GDT: CBJ vs Florida Panthers 1:00 PM

joybang

Apr 5, 2021
Emotion doesnt add points in the standings so it would be pointless, so im told
Jesus man. Let it go. Touch grass. See the sun or something.

It’s no wonder this place is bleeding posters with all the pedantic arguing and toxicity in every thread.

Reactions: Cowumbus

MoeBartoli

Checkers-to-Jackets
Jan 12, 2011
He was one of the best players with a winger as a center. Which is confirmed by the stats you love so much. Where's the problem again?
The problem with his play? Nothing at all that I referenced. My observation was related to him not seeming to show any emotion after the goal. I’m a bit concerned that Laine’s HS has spawned lingering effects on his joy.

stevo61

Jul 5, 2011
Canada
The problem with his play? Nothing at all that I referenced. My observation was related to him not seeming to show any emotion after the goal. I’m a bit concerned that Laine’s HS has spawned lingering effects on his joy.
He was pretty amped up earlier. Could have just as easily been a case of the job isnt done yet as it was his joy is gone

Reactions: Farmboy Patty

Indy18

Aug 17, 2023
Personally I think the game got carried away because that probably should had been a major (then again I think hits like the 3 we saw this week across the league all should had been majors). I am not upset one bit Gudbranson did what he did. He sent a message and lets be honest at this point the season should now focus on player development as its over. I am fine with it and Jet is showing that he almost ready to cook in the NHL. My only concern with him is once people figure out how to overcome his amazing glove he might have a few issues.

Reactions: jacketsnation

Ice9

Jun 25, 2016
In the woods
I see a chance that the remainder of the season could be unproductive and a struggle to keep the team from imploding. Internal strife among the guys could be disastrous.

Captain out, coach trying to find a groove, old guys smelling up the joint, young guys trying to stick...Need a solid voice of reason in the room. Don't think 11 is in that position yet. Who is the glue?

Reactions: jacketsnation

stevo61

Jul 5, 2011
Canada
I see a chance that the remainder of the season could be unproductive and a struggle to keep the team from imploding. Internal strife among the guys could be disastrous.

Captain out, coach trying to find a groove, old guys smelling up the joint, young guys trying to stick...Need a solid voice of reason in the room. Don't think 11 is in that position yet. Who is the glue?
We have kids scoring and although fan reactions will be spilt the locker room probably rallies around tonight and the actions that took place. I dont think theyll go on any magical run or anything but I dont think the wheels are going to completely fall off either. Even this game could have gone either way

Ice9

Jun 25, 2016
In the woods
We have kids scoring and although fan reactions will be spilt the locker room probably rallies around tonight and the actions that took place. I dont think theyll go on any magical run or anything but I dont think the wheels are going to completely fall off either
I hope not. I hope its nowhere near being a precarious situation. PV will need to be a presence. Definitely need a man to step up from the locker room too. Dont see that being Z.

Cowumbus

Mar 1, 2014
Arena District - Columbus
We have kids scoring and although fan reactions will be spilt the locker room probably rallies around tonight and the actions that took place. I dont think theyll go on any magical run or anything but I dont think the wheels are going to completely fall off either. Even this game could have gone either way
Agreed.

But also, even if the wheels fall off how much worse is that than what we saw the first two months of this year?

Ice9

Jun 25, 2016
In the woods
Agreed.

But also, even if the wheels fall off how much worse is that than what we saw the first two months of this year?
Wasn't really worried about Ws and Ls. Dont want animosity or stone throwing in the room. Hate to see sides drawn. The outlook seems to be good if someone can keep everyone pulling in the same direction.
Its easy to lose control of the ship.

Jyrki

Benning has been purged! VANmen!
May 24, 2011
溫哥華
I've been saying for years how terrible Gudbranson is and how he keeps stealing paychecks but... I'm totally with him feeding punches to Cousins. Given that we aren't going anywhere in the standings I find it perfectly adequate to exact some street justice for future reference, instead of trying to minimax for an attempt at 2 points at the cost of our players' morale and safety.

stevo61

Jul 5, 2011
Canada
Hopefully this week leads to discussions about player safety and officiating. Seems to be the last thing on the NHLs mind. 3 boardings from behind in 3 days resulting in nothing, a 2 minute penalty and a major. No wonder a player feels the need to take things into his own hands, the NHL has shown they wont do anything about it currently

MAHJ71

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 6, 2014
NWA 217
Fine with Gudbranson finishing what Cousins started. Refs could have kept things under control but chose to call an extremely loose game.. when the refs go this route the players take it into their own hands.

Cousin’s with 2 of the biggest turtles I’ve ever seen in hockey, even bigger than a few of his teammate Tkachuk career turtle jobs.

Ice9

Jun 25, 2016
In the woods
I just think when he got up after the initial hit he should have made his statement then and been done with it. Should have had the entire team behind him.

stevo61

Jul 5, 2011
Canada
I just think when he got up after the initial hit he should have made his statement then and been done with it. Should have had the entire team behind him.
Cousins instantly turtled when Gudbranson got up. Its not the 1st time Cousin's has tried to hide from a bad hit

Reactions: Farmboy Patty

Aaaarrgghh

Jul 17, 2022
I missed parts of the game but I gather that Voronkov scored on a pass from Laine? I know that the Russian Line is great, but Voronkov seems to raise his linemates' game, maybe they should put Laine on his wing? Like I said, I missed parts, so maybe that's what Vincent did.

Regarding Gudbranson, there's no question that his actions made the game far more diffficult to win, but there is no way he can let Cousins get away with that. Whatever he did would send a message. Long-term, for the team, what he did was for the best, I think. Particularly in a season like this.

Regarding the boarding incident, the Swedish commentators were adamant that Cousins should have been thrown out of the game. It sure was an unpleasant surprise.

Last edited:

VT

Jan 24, 2021
Slovakia
He never shows much emotion.

VT

Jan 24, 2021
Slovakia
I missed parts of the game but I gather that Voronkov scored on a pass from Laine? I know that the Russian Line is great, but Voronkov seems to raise his linemates' game, maybe they should put Laine on his wing? Like I said, I missed parts, so maybe that's what Vincent did.

Regarding Gudbranson, there's no question that his actions made the game far more diffficult to win, but there is no way he can let Cousins get away with that. Whatever he did would send a message. Long-term, for the team, what he did was for the best, I think. Particularly in a season like this.

Regarding the boarding incident, the Swedish commentators were adamant that Cousins should have been thrown out of the game. It sure was an unpleasant surprise.
Laine played very good. Also I don't see any reason to broke The Russian line now.

MAHJ71

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 6, 2014
NWA 217

From the upper bowl I noticed Johnny yelling after but didn’t see him going for the stick punch before that lol

Youngguns80

A worthy goal is easy to defend
Sponsor
Jan 24, 2021
Ohio
I agree with everything Gudbranson did. That was a very dangerous hit and if you do it be prepared to answer the bell.

This was a bad read on the game the refs missed the right call. They knew this was going to happen. They have seen it before with this Panthers team. You can’t let this play go unchallenged.

Hell go look at the 5:00 boarding and game misconduct they gave to Eric Robinson

Iron Balls McGinty

Aug 5, 2005
Wow, Gudy was out cold for some time and then immediately went to fight when he regained consciousness
I believe Gudbranson has been watching soccer recently. he laid there motionless until the whistle blew. Once he knew he got the call he went Hulk Smash mode.
If the Jackets were in the playoffs hunt I might agree with you but they're not. Gudbranson sent a message that cheap shots will be dealt with on this team.
I do like the emotion shown. It coud have cost the team points today but this ain't a playoff team regardless.

As a leader, Gudbranson is setting an example in the locker room to stand up for yourself and don't let people run all over you. if the refs had done their job accordingly it wouldn't have gotten this far. Perhaps they didn't call the major the first time because Gudbranson didn't milk the injury and jumped up immediately after the whistle. He acted fine while trying to beat the ever loving piss out of him.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad