Prospect Info: CBJ Prospect Thread XI

Doggy

Oct 11, 2011

Weird, I have been watching BC quite a bit recently and forgot Hreschuk even plays for them. I know defensemen take longer to develop but feeling like he'll be lucky to linger around the bottom of an AHL roster for a couple years before moving on and doing something more productive with his life.

majormajor

Jun 23, 2018

College players seem to think it is disrespectful to their teammates if they commit to going pro, we saw with Fantilli that he wouldn't talk about it even though it felt obvious he was NHL ready. It's not so obvious with Brindley, I'm just saying I wouldn't believe that there hasn't been a decision made.

squashmaple

gudbranson apologist
Sponsor
Sep 24, 2022
Columbus
College players seem to think it is disrespectful to their teammates if they commit to going pro, we saw with Fantilli that he wouldn't talk about it even though it felt obvious he was NHL ready. It's not so obvious with Brindley, I'm just saying I wouldn't believe that there hasn't been a decision made.
How Michigan finishes may also influence his decision. If they don’t win anything, he may decide he has unfinished business and head back as a junior.

CBJWerenski8

Formerly CBJWennberg10 (RIP Kivi)
Jun 13, 2009
Nothing lasts forever, right? Davidson confirmed to The Athletic that the Blue Jackets are moving on from the NHL Prospects Tournament in Traverse City, Mich. The Blue Jackets are committed to playing next fall in Buffalo’s Prospects Challenge at Harborcenter. Last season, that tournament included prospects from the host Buffalo Sabres as well as the Boston Bruins, Montreal Canadiens, New Jersey Devils, Ottawa Senators and Pittsburgh Penguins. Columbus can only hope to have as much success in Buffalo as they did on the shores of Grand Traverse Bay. The Jackets won the Traverse City tournament last fall for the seventh time, more than any other franchise. They also won in 2005, ’06, ’14, ’15, ’18 and ’21.

majormajor

Jun 23, 2018
You kind of wonder why any prospect goes to Wisconsin. Players keep trying to keep get out of there as soon as possible.

stevo61

Jul 5, 2011
Canada
People will probably let the idea creep in about Brindley not signing but its not a bad thing, especially for a small guy. Actually just saw an interview with Bobby Ryan talking about how the CHL guys are better at the long drag of an NHL season while the college kids usually kill it in fitness testing. I think we should prefer a small ball of energy to be as physically mature as possible before making the show. We also have so many questions heading into next year as it is

koteka

Jan 1, 2017
Central Ohio
You kind of wonder why any prospect goes to Wisconsin. Players keep trying to keep get out of there as soon as possible.

Have you been to Madison? Not the worst place in the world to live, especially if you don’t mind cold weather.

1712106226099.jpeg

Reactions: Double-Shift Lasse

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad