CFL: Official "Ottawa REDBLACKS" Thread Part II: ALLCAPS EDITION

Status
Not open for further replies.

FuriousSenator

Mar 18, 2011
Ottawa
The logos in the CFL aren't all that great. I mean Edmonton is just 2 E's. Toronto is a big A, and Sask is a big S.

They'll fit right in with their big R.

Agreed this.

Don't get the hate. It's par for the course for football logos in my mind.

Weren't every single one of you griping about how it 'better be nothing but a big white R' like 3 weeks ago??? :help:

BonkTastic

ಠ_ಠ
Nov 9, 2010
Parts Unknown
I was back in Ottawa last week visiting family, and was thinking of maybe getting a Red Blacks cap to bring back home with me to Indonesia.

Then I saw the merchandise in person at a Sports Experts (Bayshore), and immediately changed my mind. The logo looks absolutely horrible on apparel. I felt like i was shopping at Goodwill, because that logo looks like someone set the "Way-Back Machine"(TM) to 1997 and let a Graphic Arts grad student design it "for free" (the project counts as a half-credit course!) to save money.

M4TR1X

Dec 1, 2008
Ottawa, Ontario
I was back in Ottawa last week visiting family, and was thinking of maybe getting a Red Blacks cap to bring back home with me to Indonesia.

Then I saw the merchandise in person at a Sports Experts (Bayshore), and immediately changed my mind. The logo looks absolutely horrible on apparel. I felt like i was shopping at Goodwill, because that logo looks like someone set the "Way-Back Machine"(TM) to 1997 and let a Graphic Arts grad student design it "for free" (the project counts as a half-credit course!) to save money.

That's unfortunate you feel that way. Hopefully they'll create a secondary logo that you agree with.

As for me, I'll definitely be looking to get a RedBlacks jersey and cap.

BonkTastic

ಠ_ಠ
Nov 9, 2010
Parts Unknown
That's unfortunate you feel that way. Hopefully they'll create a secondary logo that you agree with.

As for me, I'll definitely be looking to get a RedBlacks jersey and cap.

It's an Ottawa team, so they'll have my support... but until they get a new logo, I'll be a "Plain Clothes" fan. Or maybe a T-shirt with just the word-mark on it ( a plain grey "Property Of" sort of style t-shirt).

FuriousSenator

Mar 18, 2011
Ottawa
For those who haven't had a chance to walk/drive by Lansdowne lately and see all the progress being made.

Pictures like this get my blood pumping. It's so close we can taste it.

picture.php

picture.php

Smash88

Mar 15, 2012
Ottawa
For those who haven't had a chance to walk/drive by Lansdowne lately and see all the progress being made.

Pictures like this get my blood pumping. It's so close we can taste it.

picture.php

picture.php

Oh wow, haven't been that way in a few months.. That's really coming along! Great to see!

Senscore

Let's keep it cold
Nov 19, 2012
Hard to believe that there is progress on anything being built in Ottawa.

But here we are. Can't wait.

littleD

Not RedBlacks related, but wondering...

Any non students try to buy tickets to the Panda Game between Ottawa and Carleton? Apparently supposed to be on sale through Capital Tickets, but I see nothing listed. Maybe sold out so they took it off?

aragorn

Do The Right Thing
Aug 8, 2004

:laugh: Don't let Yost know, he will think they are in financial trouble & having to hire students to work for free because of the lack of cash flow. :sarcasm:

FuriousSenator

Mar 18, 2011
Ottawa
More pictures from the week of August 23rd.

For those curious, the Civic Center rehaul is progressing rapidly as well. There are no pictures, but more info can be found on the city website.

picture.php

picture.php

salomonster

Oct 7, 2006
Double dot
In unrelated talk, I'm looking forward to seeing the uniforms and stuff.

If the CU Ravens is an indication with their 4 diff uniforms, that its safe to say that the RB's will likely ave multiple its as well. The Oregon firm who did the work for the Ravens is the same as the RB's.

Hunt is the master of marketing and multi uni's is something I see him wanting. Much like most cfl teams with 3rd's and such.

ChocolateLeclaire

Jan 12, 2010
Ottawa, Canada

If the CU Ravens is an indication with their 4 diff uniforms, that its safe to say that the RB's will likely ave multiple its as well. The Oregon firm who did the work for the Ravens is the same as the RB's.

Hunt is the master of marketing and multi uni's is something I see him wanting. Much like most cfl teams with 3rd's and such.

Carleton's uniforms are AMAZING. They look slick and sleek out there. Too bad they will suck for a couple of years as they get their recruitment under them.

Senator67s

Jun 16, 2009
Sudbury

Hunt may be a master at marketing...but f**king sucks a picking nicknames.
Yeah....I'm still hating the name....

aragorn

Do The Right Thing
Aug 8, 2004
Was the Ottawa Ravens ever considered for a name? Still has the "R".

FuriousSenator

Mar 18, 2011
Ottawa
More pictures!

We officially have seats. I love the fact that they will be black and red throughout the stadium kinda a la Commonwealth in Edmonton. Very classy looking already. It would be cool if they formed a word/symbol or something. Maybe a maple leaf? (it is the capital and will probably host the men's national soccer team for a lot of games).

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

FuriousSenator

Mar 18, 2011
Ottawa
Unless they're putting in natural grass, I doubt you'll see many national team games in Ottawa, if any.

Ottawa is hosting at least 6 FIFA Women's World Cup Games in 2 years.

That seems to be fine. :dunno:

EDIT: Just looked it up and they've played at Commonwealth many times as well.

littleD

Ottawa is hosting at least 6 FIFA Women's World Cup Games in 2 years.

That seems to be fine. :dunno:

EDIT: Just looked it up and they've played at Commonwealth many times as well.

It's too bad we're hosting most of that World Cup on Field Turf. At the World Cup level, playing on a plastic pitch is fairly awful.

I think Canada have played one game at Commonwealth since they got FieldTurf.

Ottawa had a stadium for a LONG time. When was the last time it hosted the national team? No matches for a Canadian men's team since 2001 Jeux de la francophonie. The last time the full Canadian national team played in Ottawa was 1989.

I'd love to walk down to Lansdowne to support the national team, but with so few home matches they play to start with, and with a home base basically already established at BMO Field, I'd be surprised to see very much of the national team playing in Ottawa.

European teams won't play on the stuff if they can avoid it. Before BMO got grass, they had a friendly with Real Madrid in Toronto. Had to put in a grass pitch just for the match. Same with a Manchester City friendly in Vancouver.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad