Confirmed Signing with Link: [CGY] F Nazem Kadri signs with the Flames (7 years, $7M AAV)

Fraser28

Jan 13, 2013
Lol the Flames are paying this clown till he’s 39. Calgary fans crapped all over Vancouver for signing a much better player in JT Miller for 1 million more per, not to mention Miller’s deal is done at 37.

Miller is worth about double Kadri these days.

Reactions: bh53

Double Dion

Jets fan 28/06/2014
Feb 9, 2011
Miller is worth about double Kadri these days.
Double? I'm a Flames fan. Miller might have slightly negative value. Kadri is 7m per and us by far the worst player in our top 9. Literally it's a toss up between him and a waiver claim from Boston on who our worst player is. Miller moves easily if you attach picks. Kadri would need picks AND retention.

Reactions: RasmusAndersson

Brent Burns Beard

Powered by Vasiliev Podsloven
Feb 27, 2002
Double? I'm a Flames fan. Miller might have slightly negative value. Kadri is 7m per and us by far the worst player in our top 9. Literally it's a toss up between him and a waiver claim from Boston on who our worst player is. Miller moves easily if you attach picks. Kadri would need picks AND retention.
Why does Miller have negative value? Such an odd take!

Hobnobs

Pinko
Nov 29, 2011

Yes, you are a flames fan if you think Miller has negative value.

And no, I'm not a nucks fan but that take is awful.

Colezuki

Apr 27, 2009
Toronto
Funny enough monahans been pretty good for us, I’d like to keep him if it makes sense as the end of the season

Double Dion

Jets fan 28/06/2014
Feb 9, 2011
Why does Miller have negative value? Such an odd take!
Because he's signed well past the prime of guys who play his style.

Yes, you are a flames fan if you think Miller has negative value.

And no, I'm not a nucks fan but that take is awful.
They tried to move him and couldn't. Do you think it's easy to move old players with big cap hits? It's a fact, not an opinion. They were trying to move him for quite some time. Boeser too. Now it's Garland.

• Haha
Reactions: bh53

ItsFineImFine

Aug 11, 2019
Think he would've done well on a faster paced end to end team tbh and maybe in the Eastern conference.

I'm not convinced that he went from the fantastic player he was especially in that last season/playoff in Colorado to what he is now in Calgary. Yes maybe good coaching and a good system helped him look better than he is in Colorado but you can say the same in the opposite direction in Calgary.

Brent Burns Beard

Powered by Vasiliev Podsloven
Feb 27, 2002

They tried to move him and couldn't. Do you think it's easy to move old players with big cap hits? It's a fact, not an opinion. They were trying to move him for quite some time. Boeser too. Now it's Garland.
There is no evidence they tried to move him, never mind for quite some time. That was fanboi talk who are alergic to players over 26 years old.

Hobnobs

Pinko
Nov 29, 2011

No, they were possibly trying to shop him at the deadline when he was embroiled in some turmoil and nucks allegedly said no to offers...

DFF

Feb 28, 2002
Think he would've done well on a faster paced end to end team tbh and maybe in the Eastern conference.

I'm not convinced that he went from the fantastic player he was especially in that last season/playoff in Colorado to what he is now in Calgary. Yes maybe good coaching and a good system helped him look better than he is in Colorado but you can say the same in the opposite direction in Calgary.
He was fantastic for one year, a contract year

Never before and never after? Did you somehow forgot that

Only a fool signed him to that contract.

Reactions: luiginb

Fraser28

Jan 13, 2013

Miller does not have negative value. He has been one of the best players on the Canucks and has a reasonable salary. I’m soooo glad they chose him over Horvat.

Muffin

Avalanche Flavoured
Aug 14, 2009
Edmonton

He looks exactly like he did on Colorado before that one outlier year.

JKG33

Leafs & Kings
Oct 31, 2009
Winnipeg
When will this nonsense about Miller stop? He's been over a PPG for 3 of the last 4 seasons, and this one will likely make it 4 out of 5. His AAV starts with an 8. That's far below the market rate for players of that caliber, especially those that can hit and win faceoffs.

JKG33

Leafs & Kings
Oct 31, 2009
Winnipeg

What about literally every season in Toronto then? He came in as a top pick and couldn't even unseat Tyler Bozak as the #1C. Then when Matthews and Tavares showed up iirc he was tried on their wings for a bit and failed miserably there too.

He is what he is. A middle 6 center with attitude/temper issues that's grossly overpaid after his first and only good season of his career.

Reactions: luiginb

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad