GDT: CBJ vs Florida Panthers 1:00 PM

VT

Jan 24, 2021
Slovakia

I knew Gaudreau was going to play with Fantilli. But a trio like that? I don't know, I don't know. We'll see how Adam puts them together.
I feel sorry for Kent. He'll be playing, figuratively speaking, five and a half minutes (5x5) per game again.

Last edited:
Reactions: majormajor

CharlotteJacket

Apr 11, 2013
Charlotte, NC
Looks like this game will be televised by NHL.net so no streaming available. If there is one good thing about the CBJ sucking all of the time, they don't get national TV coverage so almost all of the games are streamed. If streaming is your only option then it stinks to have a good team where a lot of the games are blacked out. Fans of the CBJ don't have to worry about that.

Cyclones Rock

Jun 12, 2008
I knew Gaudreau is going to play with Fantilli. But a trio like that? I don't know, I don't know. We'll see how Adam joins them together.
I feel sorry for Kent. He'll be playing, figuratively speaking, five and a half minutes (5:5) per game again.
I think the lines are what they should be. If KJ only gets 10-12 minutes it's no big deal. The big deal is if he becomes yo-yoed between here and Cleveland.

Reactions: Seedtype

Ice9

Jun 25, 2016
In the woods
Got a feeling line 1 might light it up. That feeling is based on absolutely nothing except it'd be about time thinking. However, I'd bet (outside of the kid) they could also fall flat on their faces.

stevo61

Jul 5, 2011
Canada
I get that the team knows Gaudreau and Laine have to be succesful for the team to succeed but I dont get how you break up a line thats been producing. Its also hugely beneficial long term if Johnson and Fantilli build chemistry. That top line could work but could also slow down 2 lines with all the changes. Atleast the Russians are being left alone and rewarding the team for keeping them together

majormajor

Jun 23, 2018
I'm disappointed to see the KJ - Fantilli - Bemstrom line broken up. They were magic.

I'm excited to see Gaudreau and Fantilli together.

I'm willing to give Laine a chance with them although I don't expect it to go well. Someone tell him to let his linemates do the puck handling.

I get that the team knows Gaudreau and Laine have to be succesful for the team to succeed but I dont get how you break up a line thats been producing. Its also hugely beneficial long term if Johnson and Fantilli build chemistry.

It feels like they're undervaluing it. That or they value getting Laine going more than anything else.

Reactions: cslebn

Aaaarrgghh

Jul 17, 2022
Well, there has been calls for Fantilli to centre Gaudreau for a long time now, so it seems weird to complain about it, though I understand, since the 91-11-52 line looked good. I, like many others, am excited to see Fantilli with Gaudreau. Hopefully it works!

EDIT: Missed the Hedger quote.

Reactions: Cyclones Rock

Cyclones Rock

Jun 12, 2008
What? Danforth as 1C? LOL.

I'd think that having your franchise center and your big money winger who's signed for 6 more years makes a tad more sense than having a bottom 6 player play above Fantilli.

I think I know why Vincent was hired. He may be the "smartest guy in the room". Other than Jarmo, of course.

majormajor

Jun 23, 2018
What? Danforth as 1C? LOL.

I'd think that having your franchise center and your big money winger who's signed for 6 more years makes a tad more sense than having a bottom 6 player play above Fantilli.

I think I know why Vincent was hired. He may be the "smartest guy in the room". Other than Jarmo, of course.

Moving Fantilli from KJ to current Laine would be a demotion. Vincent is doing him a favor.

Cyclones Rock

Jun 12, 2008
Moving Fantilli from KJ to current Laine would be a demotion. Vincent is doing him a favor.
Hardly. Playing with the team's marquis players is where Fantilli should be in the absence of Jenner.

Danforth is not first line caliber. He's not a good puck distributor at the NHL level. That being said he'll have 3 primary assits.

Reactions: Marioesque

majormajor

Jun 23, 2018
Hardly. Playing with the team's marquis players is where Fantilli should be in the absence of Jenner.

Danforth is not first line caliber. He's not a good puck distributor at the NHL level. That being said he'll have 3 primary assits.

Fantilli just spent several weeks playing with Laine and it was miserable, Laine can't handle the puck right now, though he sure tries a lot!

Then Fantilli gets placed with KJ and Bemstrom two games ago, and they've scored 4 goals already.

Marquee, interestingly enough, would describe Laine. He's a big name. But that's all he is right now.

Cyclones Rock

Jun 12, 2008
Fantilli just spent several weeks playing with Laine and it was miserable, Laine can't handle the puck right now, though he sure tries a lot!

Then Fantilli gets placed with KJ and Bemstrom two games ago, and they've scored 4 goals already.

Marquee, interestingly enough, would describe Laine. He's a big name. But that's all he is right now.
Tiny sample size and also not in a first line slotting.

Fantilli is ready to make the jump to the first line. He's our best center. He should be utilized as such. He needs to play with established good players like Gaudreau and Laine. Laine won't be in a funk forever and KJ may not be ready for prime time.

Reactions: Marioesque

Cyclones Rock

Jun 12, 2008
Just pretend the Danforth line is the 3rd line, problem solved. Russian line is basically our 1st line anyway nevermind the names/contracts on each line
I'll pretend that they're a 4th line after that sorry shift. And it won't be hard to do.

stevo61

Jul 5, 2011
Canada
impressive amount of turnovers coming out of the zone, boys just gotta keep it simple until the legs catch up

heck of shift from Gaudreau

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad