Post-Game Talk: Champitals @ Preds

Status
Not open for further replies.

StrikingDistance

Buford T. Justice
Mar 19, 2015
DC
Watched the Canes-Preds game the other night and the Preds got spanked by a highly motivated/energized Canes team. They'll either be motivated to rebound or be like the Caps and keep coasting.

That said, I'm going to put as much effort into watching this game as the Caps have lately been into playing hockey. I expect to be more entertained (for better or worse) by this board than the game.

Make it happen!

Reactions: VaCaps Fan

peterthegreat12

Hopeless Caps fan ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Jan 22, 2011
Washington DC
giphy.gif

RandyHolt

Keep truckin'
Nov 3, 2006
I am convinced we only give a full effort vs high quality teams (that our players respect), and that its largely for just a period.

Alzner used to say it all the time. Its tough to get up for _________ when explaining why we got blown out by Carolina, again.

Last edited:

trick9

Jun 2, 2013
I am convinced we only give a full effort vs high quality teams (that our players respect), and that its largely for just a period.

Alzner used to say it all the time. Its tough to get up for _________ when explaining why we got blown out by Carolina, again.

Pretty sure Holtby has had some angry post-game interviews through the years for that.

By the way what's with all the teams playing their backup goalies against us?

traparatus

Oct 19, 2012
I am convinced we only give a full effort vs high quality teams, and that its largely for just a period.

I wasn't overwhelmed by the effort in recent Boston and Columbus tilts. Those were legitimately meaningful games.

Whenever Kuznetsov and Backstrom decide to show up and play a sixty minute game, Caps will get out of this little rut.

zappa4ever

Music is the Best!
Feb 10, 2010
MD/VA/WV intersection
I wasn't overwhelmed by the effort in recent Boston and Columbus tilts. Those were legitimately meaningful games.
I have a vastly different definition of legitimately meaningful games -- halfway point of the season and we're in 1st = does not qualify; if we're on the WC bubble and we're at the 20gms remaining mark, then I'd agree

maacoshark

Jul 22, 2017
I have a vastly different definition of legitimately meaningful games -- halfway point of the season and we're in 1st = does not qualify; if we're on the WC bubble and we're at the 20gms remaining mark, then I'd agree
Do you realize that we aren't that far ahead of the 9th seed in the east. 7 points only I believe. Every game is important.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad