Post-Game Talk: Champitals @ Preds

Status
Not open for further replies.

Melkor

Jul 22, 2012
Auckland, New Zealand
No Peter, we all read it. You are willing to throw away what did happen (Caps won the Cup), for what if’s.

That’s all this is. Just admit it.

Almost all of us wouldn’t make that trade.

That’s the actual, real, point.
I don't get calling an unfamiliar person by the wrong name but probably that's okay in San Francisco so whatever. This whole post that I'm quoting here is full of your wrong conclusions so I wouldn't even bother wasting my time on that. You can think whatever you want, really, I know what I said and what I meant.

Ridley Simon

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
Marin County — SF Bay Area, CA
I don't get calling an unfamiliar person by the wrong name but probably that's okay in San Francisco so whatever. This whole post that I'm quoting here is full of your wrong conclusions so I wouldn't even bother wasting my time on that. You can think whatever you want, really, I know what I said and what I meant.

Whoooooooshhhhh. Good thing you ducked.

I now understand all of this.

Reactions: CapitalsCupReality

maacoshark

Jul 22, 2017
I'm not hung up at all, facts are facts. The Caps have a MUCH better record when Orpik is sitting. Is it all coincidence, probably, but it is what it is.

The Sharks are rolling, like playing Cup winning hockey. This all coincided with Marc Edward-Vlasic going down, he was playing really bad and the defense was a sieve. Now that he is ready to come back the fans don't want to mess with it, just as the Caps shouldn't have messed with 19-7-1.

Injury Report: - Braun, Vlasic
Yes facts are facts and Orpik really has very little to do with how the team is playing right now. And that is a fact.
You throw stats out there to try to discredit a particular player. I'm not an Orpik fan but he iusnt the problem. Come on man he is on our 3rd pair.
If you are going to throw those kind of numbers out there, why dont you include our record when bit Oshie and Kuzy were out of the lineup. We played 6 games when they were both out if the lineup and went 6 and 0. Does that mean we dont need those guys in the lineup. Your theory can go 2ways. That's why you can't judge a player by stats alone. But stats are everything to you.

Reactions: Empty Goal Net

trick9

Jun 2, 2013
Carlson probably didnt like the penalty called against him. It was a pretty weak call. Something you would think that would be let go in a blowout. Another ref on a power trip.

Nope. He was rushing off the ice and took a stick to the face and lost the puck. He went to the bench holding his face while Predators took the puck in the Capitals zone and scored 30 seconds later which lead to Carlson absolutely losing his mind on that missed high-stick and i think he smashed his stick in pieces and yelled something to the refs for a while before leaving. :laugh:

Reactions: VaCaps Fan

Bananas

Sponsor
Mar 26, 2007
I’d take Wilson over FF, easy.

In other news, I will say that it doesn’t appear we match up well with the Preds. I mean, it’s not like they own us like we own Boston (lol), but I certainly wouldn’t be loving our chances if we faced them in the finals anytime soon.

It would be a great way to finally put the FF angst to bed, however. If we did beat them in the finals I bet Ovechkin Tooth’s head would explode. For me it would just provoke another joygasm.

Food for thought once the playoffs get underway, I guess. There’s actually a growing list of WC teams we don’t seem to match up well against, now that I think about it. Thank God for Vegas...

Last edited:

Melkor

Jul 22, 2012
Auckland, New Zealand
I’d take Wilson over FF, easy.

In other news, I will say that it doesn’t appear we match up well with the Preds. I mean, it’s not like they own us like we own Boston (lol), but I certainly wouldn’t be loving our chances if we faced them in the finals anytime soon.

It would be a great way to finally put the FF angst to bed, however. If we did beat them in the finals I bet Ovechkin’s Tooth’s head would explode. For me it would just provoke another joygasm.

Food for thought once the playoffs get underway, I guess.
I bet your nickname is somehow related to the content of your posts.

Reactions: 895

maacoshark

Jul 22, 2017
I bet your nickname is somehow related to the content of your posts.
Why are we hung up on Forsberg. He is gone and gas been for quite awhile.
We have no clue if Forsberg would have developed into the player he is if we kept him. He never would have been given the same opportunity here. He many have been another underachiever here.

RandyHolt

Keep truckin'
Nov 3, 2006
I saw a thread on the mains about best GMs and worst, and George got an awful lot of best votes. BMac barely got a mention.

I feel strongly if it werent for his bungled moves, he would have still been here and never built the D to cup caliber. BMac immediately grabbed the bull by the horns and got Nisky and Orpik, and more recently Jerabek and Kempny.

CapitalsCupReality

It’s Go Time!!
Feb 27, 2002
I saw a thread on the mains about best GMs and worst, and George got an awful lot of best votes. BMac barely got a mention.

I feel strongly if it werent for his bungled moves, he would have still been here and never built the D to cup caliber. BMac immediately grabbed the bull by the horns and got Nisky and Orpik, and more recently Jerabek and Kempny.

It’s hard to deny he’s good. Just being good though doesn’t get you a Cup very often.

RandyHolt

Keep truckin'
Nov 3, 2006
It’s hard to deny he’s good. Just being good though doesn’t get you a Cup very often.

I will deny it. Everyone patting him on the back was for the league gifting him a cup final to kick off a new franchise. He royally bungled the Jagr/Cassidy deal and was far too quick to rebuild IMO. I am not saying being a GM is easy, but he had Ovi in his prime and pissed his best chance at a cup away with a clown D and thin Cs.

Name a GM that was more hated by players / agents, and I think, opposition GMs. That Katie piece did not seem far fetched in the least.

The best thing he ever did was troll Pitt fans on draft days.

CapitalsCupReality

It’s Go Time!!
Feb 27, 2002
I will deny it. Everyone patting him on the back was for the league gifting him a cup final to kick off a new franchise. He royally bungled the Jagr/Cassidy deal and was far too quick to rebuild IMO. I am not saying being a GM is easy, but he had Ovi in his prime and pissed his best chance at a cup away with a clown D and thin Cs.

Name a GM that was more hated by players / agents, and I think, opposition GMs. That Katie piece did not seem far fetched in the least.

The best thing he ever did was troll Pitt fans on draft days.

Being tough with agents doesn’t make him not good.

He’s made some mistakes, everyone does. Jagr/Cassidy was just as much Ted’s fault. The rebuild was at Ted’s direction too.

You’re being petty saying he’s not good. He clearly is. That’s your old Caps anger resurfacing. Not defending the guy and I wouldn’t want him back, but he’s on plus side when I look around the league at other GM’s. He was here too long and lost his objectivity when looking at his own team. It happens.

Last edited:

Ridley Simon

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
Marin County — SF Bay Area, CA
George is what he is. He’s good at assembling teams. But he can’t get them to the finish line. Vegas could have done a lot worse in picking their GM. But they’ve probably peaked already.....as George will end up pissing it away. We’ve seen this movie before

CapitalsCupReality

It’s Go Time!!
Feb 27, 2002
George is what he is. He’s good at assembling teams. But he can’t get them to the finish line. Vegas could have done a lot worse in picking their GM. But they’ve probably peaked already.....as George will end up pissing it away. We’ve seen this movie before

Cup finals is tough to eclipse!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad