbelievable saves! This kid got some good skills I could say almost like price but just need few more years of training. Behind that he had a bad team in Laval, defensive was poor and also PK was awful but he is a good goalie overall, also a very good contract!

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->