Not open for further replies.

Slack

everything's fine?
Apr 27, 2012
Go WHARGARRBLs! :towel:

Wharrgarbl.jpg

MiscBrah

Mar 16, 2012
I don't know if this has been discussed so feel free to link me.

When can they start signing players? Do they have to wait until the expansion draft?

Smash88

Mar 15, 2012
Ottawa
I don't know if this has been discussed so feel free to link me.

When can they start signing players? Do they have to wait until the expansion draft?

I figure once free agency opens up after this year's Grey Cup.

But then again they may have to wait until after the expansion draft..

Ottawa Hockey Fan

Apr 9, 2012
Some back up quarter backs having huge weeks this past week! Looks like we may have a bunch of good young quarterbacks to choose from in the expansion draft! :handclap:

Quo

Mar 22, 2012
Hamsterdam
Some back up quarter backs having huge weeks this past week! Looks like we may have a bunch of good young quarterbacks to choose from in the expansion draft! :handclap:

I thought the same thing. Drew Willy looked damn fine against Hamilton. Speculation is that the starter for Ottawa next year may be FA Henry Burris. Hopefully secure one of these young kids in the expansion draft to take over soon.

M4TR1X

Dec 1, 2008
Ottawa, Ontario
Can't wait for the expansion draft. Ottawa having this team will really bring my interest into CFL. I just haven't been nearly as interested since the Renegades.

Oct 10, 2010
Can't wait for the expansion draft. Ottawa having this team will really bring my interest into CFL. I just haven't been nearly as interested since the Renegades.

Yeah, i was in the same boat. I am watching this year a little more regularly looking for players that could be had in the expansion draft, especially Qb's like Collaros, Tate, etc.

saskriders

Can't Hold Leads
Sep 11, 2010
Calgary
This thread should be stickied

And there should be a redblacks prefix, like how the Oilers board has a Eskimos prefix

saskriders

Can't Hold Leads
Sep 11, 2010
Calgary
Good call, sir!

BTW - are you still going to be a "saskriders" fan next season?

Yes, from Calgary. Only lived in Ottawa for 1 year of university then dropped out. Might move back when I am done school though. Also, Ottawa might become my second favourite CFL team

Oct 10, 2010
I say the RedBlacks would be stupid to pass up Bo Levi Mitchell if Calgary doesn't protect him. Guy is the real deal and can LAUNCH the football 70 yards on a rope!

Bo knows football!

Agreed! He'd be fantastic, but at this point i would be surprised if Calgary didn't protect Mitchell.

He looks better than the often injured Tate and Glenn isn't obviously going to be protected.

TheSenator

The other guys
Apr 4, 2013
Ottawa, ON
Still need to draft a young QB like Collaros in the expansion draft for our future.
Burris is like what 38-39 and is obviously getting old.

Hopefully he gets a handful of games in this season. He was brilliant in his debut, but I'd hate to see us pick a guy off a one or two game sample.

At least for our starter anyway.

M4TR1X

Dec 1, 2008
Ottawa, Ontario
I believe the people of Ottawa should also get a petition of some sort to request a name change.
I haven't met anyone who actually likes the team name being 'Redblacks.'

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad