GDT: CBJ vs Minnesota: 90s Throwback Night

VT

Jan 24, 2021
Slovakia
For 59 minutes Tarasov was the Jackets 2nd star. Then the last minute and overtime happened.
Tarasov is the last one to blame. How many times has he saved the team. That kind of thing can happen to anyone, besides he's the last one on the ice, it only takes a little and the flame is on the roof. Provorov would be healthy scratch.

MoeBartoli

Checkers-to-Jackets
Jan 12, 2011
Tarasov is the last one to blame. How many times has he saved the team. That kind of thing can happen to anyone, besides he's the last one on the ice, it only takes a little and the flame is on the roof. Provorov would be healthy scratch.
I’m not blaming him at all. I was actually complimenting him on how well he played almost all game.……I agree on Provorov.

VT

Jan 24, 2021
Slovakia

MoeBartoli

Checkers-to-Jackets
Jan 12, 2011
I don’t fault Tarasov for the 3rd goal, with Danforth missing an empty net and Provorov throwing a pizza to the other team at our blueline.

Puck had to beat 5 guys.
I’ll say to you what I said to VT and said in an earlier post. I haven’t blamed Tarasov but have cited Provorov’s giveaway. I thought he’d been second star worthy and you two act like I want to put him in the town square pillory.

Iron Balls McGinty

Aug 5, 2005
Let's be honest for a second. If Elvis did that, people would be lining up with their pitchforks to burn him at the stake.

Cowumbus

Mar 1, 2014
Arena District - Columbus
I’ll say to you what I said to VT and said in an earlier post. I haven’t blamed Tarasov but have cited Provorov’s giveaway. I thought he’d been second star worthy and you two act like I want to put him in the town square pillory.
I’m saying I don’t fault him for the 3rd goal.

If they won in OT I still think he’d get 3rd or 2nd star.

VT

Jan 24, 2021
Slovakia
Let's be honest for a second. If Elvis did that, people would be lining up with their pitchforks to burn him at the stake.
If Elvis did that after play like Tarasov, nobody NORMAL wouldn't blame him. Btw, still one thing. Tarasov is 24 year and after injury, Elvis is 29 and health.

---

Some stats, I think there is no need for further comment.

MAHJ71

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 6, 2014
NWA 217
The pass Tarasov gets compared to Elvis is comical, but whatever.

The TEAM did everything they could to lose that game.

Iron Balls McGinty

Aug 5, 2005
If Elvis did that after play like Tarasov, nobody NORMAL wouldn't blame him. Btw, still one thing. Tarasov is 24 year and after injury, Elvis is 29 and health.

---

Some stats, I think there is no need for further comment.

So you are all for treating players differently?

Both are adults. Both are professionals playing at the highest level. Both have done things that have cost us games. There is certainly a question if Elvis is healthy and has had issues with injuries in the past but to say that Tarasov gets a pass for letting one squeeze between his legs that he should have had is ridiculous.

Indy18

Aug 17, 2023
There are legitimate concerns with this team, long and short term, but the situation is not nearly a terrible as some people like to portray here and we’re not THAT far away from making some noise.
This is why I legit get angry when there's such a large banging of pans on twitter/reddit to burn everything to the ground. People are legit asking "why do you think this team is going to be good in 5 years" and if you can't see how much the u24 crew has gotten better the past 3 months I really don't think you are even watching games. If they can improve that much in 3 months just think what they can do in 3 years and we still haven't seen everyone yet that was recently drafted up to the show yet.

VT

Jan 24, 2021
Slovakia
So you are all for treating players differently?

Both are adults. Both are professionals playing at the highest level. Both have done things that have cost us games. There is certainly a question if Elvis is healthy and has had issues with injuries in the past but to say that Tarasov gets a pass for letting one squeeze between his legs that he should have had is ridiculous.
Tarasov does not such many experienced also 5 years for goalies is enough.
To that goal. I wrote he could maybe take the puck but he saved in other shoots. I wrote about Elvis this same. The goalie is last, one mistake and...

NotWendell

Has also never won the lottery.
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2005
Columbus, Ohio
Tarasov does not such many experienced also 5 years for goalies is enough.
To that goal. I wrote he could maybe take the puck but he saved in other shoots. I wrote about Elvis this same. The goalie is last, one mistake and...
If he can stay healthy, he's going to be a good one.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad