Confirmed with Link: Charlie Lindgren Signs 3-Year 1-Way Contract Extension ($750,000 AAV)

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
Of course he wanted to commit already 24 with awful AHL numbers and lost his spot this season to Niemi and Dumb ass Bergevin gives him 3 years

Because there is no dislike button, here:

25395.png

ArtPeur

Have a Snickers
Mar 30, 2010
Because there is no dislike button, here:

His AHL numbers really aren't great. The other goalies are posting similar stats yet he has better stats in the NHL. So, who knows.

I was expecting more money in that contract though. 1M+, especially on a 3 years/1way contract. Hopefully, he keeps on improving

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
I think he was hinting that this could be an act of desperation by our esteemed asset management.

If that is the case, then that post makes even less sense.

He/she mentions that this extension means Price's injury is worse. What injury? The guy is healthy and in the line-up.

Last edited:

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
His AHL numbers really aren't great. The other goalies are posting similar stats yet he has better stats in the NHL. So, who knows.

I was expecting more money in that contract though. 1M+, especially on a 3 years/1way contract. Hopefully, he keeps on improving

He's shown that he has promise. If you watch the games in Laval, it was rarely Lindgren's fault Laval was losing. If anything, he kept them from being worse and sooner. However little his experience in the NHL is, he's done well and that is reason to bank on him.

As for his AAV, I, too expected more. Maybe not 1M+, but around 850K-900K. The fact that he remains at 750K is actually a win for the organization.

Reactions: Runner77

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012

He hit a downturn once he was sent back to Laval, further to experiencing emotional highs from starting consecutive NHL games, especially the one in Pittsburgh. I think it may have impacted him the same way it does a lot of players who get a taste of the NHL and then get sent back down -- most players don't respond well when sent back down in those circumstances.

cphabs

The 2 stooges….
Dec 21, 2012
If that is the case, then that post makes even less sense.

He/she mentions that this extension means Price's injury is worse. What injury? The guy is healthy and in the line-up.

You are correct. I think he meant injuries.

ArtPeur

Have a Snickers
Mar 30, 2010
He hit a downturn once he was sent back to Laval, further to experiencing emotional highs from starting consecutive NHL games, especially the one in Pittsburgh. I think it may have impacted him the same way it does a lot of players who get a taste of the NHL and then get sent back down -- most players don't respond well when sent back down in those circumstances.

Probably but he had similar stats before he was called-up. Looking up at stats, he probably had his best stint in the AHL after he was sent down. It's his last month (and half) that has been tougher.

Anyways..

Habs100

Nov 6, 2013
Of course he wanted to commit already 24 with awful AHL numbers and lost his spot this season to Niemi and Dumb ass Bergevin gives him 3 years

Not at all dumb. If he's sent to the AHL, the 750k DOES NOT COUNT AGAINST THE CAP. However, if he shines, 750k AAV is a bargain. Great contract by Bergevin. I hate Bergevin and want him gone yesterday. But the truth is, the only thing better than a 3 year deal with this player at 750k is a longer term deal, like a 5 year deal, at 750k.

And, I hope he's in Laval next year and shines. At his young age, he shouldn't be riding the pine behind Carey. He needs to play. The moment he's outstanding in Laval and has a chance to shine in the NHL, you trade him.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
Probably but he had similar stats before he was called-up. Looking up at stats, he probably had his best stint in the AHL after he was sent down. It's his last month (and half) that has been tougher.

Anyways..

Interesting. So you're saying that he's really skidded only recently? I knew his stats were down on an overall basis, from the time he returned to Laval -- I didn't realize that what brought them down was his more recent play. What do we attribute that to?

ArtPeur

Have a Snickers
Mar 30, 2010
Interesting. So you're saying that he's really skidded only recently? I knew his stats were down on an overall basis, from the time he returned to Laval -- I didn't realize that what brought them down was his more recent play. What do we attribute that to?

I'm not watching those games so I can't tell but @Adam Michaels does say that he's been saving his team a lot. We could blame all those call-ups that leave Laval with a less talented team. We could also say that Laval is just as bad as the Habs (or worse). ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

TheAHL.com

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
I'm not watching those games so I can't tell but @Adam Michaels does say that he's been saving his team a lot. We could blame all those call-ups that leave Laval with a less talented team. We could also say that Laval is just as bad as the Habs (or worse). ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

TheAHL.com

It's happened often when Lindgren would make one or two amazing saves in a row but the third shot went in. A lot of what makes Lindgren look worse is the defense in front of him. It's pretty much the same story as Price. There is only so much he can do to help his team.

Reactions: ArtPeur

Agalloch

EliteProspects
Sep 18, 2002
Lachute, QC
Visit site
Good deal. At worst he's #1 goalie in Laval for the next 2-3 years without cap hit in Mtl. Most likely a cheap backup to Price, but could develop and be a good asset to trade if he can be a number 1 goalie elsewhere.

No downside to this deal.

Habs Icing

Formerly Onice
Jan 17, 2004
Montreal
We acquired Niemi from the scrap yard, added a fresh coat of paint and is now looking shiny and bright. We need a sucker or two to visit our used car lot.
MB should have played him a little more often to make a trade worthwhile. I don't know off hand how many game we have left between now and the trade deadline but I would play Our Aunty half the games.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
MB should have played him a little more often to make a trade worthwhile. I don't know off hand how many game we have left between now and the trade deadline but I would play Our Aunty half the games.

Tank oblige.

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
I believe he's still waiver exempt next year, but as of the season after (2019-20) he'll require waivers.

correct, he doesn't have to clear waivers next year until he plays in 49 games. 2019-20 he would have to clear waivers no matter what.

He struggled early on, after the 1st 2 games of the season in the next 7 he let in 28 goals then gets called up. After he got sent back down, he did really well. In 11 games he gave up 3 or more goals just 3 times (3, 6, 3) but since then it hasn't been pretty with the next 7 games he gave up 3 or more in 6 with a SO in the one game he didn't give up 3 or more. He gave up 19 goals in those 6 games.

I can't say what's going on with him. I have spent much more time watching NCAA and WHL games this year and it's been really hard to watch Laval lately but in the games I've seen he really hasn't looked that bad to me. They are just a shit team with a shit coach and a shit defense.

Reactions: ArtPeur

Scintillating10

Jun 15, 2012
Nova Scotia
Goaltending is the lone bright spot in our farm system. Primeau other night was outstanding. Whomever is choosing our goalies is doing a good job

Last edited:

Habs100

Nov 6, 2013
Great, now trade Niemi and bring him up.
Lindgren's most important potential purpose for this organization is as a trade chip. Young backups to goalies that play the lion share of the games typically don't work out. That role is better suited, usually, for a veteran that's already got a lot of games under their belt.

Whatever increases Lindgren's trade value is where and how much I want him playing.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad