GDT: CBJ vs Minnesota: 90s Throwback Night

NotWendell

Has also never won the lottery.
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2005
Columbus, Ohio
DALL·E 2024-01-06 11.49.42 - A vivid 90's throwback night hockey scene showing a face-off betw...png

Ironically, neither of these teams existed in the 90's!

Projected Unofficial CBJ Lineup:
  • Johnny Gaudreau – Adam Fantilli – Justin Danforth
  • Yegor Chinakhov –Cole Sillinger – Kirill Marchenko
  • Kent Johnson – Jack Roslovic – Emil Bemstrom
  • Alexandre Texier – Dmitri Voronkov – Mathieu Olivier
  • Damon Severson – Adam Boqvist
  • Ivan Provorov – David Jiricek
  • Jake Bean – Erik Gudbranson
  • Danill Tarasov
  • Spencer Martin
Keys to Victory:
1. Get pucks on net. Shots on goal have tailed off in recent games. The Blue Jackets are averaging 3.1 goals per game, 13th in the NHL. The Wild are scoring an average of 2.9 goals per game, ranking 25th in the NHL.
2. Mind the gap. The Jackets are ranked 21st in takeaways and are giving up an average of 3.4 goals per game, the highest in the NHL.
3. Maintain current form. The Blue Jackets have earned points in 7 of their past 10 games, showing a capacity to rally and secure points. The Wild are currently on a four-game losing streak and facing a rash of injuries

Last edited:

Jovavic

Gaslight Object Project
Oct 13, 2002
New Born Citizen Erased
The Mild have some goons so don't be surprised if the goalie gets run or there are questionable hits that result in injuries. The kids need to keep their heads on a swivel and the heavies might have a busy night.

I'll be in Indy for the Colts/Texans "playoff" game so hopefully Houston can pull out the W and I can read all about our victory here on my way back tonight.

Reactions: CBJx614

CBJWerenski8

Formerly CBJWennberg10 (RIP Kivi)
Jun 13, 2009

So Tarasov in net again. Martin the backup...again.

I really feel like theres a story going on behind the scenes with Elvis that we don't know yet. Our "starting" goalie is barely playing and rarely backing up.

5 starts for Elvis since December 1st. No idea how many times he was backup. And I am aware he was hurt/sick for part of this.

Goalie starts since Dec1:

Tarasov: 5 (about to be 6)
Elvis: 5
Martin: 4
Greaves: 2

Something is going on.

koteka

Jan 1, 2017
Central Ohio
Most penalty minutes for Jackets tonight?

Gudbranson
Olivier
Voronkov
other

I am going to go with Olivier. I predict he fights early so the Wild realize we won’t put up with their crap.

Reactions: Jovavic

NotWendell

Sponsor
Oct 31, 2005
Columbus, Ohio

For the Columbus Blue Jackets vs. Minnesota Wild game on January 6, 2024, the betting lines are as follows:
  • Minnesota Wild are the road favorites with a moneyline of -125, while the Columbus Blue Jackets have a moneyline of +105.
  • The total for the game is set at 6.5.

Regarding the Columbus Blue Jackets' performance against the spread (ATS):
  • Overall Record ATS: 5-5
  • Over/Under/Push (O/U/P): 4-5-1
  • Average Total: 6.1
  • Average Goals Scored: 2.70
  • Average Goals Allowed: 2.80

In terms of player props for the Blue Jackets, some examples include:
  • Adam Fantilli: Assists Prop 0.5 (+210), Points Prop 0.5 (+105), Shots Prop 2.5 (-105)
  • Dmitri Voronkov: Assists Prop 0.5 (+250), Points Prop 0.5 (+135)
  • Kent Johnson: Assists Prop 0.5 (+290), Points Prop 0.5 (+145), Shots Prop 1.5 (-133)

Last edited:

Iron Balls McGinty

Aug 5, 2005
I don't understand the Elvis sickness thing. If he legit has such an ongoing sickness, he should be put back on IR and get it addressed

I think the organization is covering something up.

And Boone Jenner is skating with the team again. Maybe we'll see him in a couple of games?
He still had his jaw wired from his video where he was told he mad the all star game. I think another 2 weeks is 6 weeks since the injury.

CBJ goalie

May 19, 2005
London, Ontario
What makes this throwback night? Are they wearing vintage jersey?

And I agree about Elvis, something isn't making sense.
I really hope it's not holding him out for any trade.....

Seedtype

Aug 16, 2009
Ohio?!?!
I want see a few more starts from Tarasov before I'll get on the 'Trade Elvis' bandwagon.

(But I'm getting a weird feeling about Elvis too...)

Edit: Suddenly realized none of you are actually advocating for trading Elvis, heh. Uh, my thoughts are still the same.

Iron Balls McGinty

Aug 5, 2005
I want see a few more starts from Tarasov before I'll get on the 'Trade Elvis' bandwagon.

(But I'm getting a weird feeling about Elvis too...)

Edit: Suddenly realized none of you are actually advocating for trading Elvis, heh. Uh, my thoughts are still the same.
Because that would be the CBJ thing to do to reward a goalie as the future of the organization after a "few" good starts.

I am not for trading Elvis unless there is a real issue we don't know about or the return is great because this team ain't winning sh*t right now.

That being said, I bet Elvis plays better for another organization with a better defense and regular playing time.

Reactions: Seedtype

NotWendell

Sponsor
Oct 31, 2005
Columbus, Ohio
Because that would be the CBJ thing to do to reward a goalie as the future of the organization after a "few" good starts.

I am not for trading Elvis unless there is a real issue we don't know about or the return is great because this team ain't winning sh*t right now.

That being said, I bet Elvis plays better for another organization with a better defense and regular playing time.
Let's give him a 5x5 contract! /s

Reactions: Napoli

thebus88

19/20 Columbus Blue Jackets: "It Is What It Is"
Sep 27, 2017
Michigan
And here people thought Korpisalo leaving answered the question who the “future” or “decision” or “answer” was is net.

Do people not remember how he handled not being “gifted” or looked at as the guaranteed #1-2 before he proved anything at all or even played well or at all in the NHL??

NOTHING has changed with Merzlikins, on or off the ice. He’s the same EXACT person/goalie. Greaves is the best goalie the organization has in North America, and Martin is #2.”, and that says it all.

Crazy to think how much money is tied up in Merzlikins, Laine, Peeke, Roslovic, and Kuraly.

majormajor

Jun 23, 2018
I'm fine with breaking up the Siberian Unit for now, they've lost their luster for a few games. We can always go back to it later.

But I'd be thinking that line could use a little more speed and playmaking ability up the middle to feed the wings, and they obviously didn't do that going with Sillinger at center. I don't see the point.

Reactions: Bookker

DEF

Oct 24, 2008
White Castle's
This is a lost season so what we're paying Elvis is wasted money. He is playing well but so are Greaves and Tarasov. Martin is a cheap backup. We also need to see what Tarasov is capable of.

CBJWerenski8

Formerly CBJWennberg10 (RIP Kivi)
Jun 13, 2009
Do people not remember how he handled not being “gifted” or looked at as the guaranteed #1-2 before he proved anything at all or even played well or at all in the NHL??
No I don’t. Please refresh my memory? The only thing I remember him doing was refusing to play for Cleveland when he first got over here during the CBJ-TB/BOS series’.

The next year Korpisalo “won” the Job to start game 1, and then Elvis struggled out of the gate for a while and considered going back to Latvia and was really hard on himself. Then Korpisalo got hurt and Elvis got hot. Then Covid happened.

Am I missing something?

Monstershockey

Sponsor
Dec 31, 2017
No I don’t. Please refresh my memory? The only thing I remember him doing was refusing to play for Cleveland when he first got over here during the CBJ-TB/BOS series’.
First impressions. Had a chance to show he was a team player and help the organization and was a no show. Werenski had the same option and chose to help out. Big difference in character.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad